TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Referral Prize Substitution?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Brandon332, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Does anyone know if you can substitute a referral prize for a reduction in car price? I read a post a while ago where someone gave up their Powerwall prize from the referral program, and instead got ~$3000 off a Model S. Anyone heard anything or done this themselves?

2. Itsajyaknow

Itsajyaknow Member

Everything I read says no substitutions. I'd love to give up my coin for pre ordering solar roof panels! I'd even take $5 and a pizza. Or even just the pizza.

• Funny x 3
  3. t3sla613

t3sla613 Member

I'll give you $10 and the pizza and you have a deal

4. Itsajyaknow

Itsajyaknow Member

dang.. now you got me thinking. I am installing solar panels next month already. And I know the tesla roof tiles are still a ways away. I'm assuming only solar city will be able to install them too...

5. t3sla613

t3sla613 Member

I spoke with them on Thursday and they told me they have no estimate and they hope to get going along by the end of 2018 - not sure what that means.

But seriously I'd be interested in that offer for the referral prize....

6. Itsajyaknow

Itsajyaknow Member

Ok, I have my uncle looking into the tiles for his house. If he doesn't want it. I was planning on posting it in this thing. I'll keep you in mind.

7. t3sla613

t3sla613 Member

Awesome.

Thanks!

• Like x 1