Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla raised Model X LR price by $5000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Model S back glass still distort the view behind like crazy? That drove me nuts on the loaner I had but maybe it's an early production thing

Oddly the X feels the most like a normal car to me of all the line despite the doors and the windscreen and other oddities. At least, the pre-refresh car does. Now they went and weirded-up all of them again so probably not anymore

So yeah, they should keep making the X. They just need to do an entry-level model, like they did before, at about $70k for a ~300 mile standard range before options.

Interestingly I did not get a warm fuzzy from my SA that I would not be charged the $5000 difference in price if I make a change in my order from a 5 seater to a 7 seater. He said he will get back to me to tomorrow. I tried to change it prior to the price increase, but never heard back. I would expect that Tesla would be able to honor the original price, plus the $3500 for the 7 seater.

i spoke to someone from Tesla yesterday (they called me to finish the outstanding items in the portal; EDD is January). They said any changes would result in $5000 price increase plus price of options.

Very silly, as I was thinking of switching fro 7 to 6 seater and bigger wheels.

I suppose it will help the resale value of my 2019 LR when I trade it in on the CyberTruck
The question is when can you get the CyberTruck? my feeling is, they won't start to ship at least for another 12 months.

The battery pack would be huge, I guess at least 100Kwh for base, and close to 200Kwh for 500 miles version. The only way to make it profitable is the new 4680 battery.

The question is when can you get the CyberTruck? my feeling is, they won't start to ship at least for another 12 months.

The battery pack would be huge, I guess at least 100Kwh for base, and close to 200Kwh for 500 miles version. The only way to make it profitable is the new 4680 battery.
I can wait. As long as it arrives before the 4yr/50K warranty on my X is up in August 2023, I’m good. Admittedly, it may be close if prior product launches are any indication.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm pretty pissed at Tesla! I bought a 2020 XLR (w/o FSD) last September. On May 29th we were rear-ended and the car was totaled. I placed an order for the new car ... ostensibly identical, but admittedly the "refreshed" version. It was something like $10K more than I paid a few months ago. In the meantime, I bought a 2018 XLR with FSD that came on the market the day we were in the wreck...the plan being to trade or sell outright when the new one comes in.

I've been pulling my hair out with frustration over Service addressing a few gremlins. You'd think they'd provide the same level of service on the 2018 that they did on the 2020, but it doesn't seem that way.

Now - to add insult to injury - I discovered that the car I have on order has the wrong color interior, so I want to correct it. THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE ME SUCK UP THE INCREASED PRICE!!! The mistake may have been mine ... or a glitch...no matter. Changing from a black & white interior to a cream interior is the same price, but since the overall price increased $5000, they say I have to pay that!

I've spoken with the sales manager, but they all seem powerless ... "the computer system won't let us make a change" BS!!!

Keep in mind, that this will be the 3rd X I will have bought from Tesla in 16 months. I am now (perish the thought) starting to look at things like the Cadillac Lyric, etc....as much as I don't want to. I loved the 2020...best car I've ever had.

Suggestions anyone?

Ranger29 ... aka "MADASHELL"

Reactions: hcdavis3
I can wait. As long as it arrives before the 4yr/50K warranty on my X is up in August 2023, I’m good. Admittedly, it may be close if prior product launches are any indication.
If you pre-order very early then August 2023 delivery could be possible. I hesitated when I saw the alian shaped CT and did not order immediately, then found there were thousands pre-orders. Now as there are more than a million pre-orders, not sure if I should even order.

I have a early F150 Lightening pre-order, but I never own a full size pickup truck, I have one concern. CT or F150 can hardly fit in regular garage that I have to park outside. Given Sacramento and central valley's hot summer, which would be around 100F for many weeks, I suspect parking under 100F sunshine would impact the longevity of the battery pack.

If you pre-order very early then August 2023 delivery could be possible. I hesitated when I saw the alian shaped CT and did not order immediately, then found there were thousands pre-orders. Now as there are more than a million pre-orders, not sure if I should even order.

I have a early F150 Lightening pre-order, but I never own a full size pickup truck, I have one concern. CT or F150 can hardly fit in regular garage that I have to park outside. Given Sacramento and central valley's hot summer, which would be around 100F for many weeks, I suspect parking under 100F sunshine would impact the longevity of the battery pack.
I’ve had trucks for nearly 30 years and really couldn’t do without one. I typically buy heavy duty diesels. More capability than 1/2 ton gassers, comparable fuel economy, 700 plus mile range on a tank of fuel, MUCH better resale value, etc. I just ordered a one-ton ‘22 to replace my 3/4 ton ‘18 and I’ll probably hold on to it for a while. By the time I’m ready to replace it, I’m hopeful that we’ll have EV options that can do all of the things HD diesel trucks can do today.

The CT will be my daily driver (replacing my X). I can’t imagine doing real truck things with the CT like dumping loads of topsoil or gravel into the bed.