Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla racing Qantas 737s now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Qantas Club ain't the nicest lounge, I have to say....
Nice thought, though.
Now, if it were the Business or first class lounge, with OS reciprocal rights, I'd be hugely impressed...

Yes, bog-standard Qantas Club membership isn't very appealing. These days isn't it overflowing with people in high-vis vests? But if they make it domestic Qantas Business Lounge membership then that's at least a bit tempting.

I'm like you Homer - wish I wasn't - would love to buy/support Australian - maybe time to give them another try?

I think QF's foreign ownership is capped at 49%, whereas VA doesn't have that and it's about 90% foreign owned. I hear you on supporting a company that is more locally owned than another one, but using that logic I'd have been buying from an Australian-owned car company, at least while they still existed, instead of a majority US-owned one such as Tesla ;). But, yep, if the offer looks good enough then I might give QF another shot at least domestically. Internationally it's another story - I've become hooked on the fresher hard and soft product up at the pointy end of VA's partners SQ, EY and even NZ :).

Yes, bog-standard Qantas Club membership isn't very appealing. These days isn't it overflowing with people in high-vis vests? But if they make it domestic Qantas Business Lounge membership then that's at least a bit tempting.
Best come to Adelaide then, there is no seperate business lounge here, although I do enjoy walking through the overcrowded lounges at melb and syd into the much quieter business lounges.
I wonder if this answers the typical question I always get. "So can it get to melbourne". I guess that answer just got a nice touch to it.
I think tesla have done well on this. What other car company would provide you a complimentary airline lounge access a year after theyve taken your cash? Doesn't matter if its qantas or virgin (I prefer qantas), either way its a very big statement about the quality of their after sales care.....as was replacing that RDIO issue.....but.....would have been nice if we recieved a personal email rather than finding out on-line.
Indeed the reaction I got today from people I told was sincere shock. No-one expects car companies to be like this. Makes purchasing even more compelling.

Isn't Qantas Club basically access to the business lounge without buying a business class ticket?

Yes the business class lounge often has people in (clean) hi-vis. They are generally off to mining sites to earn 200k+ a year FIFO....

First class lounge is a lot nicer, but you either need to be a platinum frequent flyer or have bought a first class ticket.

Isn't Qantas Club basically access to the business lounge without buying a business class ticket?

Yes the business class lounge often has people in (clean) hi-vis. They are generally off to mining sites to earn 200k+ a year FIFO....

First class lounge is a lot nicer, but you either need to be a platinum frequent flyer or have bought a first class ticket.

No, domestic Qantas Club is the entry-level lounge that you can buy membership to. It's full of people in short sleeve shirts, high-vis vests and talking loudly on mobile phones ;). The domestic Qantas Business lounge is a step up, for business class and Qantas Platinum frequent flyers. There is no domestic first class lounge, only international, and only in Sydney and Melbourne. My reading of the press materials is that this tie-up relates only to the domestic lounges. In any case Qantas is limited in what it can do internationally due to its airline partners and issues around reciprocal rights so I wouldn't expect this would extend past the dom terminals.