Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla raising FSD by $3,000 on May 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hblink93

Model 3 Performance, White/White, FSD
Apr 29, 2019
Chesapeake, VA
Apologies if this is "old news," but my sales rep told me on Saturday that if I was "on the fence" about buying a Model 3 with FSD, that I should consider that Tesla will be raising the price by $3,000 on May 1st. I read a story or two stating that this was coming, but I heard it from the lips of a salesperson on Saturday (4/28). I bought my P3D last night. Can't wait 'til delivery!

Reactions: Leafdriver333
They want me to pay $7000 for FSD. That is never happening. And at $8000, pigs will fly before I buy.

My friend bought a silver M3 and he was able to get EAP for $2000. When you factor in the fed tax rebate and the lower cost of silver + delivery, he paid about the same as me. There makes no sense for him to get a massive AP /FSD discount over me.

Apologies if this is "old news," but my sales rep told me on Saturday that if I was "on the fence" about buying a Model 3 with FSD, that I should consider that Tesla will be raising the price by $3,000 on May 1st. I read a story or two stating that this was coming, but I heard it from the lips of a salesperson on Saturday (4/28). I bought my P3D last night. Can't wait 'til delivery!
Take Tesla reps word with a grain of salt.

OK--sorry for the bad gouge. My sales rep tried to be helpful, but she clearly didn't have the latest info. I'm very impressed how quickly my post got read and responded to. I'm happy to join the club. I wound up buying online instead of at the dealer, though the sales rep encouraged me to use the dealship to help justify their existence. The dealership (Richmond) is almost 2 hours from my house, so it just wasn't practical to carve out another day to drive to Richmond to do what I could easily do online.

You folks are great! Thanks!
--H

Reactions: Runnergirl
I am sorry but no one is going to pay $8k now for FSD. It will most likely go down in price significantly by the end of the year, just watch. Like everything else, prices fluctuate so much with this company.
You are probably right, but Elon needs to figure out how to fix his cash flow. If he increases prices, then the secondary market (used cars) become more attractive. Consider this--when Tesla's tax credit goes away, (and with free supercharging no longer offered) older cars that already have FSD paid for or have supercharging for life (older S and X) become better buys. Tesla can't price themselves out of the market!

Reactions: pilotSteve
They want me to pay $7000 for FSD. That is never happening. And at $8000, pigs will fly before I buy.

My friend bought a silver M3 and he was able to get EAP for $2000. When you factor in the fed tax rebate and the lower cost of silver + delivery, he paid about the same as me. There makes no sense for him to get a massive AP /FSD discount over me.

I know AP was offered for 2k during the flash sale but I thought EAP was never offered below 5k. Some people who upgraded late and just bought AP ended up getting EAP features for free but it must have been on mistake. Similar to how a few AWD owners ended up getting the P3D- cars at delivery at no additional cost. Was a mistake on Teslas part but never intended to be given out like that.

Reactions: geometro
OK--sorry for the bad gouge. My sales rep tried to be helpful, but she clearly didn't have the latest info.

Either that, or she was low on FSD upgrades quota, and tried to close on you, hard.
:cool:

If he increases prices, then the secondary market (used cars) become more attractive. Consider this--when Tesla's tax credit goes away, (and with free supercharging no longer offered) older cars that already have FSD paid for or have supercharging for life (older S and X) become better buys.

Neah,
Older cars have old hardware that can't support all new FSD features.
That's not to say that used Tesla don't hold their value well, they do.
But if you are sold on the latest FSD possibilities, you have to get a new car with the latest hardware (HW3) to get them.

I wound up buying online instead of at the dealer, though the sales rep encouraged me to use the dealship to help justify their existence.

That is also how they get credit for the "sale"!
You will also be asked to complete the finance check-out on their computer, not yours...

Just wait till FSD is reality. By then it will have a price rollercoaster again.

And that is the hard truth.
I would pay something for FSD, if it worked.
Definitely not $5-8K, but something. But it has to be for something real that I can test drive, not just vaporware.

On my car, autopilot free trial screen, there is no option to purchase AP.
it only shows FSD purchase option.
Isn't that funny?

AP is now bundled into all new car sales, only FSD is an option.
Thus, that's all they are configured to upsell at this time.

a

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333