Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rear facing seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla rear facing seats from my 13 model s. Only 15k on the car, seats are perfect. Will include all mounting hardware, but not the plastic that is in the back of the rear seat, that’s either built into the car already or something you an get cheap from tesla and add yourself. 1500 shipped with the extra reinforcement bar, 1400 without it.

When I bought my seat the seller was unable to get the second plate off. I ordered both plates(the one I had was the first generation plate, and I needed the second generation,) the plastic trim for the back of the seat, and the mounting bolts for the plates from Tesla. They shipped it all rather promptly except for the bolts (I never did get them, but they never charged me for any of it so I guess that is a win.) I ended up going to the hardware store and just buying the same size. Originally I didn’t want to use non-oem bolts to mount the plates, but after comparing what was shipped with my seat (I can only assume OEM since I didn’t remove them) what I got from the auto parts store was defiantly a battery bolt anyway. The OEM was soft which is why the previous owner was stripping them trying to remove them.

You will have to ask your SC if they will install, I never bothered to ask. I just want my nuts... The seat is the only restricted item, and I think they don't have anymore. I don't think they have much if any of the hardware either, I still have no ETA on delivery.
I see you are waiting for the nuts to mount the seat not the bolts for the plates? Ignore my suggestion then, I’d be surprised if you are able to find something in a hardware store that matches those.

I see you are waiting for the nuts to mount the seat not the bolts for the plates? Ignore my suggestion then, I’d be surprised if you are able to find something in a hardware store that matches those.

Yeah I need the special plate nut that slides in the rails to the hole where you put the bolt through. I have bolts with the right thread, however without the plate the nut would spin freely. Only other option would be to have a plate drilled and bolt welded to it, then pray I the bolt never breaks off the plate....

What is the difference between the 1'st and 2nd generation plate nuts? Would I be able to buy the extra set you have from you?

Hmm, I just thought of an idea... I could have a plate cut to the right size to fit in, and just the right size of the nut, then I would not have to worry about a weld breaking. However I think this will cost me dearly to have 2 made for me....

Yeah I need the special plate nut that slides in the rails to the hole where you put the bolt through. I have bolts with the right thread, however without the plate the nut would spin freely. Only other option would be to have a plate drilled and bolt welded to it, then pray I the bolt never breaks off the plate....

What is the difference between the 1'st and 2nd generation plate nuts? Would I be able to buy the extra set you have from you?

Hmm, I just thought of an idea... I could have a plate cut to the right size to fit in, and just the right size of the nut, then I would not have to worry about a weld breaking. However I think this will cost me dearly to have 2 made for me....

I was referring to the striker plates that mount on the side. They changed the shape of them a bit some time in 2014. The first generation one didn’t reach far enough to catch on the seat when it was in use.

It sounds like you are unfortunately stuck waiting on them...