Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Quietly Discontinues the 85 kWh Battery Option in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true (as far as I know, anyway). We purchased an S85D in December, for delivery late January/February. We did this later delivery specifically to ensure that the VIN would reflect a 2016 automobile NOT a 2015. Picked it up yesterday - it's a 2016 85kWh vehicle. I don't think that the VIN will reflect anything other than the actual year of production, not the year of purchase.

Doug

Not true (as far as I know, anyway). We purchased an S85D in December, for delivery late January/February. We did this later delivery specifically to ensure that the VIN would reflect a 2016 automobile NOT a 2015. Picked it up yesterday - it's a 2016 85kWh vehicle. I don't think that the VIN will reflect anything other than the actual year of production, not the year of purchase.

Doug
This went into effect after yours went into production. The last of the 85s are being built now. There won't be any built after next month.

As a person who just took delivery on my S85D, I'm surprised that the 85kWh pack issue wasn't mentioned.
In fact, I specifically upgraded from the 70 to the 85 simply based on range anxiety and the potential issue of resale.
Not entirely sure how to feel about this.
Doug