Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was pulling up towards my condo complex driveway when a pickup truck that had been following me up the street in Long Beach, CA for all of one block pulls to the left of me with his passenger window rolled down and honks. So I roll down my window to see what he wants.
As soon as my window is down, he yells “f’ing tree hugger!”, immediately throws a full plastic bottle of water at my car door and takes off at a high rate of speed down the road. Fortunately there appears to be no damage to my vehicle and the still sealed bottle of water bounced off my car into the street. Unsure if he was trying to hit the car or me with the bottle.
i am shocked this happened, but guess it’s time for me to get an SSD so I can have sentry mode and dash cam up and running in case something like this happens again.
Sort of a shock that this would occur in Los Angeles county though.

That was pretty shocking to read. People should at least start out with a 64Gb usb flash drive in their cars until they settle on something else and larger capacity. Inexpensive and you never know when you’re going to need it. It was one of the things I told our friend to pick up before his car arrived so he had TeslaCam from Day 1. Glad you apparently had no damage.

I lived in Long Beach for several years. Near a whole bunch of health food stores, medical marijuana dispensaries, and everything that is like the opposite of such a truck driver...though now I think about it, someone broke into my Prius Prime and stole my charging cable a few years ago. (Priuses are even more tree-hugging to the general public than Teslas!) But I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you, and hopefully Sentry mode will bring more and more of these miscreants to justice.

Was pulling up towards my condo complex driveway when a pickup truck that had been following me up the street in Long Beach, CA for all of one block pulls to the left of me with his passenger window rolled down and honks. So I roll down my window to see what he wants.
As soon as my window is down, he yells “f’ing tree hugger!”, immediately throws a full plastic bottle of water at my car door and takes off at a high rate of speed down the road. Fortunately there appears to be no damage to my vehicle and the still sealed bottle of water bounced off my car into the street. Unsure if he was trying to hit the car or me with the bottle.
i am shocked this happened, but guess it’s time for me to get an SSD so I can have sentry mode and dash cam up and running in case something like this happens again.
Sort of a shock that this would occur in Los Angeles county though.

Getting SSD or thumb drivers should be the very first item you install in your car as there is a real benefit from it. I, living and driven in Los Angeles, am surprised at this. More often I get younger adults trying to show off their cars and race me in their loud as cars. I don’t have time for those games and just a leave them in the dust haha

I find it very odd that some individuals care what car you drive. If anything BEV owners should be throwing coal or other polluting crap at ICE drivers... j/k.

Reactions: house9
Just put a Trump 2020 sticker on it to take away the Tree Hugger stigma. On the other hand, maybe not. JK....You would have to deal with an even a worse crazy derangement out there.

Remember, the “Co-Exist” sticker that went extinct? That sticker was literally magically peeled off and disappeared off all these cars over the past three years. We could all learn a lot if we followed that statement again.

Sorry to hear about this. I live in FL in a heavy Republican county with a “Save our Seas” FL vanity plate and have had no issues. Neither the car or the plate makes me a Democrat, but I am sure many “more respectable” people have jumped to the same conclusion without going postal on me. Stay vigilant.

Last edited:
I live in Georgia (deep south) In the foothills of the Blueridge mountains. I'm kind of an odd duckling around here as Teslas are still relatively rare. I either experience indifference or people genuinely interested in my opinion of ownership.

Heck there was a KKK rally in my town square last year if that gives any indication of how backwards it is.

No issues as of yet, but I've only had the car about a month.

Reactions: Led Jetson
Just put a Trump 2020 sticker on it to take away the Tree Hugger stigma. On the other hand, maybe not. JK....You would have to deal with an even a worse crazy derangement out there.

Remember, the “Co-Exist” sticker that went extinct? That sticker was literally magically peeled off and disappeared off all these cars over the past three years. We could all learn a lot if we followed that statement again.

Sorry to hear about this. I live in FL in a heavy Republican county with a “Save our Seas” FL vanity plate and have had no issues. Neither the car or the plate makes me a Democrat, but I am sure many “more respectable” people have jumped to the same conclusion without going postal on me. Stay vigilant.

Put a Co-Exist AND Trump sticker on your car, people will be so confused they won't say anything!

T.png

I live in Georgia (deep south) In the foothills of the Blueridge mountains. I'm kind of an odd duckling around here as Teslas are still relatively rare. I either experience indifference or people genuinely interested in my opinion of ownership.

Heck there was a KKK rally in my town square last year if that gives any indication of how backwards it is.

No issues as of yet, but I've only had the car about a month.
Shhh...

Republican here with 3 Teslas on order ... climate change is real ... just because someone votes one way doesn't mean they have to fall in line like a mindless automaton and agree with everything ... on either side .. there is middle ground so if we could all just head that direction it would probably fix a lot of problems.

Funny .. in Alabama Tesla's are cool and we're about as red of a state as you can get .. that guy that threw a water bottle at you is just an a$$hole, they come in every color.