Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Promotion 6000miles - UNFAIR!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was tired one night earlier in the year and went to bed figuring i'd reserve the next day. Next day i go to order and the price is suddenly $3 higher. I was too slow. Should I be entitled to the price the day before? Nope. Thats life. I ordered anyway.
THAT happened to me too! I was going to pull the trigger on ordering a MY early march at $58,995. Then the price went up and that is unfair. I am not entitled to that price anymore.. I ordered anyway too..

Reactions: Pianewman
Wow, guys.

The OP missed out on almost $4,000 by sheer timing. You'd think that people would show a bit of understanding for a situation that any of us would be frustrated with rather than getting nasty about it. Literally adding insult to (financial) injury.
When they drop the price next year by lets say $3-5k should we all feel that we need to start a lawsuit because we paid more and got an $7500 credit? No one know what is going to happen next year however I do feel 99% that the prices will come down. It is a question of to just buy now or just wait and see.. Each person has to make their own financial decision which works best for them. AT the point the OP took delivery they thought it was the right price and there was no concern at that point..

When they drop the price next year by lets say $3-5k should we all feel that we need to start a lawsuit because we paid more and got an $7500 credit? No one know what is going to happen next year however I do feel 99% that the prices will come down. It is a question of to just buy now or just wait and see.. Each person has to make their own financial decision which works best for them. AT the point the OP took delivery they thought it was the right price and there was no concern at that point..

Right. And that's what I said in my response on the first page. Tesla owes him nothing, and it's unreasonable to expect otherwise.

It's one thing to say that. But, in my view, it's a completely different thing to ridicule someone over it.

It sucks for sure. Yes it would be nice if Tesla would adjust for any price changes or incentives within 30 days of purchase.

The reality is that I doubt you have any chance at prevailing in a legal case. You agreed to purchase the vehicle at the price you paid and Tesla never promised to credit you for any price changes or incentives. There is no return policy so you can't return the car.

Lastly the free supercharger miles amount to less than $1,000 by my calculation depending on the cost of electric. In some cases only about half that.

Not worth it. Enjoy the car and move on would be my advice.

Some on here may remember that Tesla issued refunds in the past. Back in 2019-2020, they dropped the price of their cars several times. Those who purchased within a week or two of the price drop were usually successful in getting a credit for missing out on the deal.

Of course the pricing moves were different, as were the surrounding circumstances. I don't think it was unreasonable for people to reach out and ask. It's unreasonable to think you're owed a refund, though.

Some on here may remember that Tesla issued refunds in the past. Back in 2019-2020, they dropped the price of their cars several times. Those who purchased within a week or two of the price drop were usually successful in getting a credit for missing out on the deal.

Of course the pricing moves were different, as were the surrounding circumstances. I don't think it was unreasonable for people to reach out and ask. It's unreasonable to think you're owed a refund, though.
Agree. It's always a good idea to ask. But, yeah, shouldn't be expected and certainly shouldn't go to the level of legal action

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Not sure if OP posted this as a joke or not, but I am dying of laughter here so thank you anyway :D.

In case they are serious, it's absolutely amazing that someone who have earned enough money to afford a new car hasn't also earned the life experience to know what fairness is.

If they would have given you 6000 miles and removed that offer for anyone buying after you, would you have seeked legal advise for how to give those miles back? That would only be FAIR, no?

This sort of behavior is why Tesla (and many other companies of course) have a 'black list' with customers who are not allowed to order again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Wow, guys.

The OP missed out on almost $4,000 by sheer timing. You'd think that people would show a bit of understanding for a situation that any of us would be frustrated with rather than getting nasty about it. Literally adding insult to (financial) injury.

Tesla has both raised and lowered prices by thousands of dollars many times over the years.

They take the fairly customer-friendly approach of honoring the "old" price for those who put down deposits even if the car now lists for more to fresh orderers. They do not offer refunds to everyone-who-ever-bought-a-tesla-for-more if the price goes down. Even if they attempted giving some kind of "recent" orders a refund, no matter how far back in time they went (5 days? 30 days? 90 days?) there would be a person 1-day-older than the refund window who would still be able to yell "unfair"....

Last edited:
Wow, guys.

I’m happy to show understanding and acknowledge frustration arising from unfortunate timing.

OP (who I’m now thinking is a troll and likely not coming back) didn’t lead with that - rather moaned about how life isn’t fair and how he needs a lawyer to make things “fair” for him again because he had the nerve to buy something at a different price than what’s on offer today.

Nah, I’ve no sympathy for that point of view and attitude.

I took delivery of my MY the day before incentives added 10,000 supercharger miles. I asked if I could be given the miles since I took deliver about 9 hours before the miles kicked in. I was told no. I tried. At the time of delivery, I received my $3,750 discount which is what Tesla offered, and I expected to receive. whatever happens after the agreement is complete is bad timing.

If all incentives ended the day after you took deliver and Tesla stopped the $3,750 discount, would you ask Tesla to take back the discount? No, and Tesla would not attempt to do so since at the time of delivery you were entitled to the discount being offered. To quote Brandon, "Come on man".

🤷‍♂️

Move on people.

The extra incentive was quite obviously aimed at people who were expecting a Jan collection, not a Dec collection, as a bribe to bring forward their collection into Q4.

Folks who were in the window anyway got lucky - good for them!

There’s zero prospect of Tesla extending the window to earlier in December, as all it does is cost them money on a sale they’ve already made.

Tesla was a much different company in 2019, pre-model 3 launch. They were still borderline on succeeding or failing. I purchased my 2019 Model S in late December 2018. At that time Tesla allowed you to pick when you wanted your car delivered within 3 months. They also begged you to take delivery as soon as possible. Customer service was great, they were very accommodating. Now that they’ve succeeded it’s all about making investors happy. So don’t expect any money back.

Wow, guys.

If it’s so important for you to show understanding for the financial injury I think it’s only right for you to step up and maybe reimburse your fellow financially unstable brethren. If Tesla does not

Reactions: Olle