TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Red Model 3 Prototype - July-2016

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dgindio, Aug 1, 2016.

1. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

Will order Tesla painted Red with Turbine Wheels. The Prototype Model 3 in the photo is a vehicle showing only the exterior and no interior components. This is a revised post with photos of the vehicle and another photo dated July 2016 of the proposed interior.

Attached Files:

2. 03DSG

03DSG Member

You are aware that the red car in your picture is a mockup?

3. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

Yes

4. angelarm1110

angelarm1110 Member

What's your point??

5. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

Many photos of the Tesla Model 3 have not displayed the red paint so even the mock up was a welcome addition in color selection.

6. dsvick

dsvick Member

Except that we don't know for sure that that color of red will be a final color choice. :)

7. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

The photo of the Tesla Model 3 was taken at the gigafactory and mention was made using the word prototype. With that in mind, I concluded that the red paint might well be used on Model 3 vehicles to be subsequently manufactured.

8. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

I sure hope not. IMO that red is not nearly as nice as the multi-coat red on S and X.

9. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I saw it in person and it was definitely a ruddy orange-red. Personally, I like it. It's unique, and Tesla isn't known for their unique or daring color choices since the awesome Roadster colors. I plan to branch out on color with my 3 when I order it. Note - I have a pearl white S and X, so "branching out" will be very, very easy. :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@ohmman, I knew there was a hidden "wild side" to you. ;)

My wife and I also liked the color of that Model 3 mockup car shown at the Gigafactory event. I even wish it was a stronger orange...

• Funny x 1
  11. KeRaSh

KeRaSh Member

The currently available Multi-Coat Red is boring compared to the color of the red Model 3 prototype!
    I really hope we get that option. It would be a no brainer for me.

12. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

What is the source of that interior photo? It has a July date associated with it (implying it's new), but does it show anything different from the original interior shown on the 3/31 reveal?

13. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

The date of the interior photo coincided with the photo of the exterior shell Tesla Model 3 and it was the latest revelation of what the interior was envisioned to be. Photos were shot when the gigafactory was opened. Have many sources for Tesla info such as Motor Trend, Evannex and USA Today articles. I should set forth a link showing the source of the information in the thread.

14. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

That's not correct. That interior photo has nothing to do with the red prototype. That interior is from the matte black car that was shown at the reveal. That photo is from here: New Tesla Model 3 prototype pictures with rare shot of the interior [Gallery] and was speculated to have been taken some time before the reveal or around that time anyway. Definitely nothing new in that picture.

15. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

Thank you Zaphod for straightening me out. Thread submission did not stand up to analytical inquisitiveness. Each bit of new information relating to the Model 3 is dissected in order to understand whether it will translate in to the final design of the vehicle. I often save photos on my phone and eventually send them to my computer and in the process forgetting their source and relative date.