Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Code Please [the one and only UK thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not mind the blue performance, are all the ones that are being shipped in now just for orders? i assumed there would be a large chunk that would go to stock for stores. I plan to get in time for April 6th and the tax incentives.
Side question: after buying the Tesla from the existing inventory, do you know how long it takes to take ownership of the vehicle? I know i would have to sort financing through a leasing company (i assume of my choice), is that the only thing that delays it?
The only cars in the UK that end up in inventory are those that are left over after cars are matched to existing orders. No Model 3s are made to order, it’s just a case of waiting until the spec/colour you want is available.

So definitely best to get your order in ASAP. You may be lucky and get matched straight away to one of the thousands of cars coming in over the next few weeks. Equally you may be unlucky and have to wait until about June!

The only cars in the UK that end up in inventory are those that are left over after cars are matched to existing orders. No Model 3s are made to order, it’s just a case of waiting until the spec/colour you want is available.

So definitely best to get your order in ASAP. You may be lucky and get matched straight away to one of the thousands of cars coming in over the next few weeks. Equally you may be unlucky and have to wait until about June!
oh right thank you for clearing that up, makes perfect sense! I would think that black/grey performances would be ample in stock, but well have to wait and see i guess

Reactions: Roy W.
so using in the UK it seems i only get the miles, not the cash bonus, however that is fantastic regardless!

yeah, as far as I know there is no cash bonus from referral code; maybe in the past there was or maybe UK has different referral program but I don't think so.

it is marketed as 1000 miles of charge, but it is really 400 kWh of charge (depending on how you drive that could be 1000 miles, I guess)
in California this equates to about $100 USD worth of charging

I will try and post this in a way that hopefully won’t breach forum rules. It may seem hard to believe but I for one did not know about Tesla referral code when I ordered my car! I thought this thread could add subjects of referral codes that might be available and of interest to potential owners or existing owners as relevant to driving a Tesla. To get started:
1. Tesla referral
2. Switch to renewable energy supplier
3. Emovis tag for easy passage through toll roads
Next?

There's also teslafi, for which you get an extended trial (a month?) and the referrer gets a fiver off next year's sub. Teslafi is a data logging and scheduling service. Many of us use it to trigger eg charging at specific times for our weekly routines, or to precondition the car. Or to collect pretty maps of everywhere our cars have been. The website (it's web not app) is a bit clunky but it works very well. If you want a code for that feel free to give me a yell. I've never been quick enough to respond with a code to a request in a thread for one!

I think it's worth adding that even if you intend to lease your Tesla you can still order on the web via the referral link. You have to pay the £100 order fee (this is refunded to you by Tesla after delivery) but you then have the RN (reservation number) on your Tesla account. You can then shop around at your leisure and find a good leasing deal from a broker (do shop around, there is no rush, because there are huge variations). Once you have found the best deal, you give the RN to the broker and leave it to them to deal with Tesla to take over the reservation. You will have much better visibility of your order through the account, enjoy the hunt for the hidden VIN and perhaps most crucially, know that the car has actually been ordered! (read the threads on here!)

Alternatively, you can just go to a broker and give them the referral code and leave it to them..

Had I known this in January, I'd have jumped at the chance to know more about my order. Now I'm 'selected' for Home Delivery and know even less! Thanks for the information, Mr M!