Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Red Model 3 Prototype - July-2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will order Tesla painted Red with Turbine Wheels. The Prototype Model 3 in the photo is a vehicle showing only the exterior and no interior components. This is a revised post with photos of the vehicle and another photo dated July 2016 of the proposed interior.

Attachments

• TESLA MODEL 3 RED PROTOTYPE JULY 2016.jpg
    TESLA MODEL 3 RED PROTOTYPE JULY 2016.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 200
  • TESLA MODEL 3 INTERIOR JULY 2016.jpg
    TESLA MODEL 3 INTERIOR JULY 2016.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 190
I sure hope not. IMO that red is not nearly as nice as the multi-coat red on S and X.
I saw it in person and it was definitely a ruddy orange-red. Personally, I like it. It's unique, and Tesla isn't known for their unique or daring color choices since the awesome Roadster colors. I plan to branch out on color with my 3 when I order it. Note - I have a pearl white S and X, so "branching out" will be very, very easy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: melindav
Will order Tesla painted Red with Turbine Wheels. The Prototype Model 3 in the photo is a vehicle showing only the exterior and no interior components. This is a revised post with photos of the vehicle and another photo dated July 2016 of the proposed interior.
What is the source of that interior photo? It has a July date associated with it (implying it's new), but does it show anything different from the original interior shown on the 3/31 reveal?

The date of the interior photo coincided with the photo of the exterior shell Tesla Model 3 and it was the latest revelation of what the interior was envisioned to be. Photos were shot when the gigafactory was opened. Have many sources for Tesla info such as Motor Trend, Evannex and USA Today articles. I should set forth a link showing the source of the information in the thread.

The date of the interior photo coincided with the photo of the exterior shell Tesla Model 3 and it was the latest revelation of what the interior was envisioned to be. Photos were shot when the gigafactory was opened. Have many sources for Tesla info such as Motor Trend, Evannex and USA Today articles. I should set forth a link showing the source of the information in the thread.
That's not correct. That interior photo has nothing to do with the red prototype. That interior is from the matte black car that was shown at the reveal. That photo is from here: New Tesla Model 3 prototype pictures with rare shot of the interior [Gallery] and was speculated to have been taken some time before the reveal or around that time anyway. Definitely nothing new in that picture.

Thank you Zaphod for straightening me out. Thread submission did not stand up to analytical inquisitiveness. Each bit of new information relating to the Model 3 is dissected in order to understand whether it will translate in to the final design of the vehicle. I often save photos on my phone and eventually send them to my computer and in the process forgetting their source and relative date.