Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Q2 Financials plus Q&A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to this tomorrow morning ~7:30AM Aus EST I think?
There is usually something Elon says that gives an inkling toward some impending announcement or update on existing stuff which then goes viral.
I'm sure Elon won't disappoint his many fans. :biggrin:

Hey thanks for the link Brewster... I love listening to the man himself...

- - - Updated - - -

I think he will be announcing car vin 100,000. Hopefully its got an update on it that we all want

My guess is the Model X configurator.

Well thanks to Brewster, I DID end up listening to this Q&A - as always very interesting... I noted the following:

Elon Musk said the Model X configurator will be on the website by the end of the month, a few weeks before production is due to commence, deliveries to occur end of September.

They are still interviewing candidates for Deepak's replacement (the CFO) and he will hang around to ensure a smooth transition, but I fear that his replacement has really huge shoes to fill which will negatively impact Tesla.

The trouble with the Model X seems to be the second row seats - and at another point, Elon described it as the hardest car in the world to make.

The Fremont factory was closed for a week for improvements. Both the Model S and Model X will be made from the same main assembly line.

The improved paint shop (I think is not yet operational) designed to do 10,000 cars a week (far out) has been upgraded with model 3 in mind - though no other factory improvements have been made with model 3 in mind.

...wife's calling go to go... she who must be obeyed...

Autopilot release to early access customers around 15th August, then depending on how it is received and issues discovered from different parts of the world, full deployment to start 1-2 months after that.
Looks like still deployment this year, maybe October/November.

Elon said that the autopilot performs "excellently" when there is a car in front that it is tracking... It only performs 'very well' when there is no car in front (presumably having to fend for itself in making out where the line markings are).

I must admit though, it makes me rather nervous. Apparently most half-asleep people driving cars, run into parked cars along the side of the road because they subconsciously interpret the parked car as simply being the next car in a line of traffic... BUT what about the Tesla on autopilot BEHIND that half-asleep car - and worse still, what if the first car drives over a cliff! What if the road sign that the Tesla computer is not quite making out says, "Bridge out ahead!" Does going over the odd cliff here and there count as only "Very Good"...