Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rear ended; advice on repair centres?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My beloved Model 3 got rear ended on the highway last night. Sadly, dashcam failed me and I didn't get footage of the accident but the case was pretty cut and dried since I was stopped with traffic in front of me and the van nailed me.

So aside from just venting, what I'm really after is any tips or advice about things I should know about getting my Tesla repaired. Should I hold out for a Tesla repair centre? I believe that the closest one to me would be in Oakville maybe -- I'm in Waterloo.

Getting a majorly damaged vehicle repaired is very new to me so it's all a bit overwhelming at the moment. Any and all advice would be gratefully accepted.

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everyone is ok.

If I read correctly, your car is a little over 2 years old. You might consider using Tesla just for warranty protection.
They will stand behind their repairs and might balk at someone elses.

There is a service centre at Hwy 407 and the 400 (Vaughan) and as you mentioned, Oakville.
Perhaps one of them can do your repairs more quickly. Vaughan is abt 110 km from Waterloo
and Oakville abt 90 km.

They don't do service at the Waterloo location ?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
My Model 3 was involved in an accident on July 24th 2022. I brought my vehicle to a certified Tesla body/collision shop. Many parts to order, still waiting for one large part to arrive and it's been over 3 months. Might want to consider buying a new Tesla during your wait. That's what I did and have a new Model Y that I took delivery last month.

I have an appointment with the Tesla Collision Centre in Oakville but the earliest one I could get was for 05 Dec. Tempted to look at one of the "Tesla Certified" shops. Does anyone have any experience with or feedback about either:
Fix Auto (Waterloo)
or
CSN Golden Triangle (Guelph)