Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla recommends cleaning and lubricating all brake calipers every 12 months or 20,000 km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The squeaky noise might be because the pads are worn down. The pads have a noise maker flat springy piece of metal on them that will touch the rotor if worn to near end of life.
Nope. squeaky after having it for a year. that car - (a C43 that i got new) three years of ownership and not a day i felt it was built right - the stalling (from engine start.stop), squeaks from brakes, squeaks from the inside, rattle, 12v plug not working, the Comand system dying on me. Probably spent just as much time in the dealership as in my garage.

I'd take panel gaps over that any day.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
An update on this--I contacted Cyril in Innerkip and booked an appointment earlier this month, and I'd say he lives up to the high expectations that I had from reading up on others' experiences. It was worth taking the day off to drive to his shop (from GTA).

He did an inspection and also serviced the brakes on my vehicle. Prices were reasonable but the best part is he gives you the detail on the specific issues, what the fix is, and what to watch out for in the future.

Also related, I took my 2018 Model 3 to Tesla for brake service and it came out to $266 after HST, which was higher than the quote for my S! I'll chalk it up to the additional costs associated with Covid (such as free uber credits) but didn't want to put it off any longer.

An update on this--I contacted Cyril in Innerkip and booked an appointment earlier this month, and I'd say he lives up to the high expectations that I had from reading up on others' experiences. It was worth taking the day off to drive to his shop (from GTA).

He did an inspection and also serviced the brakes on my vehicle. Prices were reasonable but the best part is he gives you the detail on the specific issues, what the fix is, and what to watch out for in the future.

Also related, I took my 2018 Model 3 to Tesla for brake service and it came out to $266 after HST, which was higher than the quote for my S! I'll chalk it up to the additional costs associated with Covid (such as free uber credits) but didn't want to put it off any longer.
How much does Cyril charge? What is his address?

How much does Cyril charge? What is his address?
When I took my Model 3 up to him to have the brake service done, he charged me $150. One caveat: he does not accept credit cards. Strictly cash or e-transfers.

His website is Wheeler Automotive – Specializing in Teslas. When I texted him (the number is on his website), he responded quickly and answered all of my questions.

I echo @TorqueIt . Driving up to Innerkip (in my case from Waterloo) was totally worth it.

Reactions: SilverGS
When I took my Model 3 up to him to have the brake service done, he charged me $150. One caveat: he does not accept credit cards. Strictly cash or e-transfers.

His website is Wheeler Automotive – Specializing in Teslas. When I texted him (the number is on his website), he responded quickly and answered all of my questions.

I echo @TorqueIt . Driving up to Innerkip (in my case from Waterloo) was totally worth it.
Thanks guys! I just checked the address on Google Maps Street view and its showing a house at 145 Blandford St., Innerkip. Is that correct?

I also contacted him FB Messenger and his charge is $175 for brake service on a Model S

Went to Wheeler Automotive today for my brake service. An hour drive from me but totally worth it! Very honest and straight forward guy.

He even lent me his M3 LR to go to a nearby (5 km away) trail as I had my wife with me and we had planned to go for a walk while he was working on my car.

Cyril clearly knows his job really well as he has modified his car to showcase his electrical expertise at installing all the required lights/siren for a police car. He hasn't been able to convince any police municipality to go electric yet, but he's optimistic it will happen in a year.

Did my model 3 2019 this week.
$175.
was quoted extra $61 saying heavy corrosion. I question it. Tesla revised the quote. around $175.
I did the filter as well. Filters $46 plus $26 labour.
I left mine too long. Three winters of salt, then decided to do my brake cleaning.
The process is easy enough, but since I waited so long, the pins that slide through the front brake pads, we’re totally seized. So in my attempts to hammer them out, one started to bend.
Stopped the whole process, and just scheduled a service apt.
They charged for heavy corrosion as well. Totally believable. Must have taken them a while to get them un-seized.
I’ll be doing them yearly from here on out. ..

Last edited:
In response to my message to the local Service Center that it had been more than three years since my car was originally purchased (not by me), and I had no service history, I requested brake system be flush, brakes be inspected and replaced if indicated, and brake calipers and guide-pins be cleaned and lubricated.

Their proposal on that matter is below.

Do I need a car other than a Tesla, or just a new Service Center?!

Tesla Brake System Service Proposal.png

Checking the brake fluid isn't a bad thing. If it's bad i suppose they'll change it. They are just missing the brake lubrication. They are probably sure they're not used 😁
Seems like a good thing that they would only change it and charge you if it was required. I had a 3rd part auto tech that specialize in Teslas do my brakes recently and he had two methods to testing the fluid and did them both.

I’m due for brake servicing again and contacted Tesla about it.

Looks like they jacked their prices way up. It’s now $266.95 after tax. I wanted to head down to Cyril to get this done but I just don’t have the time right now to make the 1.5hr trip each way for this. I had a couple other things for Tesla to look at as well and figured I’d just pay for it there again but was shocked when I saw the estimate come through.

6F3C40C6-20E0-4866-B424-A15CE2F8FCCF.jpeg

Seems like they are tacking on an extra charge for corrosion even though they haven’t seen the car yet….

I also don’t understand why there is a line item for removing the wheels. I’m not asking them to swap my winters on for me.
Servicing the brakes requires the rims come off. That’s why getting it done when you swap tires is a good idea.

Servicing the brakes requires the rims come off. That’s why getting it done when you swap tires is a good idea.
Lol I haven’t seen anyone charge you to take off the rims so that they can service the brakes that you’re there to pay them for. At least not supply a specific line item for that.

And if I’m not mistaken they will charge me more to swap on my winter wheels if that’s what I indeed wanted to do.

Lol I haven’t seen anyone charge you to take off the rims so that they can service the brakes that you’re there to pay them for. At least not supply a specific line item for that.

And if I’m not mistaken they will charge me more to swap on my winter wheels if that’s what I indeed wanted to do.
I have yet to see a shop that doesn’t charge to take the rims off for brake servicing. That’s why in general they recommend doing it when switching winters/summers *shrug*

I have yet to see a shop that doesn’t charge to take the rims off for brake servicing. That’s why in general they recommend doing it when switching winters/summers *shrug*
I just checked with a friend who had the brake servicing done several months ago. He doesn’t have that line item on his invoice. I don’t recall having it on my first invoice for this work either otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised by it now. I can’t seem to find that invoice to compare it to right now so I’m not going to speak to 100% confidence in that.

I’m going to ask if they’ll swap on my winter tires for me in that cost. I know the answer is likely going to be no but I have nothing to lose by asking.

Any recommendations for this service up in Vaughan? Curious, as I've never done this before on any car I've owned for the last 20 years, what is different about the Tesla's that require this service to be done?

Somewhat off topic, but are folks bedding their brakes when they get their cars new and/or do their pads?