Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Q&A and general meet with Cary - 7pm Tuesday 3rd June Kelvin Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Q&A and general meet with Cary - 7pm Tuesday 3rd June Kelvin Club

The meeting will be fairly casual – Cary will be addressing our questions and/or chatting to people about specific issues. However, I think it would be worthwhile to list any specific questions on this forum before the meeting and I will make sure that Cary sees them.

For me it will be configuration options, insurance, delivery dates.

Cary has also asked for people to come ready with ideas on where they’d like to see charging and if they know anyone that would be willing to install public chargers. He wants to get chargers installed as many public locations as possible, preferably in and outside of the CDB---Especially in the Portsea and Sorrento areas. Perhaps golf courses and other places that Model S drivers might frequent.

I have started this new thread so the main details can be in the heading!

Organizational Details
7 pm
Tuesday 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] June
The Kelvin Club
14-30 Melbourne Place
Melbourne VIC 3000
I will be there by 6:00 pm - you are welcome any time after 6:00. We can have a quiet ale whilst we wait for the remaining guests.

The kitchen is organising pizzas, sandwiches etc. There will also be vegetarian options.

Dress Code (not too onerous) - Minimum is Smart Casual Attire:
For men: Pants, collared shirts or sweaters. Smart jeans preferred with blazer.
For women: Pants, dresses, smart jeans, blouses, skirts, sweaters.

RSVPs so far:

doctorwho
Timpoo
Phillip
president_ltd
mike_j
salamagd
Isbrown
cdbrown
Wpapua (x 2)

And obviously Cary plus 1 other purchaser and me plus 2 so that makes 15 in total at this stage.

Anyone else is welcome – just let me know. If you PM me I will give you my contact details.

This will be a relaxed meeting downstairs in the club lounge/billiard room which is always quiet on a Tuesday night.

The Kelvin Club is off Russell St between Collins and Burke https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6ad642c9b6558577:0xa4c85e378a36a6fd

Kelvin Club: http://www.kelvinclub.com/

Cheers
David

Last edited:
In the process of investigation of aftermarket finishes (I saw the references to Opti-Coat on the American pages) I went looking in Melbourne.

There are several dealers. One I spoke to about process and cost etc was Dan's Garage http://dansgaragedetailing.com/car-detailing-melbourne/ . He was very straight forward and had a lot of information to share. He knew about the Tesla and is interested in coming on Tuesday. I just want to be sure that no one has any objection to him coming.

So, let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers
David

In the process of investigation of aftermarket finishes (I saw the references to Opti-Coat on the American pages) I went looking in Melbourne.

There are several dealers. One I spoke to about process and cost etc was Dan's Garage http://dansgaragedetailing.com/car-detailing-melbourne/ . He was very straight forward and had a lot of information to share. He knew about the Tesla and is interested in coming on Tuesday. I just want to be sure that no one has any objection to him coming.

So, let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers
David

Yeah David I'd be keen to speak to him too...I wouldn't want to get it wrapped, but some kind of Opti-coating would be good so I didn't have to wash it as much. Don't like going to commercial car washes.

Could you guys ask him about G Tecniq as well? Would be very interested in what he has to say. Please post your results here.
Could you also ask him if he can recommend anyone in Sydney to do the job? G Tecniq is easy, Opticoat seems harder to find.

Last edited:
Thanks to Higgy for organising the meeting.
It was great to meet Cary and hear about his cultural adventures in Melbourne, moving into scary Richmond:smile:
There wasn't a lot of amazingly new news, the price release was delayed because the Australian website was extremely complex with a myriad of different taxes in each state and only one programmer back in head office. RHD cars are being produced in batches of 60 and production is imminent. Apparently Australia leads the RHD orders market at the moment! There'll be a showroom in Sydney and one to follow in Melbourne when the right location is found. Chadstone was the first choice but there isn't anything available at the moment. A Melbourne service centre will follow. Superchargers will follow in 'Tesla-time', initially on the Melbourne-Sydney route.

There were surprisingly few homologation issues for the Model S here apart from the rear facing seats - it sounds like that would have required local crash testing. The browser functionality is still being decided, all hoping for full functionality.