Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Promotion 6000miles - UNFAIR!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got delivery of Tesla Model Y on 9th Dec 22, they gave promotions from 15th to 31st deliveries - giving away huge discounts and 6000miles free super charger, how fair it is for someone to receive car couple of days ago and missing out on such huge savings?

I am looking for a legal advise as bought car on company - I raised dispute on 17th December claiming this offer was never informed and buyers being treated unfairly as couple of days delays would have auto enrolled my car.

Am I right to raise a dispute? If yes, what's the best way as their customer care is really bad and email helpline is worst - unfortunately everyone thinks they are ''Elon'' : ) and can be super rude..., if I don't deserve to claim - then why, would you allow such unfairness to yourself?

Advise would be super helpful - how to legally escalate this

Thanks in advance.

We had delivery all set for 12-21, which would have allowed us to get the additional $3750. But, not knowing this, we rescheduled delivery for 12-20 to avoid the big snowstorm hitting on 12-21 thru 22.

When I asked for them to take pity on us and please give us the $3750, I got laughed at. Not really, but I did…

Still, every time I drive the car, it hurts a little less. What an amazing machine!!

I got delivery of Tesla Model Y on 9th Dec 22, they gave promotions from 15th to 31st deliveries - giving away huge discounts and 6000miles free super charger, how fair it is for someone to receive car couple of days ago and missing out on such huge savings?

I am looking for a legal advise as bought car on company - I raised dispute on 17th December claiming this offer was never informed and buyers being treated unfairly as couple of days delays would have auto enrolled my car.

Am I right to raise a dispute? If yes, what's the best way as their customer care is really bad and email helpline is worst - unfortunately everyone thinks they are ''Elon'' : ) and can be super rude..., if I don't deserve to claim - then why, would you allow such unfairness to yourself?

Thanks in advance.
Whatever terms you signed is whatever you agreed upon. I think the reason why this rubbed a lot of people the wrong way is that it went from no transparency (When your car will be delivered) to full on transparency (If you take delivery by X date) as if there's a lot of control by the consumer.

On the bright side, you did get partial Dec credit of $3750. Myself and a lot of others didn't get any, Nov deliveries, lmao.

I'd be upset, too.

But you're not looking at this honestly. You made an agreement with a company to buy a car. The deal was done, you got your car, and you paid the agreed amount. The fact that they sell another car to someone who came after you for less is a fact of life in any kind of market economy.

You'd do well to never assume that they owe you something beyond what was agreed to. You had the misfortune of having bad timing, but that's nobody's fault.

I'd be upset, too.

But you're not looking at this honestly. You made an agreement with a company to buy a car. The deal was done, you got your car, and you paid the agreed amount. The fact that they sell another car to someone who came after you for less is a fact of life in any kind of market economy.

You'd do well to never assume that they owe you something beyond what was agreed to. You had the misfortune of having bad timing, but that's nobody's fault.
I think you nailed it here and I mentioned this on another thread. They sell and continue to sell another car (same model even) to someone else after you. Normally this is the case in a regular dealership. Lots of deals being made, some in the favor of the buyer and others are in favor of the dealership with crazy addons/extended warranty/lojack/etc/lol. The difference is that with the Tesla model, YOU SEE what others are getting or can get. The potential of savings is right there which can trigger buyer's remorse/fomo/etc.

Thanks in advance.
So when any retailer sells a product at a sale price do you believe you are ENTITLED to that sale price?
If a product comes in a “holiday” package with extra items at the same cost are you ENTITLED to those extra items if you bought yours the day before that product announcement?
Now that common sense has set in and you realize your NOT entitled to anything other than what YOU agreed to at the day / time of the sale taking place, enjoy what you have.

No, no more than you would be if you bought or leased any other car in your location and some incentive or other happened.

OMG, I bought a dozen eggs last week, and this week they are on sale for 50% cheaper due to changes in supply and demand! I want to SUE! Help me organize my unfair-egg-price crusade?

If they raised the price a week after you got delivery, instead of lowered it, would you be happy if they called you asking you for more $$ than you had paid?