Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Status Codes (My Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think, the problem is more with the italian authorities.

The problem is with both. Maybe if the italian authorities were much quicker, there wouldn't have been a problem at all. Tesla Milan sure underestimated the problems you can encounter here, but they didn't really care to inform me what was going on either. And it's not only this, there are many mails and phone calls which remained unanswered. Made some ruckus today, they apologiesed and said it will take at least another week.

I'm going more and more off topic here, I'll open a new topic about my car, since I finally got some pics today.

so....I thought I wouldn't have a problem waiting but am now getting super ANTSY!!!!

My status has been stuck on "Chassis Assembly"

with the email of entering the 3rd factory "body assembly" on 7/27/11

:frown:

lol now at final testing!!!

I also got a call that they will overnight paperwork for me.

Anyone educate me on what the paper work consist of?
Also, I asked if tax, title, delivery cost were added so I could figure out my financing options. Is there tax? I thought I read a thread about them taking care of the titling here in Texas.

any tips or pointers would be appreciated!

lol now at final testing!!!

I also got a call that they will overnight paperwork for me.

Anyone educate me on what the paper work consist of?
Also, I asked if tax, title, delivery cost were added so I could figure out my financing options. Is there tax? I thought I read a thread about them taking care of the titling here in Texas.

Paperwork for me was (after the initial order) was PoA for the registration and titling. Most of the costs will vary from State to State; here in FL the fees total $507.50 plus a $150 "document preparation fee" that Tesla charged (but they really jumped through hoops for me and handled everything very well). Local sales tax is what it is (6% here) and the delivery charge was $1950 which I think is standard(?).

Because Tesla does not have any locations in Texas, I strongly suspect you will need to handle the inspection, titling and licensing, but it is simple.

Take your car and the paperwork first to a safety/smog inspection station and have car and the VIN and mileage inspected. The fee for the inspection will be less than $20. Even if you live in a smog inspection county, there will be no smog inspection fee. At least on a 1.5, you can get the mileage on the orange screen below the speedometer by pressing a button on the right side of the steering column with the ignition off. If this does not work, check your manual.

Take the paperwork, including the VIN verification form to your local tax assessor/collector. If I recall correctly, the smog inspection form is green. (The car is not needed for this step.)

The sales tax will be 6.25%. The other fees will be roughly $100-$125 (title fee and 1 year's registration fee).

Welcome to the Texas Tesla Tribe.

No, First you need to go to the Vehicle Registration office. (county clerk) Then to an inspection station. (FYI it is just a safety check.)

BUT before you do any of that, you need to find insurance.

Perhaps the order varies from one part of the state to another part, so a phone call to the assessor/collector's/ clerk's office of your county may be a good idea.

Another good question to ask is whether you can still use insurance from another car for a few days (possibly 30 days) after buying a new car to register and title the new car. Of course, getting insurance on your Tesla right away would be a very good idea for your own protection (and may be required by your lender). Your insurance company may limit your collision and comprehensive coverage to the amount of insurance on the older car. Consult with your lender, it may insist on handling the paperwork with the government.

The key document from Tesla is the manufacturer's certificate of origin.

Last edited:
Many Texas counties have vehicle title and registration information on the internet. Here is the link for Harris County which I got from Googling "Harris county vehicle title." Harris County Vehicle Registration
A search on the frequently asked questions page for "out-of-state" gives the following information:
"Q. I just moved to Texas. How do I register my vehicle?
Before it can be registered, your vehicle must pass a State of Texas vehicle safety inspection and a visual verification of the vehicle identification number. These services are available at state-approved Safety Inspection Stations.
The inspection facility will provide you with a Vehicle Identification Certificate (Form VI-30-A). You must submit this form to the Harris County Tax Office along with an Application for Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U) and an out-of-state title or out-of-state registration. A new resident fee of $90, or a sales tax fee of 6.25% of the vehicle’s purchase price will be charged. Title and registration fees are due at the time the application for title is made. You may do this in person at any Harris County Tax Office or by mail. Proof of liability insurance is required in Texas in order for these services to be provided (please read more info in next question)."

There does not appear to be any specific discussion of a brand new car on the site.

thanks everyone! Gives me a place to start.

the paperwork should be here Friday. Also the service rep was nice enough to send me a picture of the actual car. Hard to believe it's already in the states!

08-31-11_2010.jpg

thanks everyone! W.Petefish, you were the reason I wanted white when I saw you driving around Dallas! Sorry to have another rare car in such close proximity that looks like yours.

I wish I could see it but I got the red rally interior.

But to stay on topic, my status says Final Production but from the picture, is it already in Menlo waiting to be shipped out?

But to stay on topic, my status says Final Production but from the picture, is it already in Menlo waiting to be shipped out?
I believe that Final Production is performed in Menlo Park, or at least somewhere in California. It is, after all, an "American Made" vehicle. The battery, motor, PEM, firmware, and perhaps other components are installed here.