Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Recruiting for Video Game Platform

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

A job descriptions posted on Tesla’s website suggests the company aims to build a team focused on video games.

The company is filling its Austin team with a Video Game and Infotainment engineer. The job description describes the role as an “incredibly rare opportunity to help build a video games platform.”

“You will be expected to contribute to many different areas to make projects happen, that may range from kernel level code changes, to in game behavior, to helping developers work with our platform,” the description says. “You will be responsible for the look and feel of the play experience, architecture, and whatever else is needed to create fun.”

The post says Tesla the project is “uncharted territory” and they aim to “set the bar for what video games in a car can be.”

Tesla’s infotainment is an industry leader, already offering video games and streaming video. The focus on entertainment makes sense, as Tesla owners have a bit of downtown during charger visits, and eventually when the company and regulators bring full self-driving to roadways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we could figure out how to call Apple Car Play and Android Auto "games" - I realize not everyone is a fan of those but there are plenty who put real $ value on them, for sure worth more to many than games. Call me a curmudgeon but I'd rather Car Play which I would use (daily-ish given Covid) to more games which I will use oh let's see, like never.

First get the existing entertainment system to work well.
- new playback speeds options causing audio to skip backwards (repeating a couple of seconds) at random times
- need to be able to organize and sort favorites
- touch screen controls poorly laid out (small finger move on bumpy road causes wrong function to happen)
- font size needs to be adjustable

Add to that to get a 3rd window on the screen the size of the speed/AP gauge. I.e. see Music - satnav - Speed/AP.