Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Status Codes (My Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall, I got a lot more information from the advocate than from My Tesla. I really feel that Tesla could do so much more with this system (particularly as the Model S is looking to be using a similar custom-build process - with a vastly increased volume of cars built). The "Roadster Design Studio" is the first part of this.

At each stage of the build, I got images of cars in representative stages of production - which were helpful, but they weren't my car. The best image I got was the camera-phone snapshot I got from my salesman (attached below). It showed me my own car, getting final testing in Hong Kong prior to delivery. The image was appreciated because it was My Car, not some left-hand-drive silver sample. There have been so many comments on this and other threads about this, and I really hope Tesla is listening.

My Roadster has just entered the "Your Roadster Order is Confirmed" (after final testing) stage. However, other than an initial thank-you call from the US right after ordering mentioning a target delivery date range, I have hardly heard from the advocates during the wait, and certainly no e-mail with reference production images. And I've just searched my mailbox to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but you're very lucky with the level of follow ups you got.

Last edited:
However, other than an initial thank-you call from the US right after ordering mentioning a target delivery date range, I have hardly heard from the advocates during the wait, and certainly no e-mail with reference production images. And I've just searched my mailbox to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but you're very lucky with the level of follow ups you got.

Maybe it is just Asia works this way, or the advocate here is particularly good.

welcome foxium!

I'm still a newbie waiting for my car also. But my sales rep (Ross) and my new advocate (Jin) have been great with updating me. Even as we get close getting the payments and paper work done has been great as they have responded even over the weekend (which works for me as my day job I have little time to talk on the phone or reply to emails).

My experience thus far has been great.

Joining the club

The cessation of roadster production has spurred me into action and I now have my name on VIN 1425 (Arctic White, no CF, premium interior and infotainment).

I am an engineer and have worked on EV's in the past; I have watched the development of this vehicle from afar yet never took the time to really understand it. I toured Menlo Park and had some interesting battery conversations with the top of the company about a year ago.

Then, last weekend, I test drove a car at the Santana Row store. Amazed, impressed, inspired, and now committed...

Hoping for delivery by end of month. I think the car is on the way to Menlo Park via air since it is now spoken for (as I understand it, spec vehicles without an owner go by boat). Color choice was hard but white just works for me. It is the color of... iPods, Stormtroopers, Segway i2's, and Lotus Esprits from "The Spy Who Loved Me".

Who's your advocate? Naomi?

P.S. Welcome the the club!

welcome foxium!

I'm still a newbie waiting for my car also. But my sales rep (Ross) and my new advocate (Jin) have been great with updating me. Even as we get close getting the payments and paper work done has been great as they have responded even over the weekend (which works for me as my day job I have little time to talk on the phone or reply to emails).

My experience thus far has been great.

Thank you! I look forward to delivery and this forum really helped killing some of the wait time.

Mark, yes my advocate is Naomi. To me the experience Tesla offered so far is excellent. Naomi and Kenneth (local staff in HK) are both very friendly, and like 7racer's case, Kenneth also responded to my weekend calls a number of times.

I just happen to have noticed Mark's wish for possible improvements in their updates (e.g. real photos), and would like to point out that personalized email updates may not be a standard practice for all customers. Anyway I use Page Monitor (Chrome extension) to auto-check My Tesla updates, so again I'm totally happy with them :smile:.

Last edited:
Color choice was hard but white just works for me. It is the color of... iPods, Stormtroopers, Segway i2's, and Lotus Esprits from "The Spy Who Loved Me".
I agree. Picking the color was really tough. I had always pictured getting a red sports car but when it came time to choose, I liked the stormtrooper combo. Nice pick and congrats.

I like red....but am more of a subdued kinda guy....
Didn't think I would like white until I saw a roadster scooting around (white).

anyways, my stats still says "in final testing" but got a call today to confirm my delivery address and told me they worked on loading my car on the truck for delivery!

Last edited:
anyways, my stats still says "in final testing" but got a call today to confirm my delivery address and told me they worked on loading my car on the truck for delivery![/QUOTE].

Great news!
My Tesla tells me my roadster is in Chassis Assembly but my sales person says my delivery is still slated for the end of Septmember. Hoping I'll get a call like you did before too long :).

That means start to expect it in less than a week.

Better get that paperwork ready!

I have my insurance already in place! So just a trip to the tax office and inspection correct?

and ugh....I'm getting antsy. Did a google maps to see how far it was from Menlo to Dallas!
Screen Shot 2011-09-18 at 10.43.47 PM.jpg

Reactions: AtAge19
Its a big state, you wouldn't be able to get home without the UMC. You also wouldn't know from which direction it is coming from, probably isn't direct and Plycar has a Hub in Dallas.

@7racer Wanna go for coffee when your roadster arrives?