Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reduced price by $2k for M3, $5k for S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered M3P few weeks ago and have not got the vin yet so I wonder if I qualify for price adjustment or something. As it stands right now it seems to be much better idea to cancel and loose $100 bucks and order again. You will still come out with $1900 savings. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Reactions: cucubits
So I ordered M3P few weeks ago and have not got the vin yet so I wonder if I qualify for price adjustment or something. As it stands right now it seems to be much better idea to cancel and loose $100 bucks and order again. You will still come out with $1900 savings. Does anyone have any ideas here?
Wonder if you might even end up with the same car. But the word above was that if you cancel you have to wait a year before ordering the same specs.

So our local Tesla guy said that if you are still waiting for yours, you can go into your account and click edit design. Then save it without changing anything which will give you the new price. If you dont have the edit option you need to reach out to Tesla sales and they will help you.

This is amazing news!

Funny enough I test drove the Model Y LR and the Model 3 SR+ yesterday in Warwick, RI, and was hesitantly going to pick the Model 3 because of the price and it qualifying for Massachusetts' $2500 rebate program [Model 3 LR didn't qualify because the purchase price would be over $50k]. The reduction that happened today brings the LR Model 3 down to qualify for the rebate!

I'm super excited, I'll be ordering soon!

So Model Y is avail for test drives?? Time to call my store!

So our local Tesla guy said that if you are still waiting for yours, you can go into your account and click edit design. Then save it without changing anything which will give you the new price. If you dont have the edit option you need to reach out to Tesla sales and they will help you.
This is the right answer. Edit if possible and you will get the price change. If not just call your SA before receiving it and it will get adjusted, dont worry.

Nah, the SR is still available, but not through the website.

However the price difference between the SR and SR+ is now a fraction under $3K, and $3K is the price to add AP to the SR, so the justification for the SR is even less.

I agree no justification if you're going to upgrade a la carte. The only hope is they'll reduce AP costs to $2k (mentioned in other posts)

Yes, and all used car pricing is taking a complete dump, so this should not be surprising to anyone attempting to sell a used car. its going to be really bad selling any type of used car for the next while, what with one of the largest rental car companies in the world now having to dump used cars on an already depressed market.

Exactly. I'm certainly not going to be crying in my beer over a price reduction of $2k. When you consider the total cost of the car, that's a somewhat inconsequential amount. With all the virus hysteria and resultant artificial tanking of the economy, I wouldn't look for used car prices to recover any time soon. Would I have waited a couple of months to save $2k on a new one? No way. I love this thing.

Best,

Reactions: jjrandorin
Exactly. I'm certainly not going to be crying in my beer over a price reduction of $2k. When you consider the total cost of the car, that's a somewhat inconsequential amount. With all the virus hysteria and resultant artificial tanking of the economy, I wouldn't look for used car prices to recover any time soon. Would I have waited a couple of months to save $2k on a new one? No way. I love this thing.

Best,
Nice to see some people can throw around 2000 bucks like that. I look after the pennies; probably that is why I do not need to look after the dollars. If they reduced the X they can certainly reduce the Y. Y did they not; pre-orders? Glad to hear you are loving it.

Nice to see some people can throw around 2000 bucks like that. I look after the pennies; probably that is why I do not need to look after the dollars. If they reduced the X they can certainly reduce the Y. Y did they not; pre-orders? Glad to hear you are loving it.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. Another way...if someone is buying a $50-70k automobile and feels like they need to sweat a variance one way or the other of low single digit thousands, I'd wonder if the purchaser might be more comfortable buying a car that fit more comfortably in their budget.

Best,

No, you have to wait a year or get a different model if you return it within the 7 days after delivery. Cancelling now, before he even has a vin, would be ok.

Alternative, if within the 7 day window, is to simply request a price adjustment.

At least one person was within the 7 day window and received the price adjustment.
....but THEY HAD TO ASK. It wasn't automatic.