Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still owed Event invites, they short changed me on PowerWalls. Forced me to take credits or nothing, and credits were about half the value of the Powerwalls :-(
… and at this point the Next Gen Roadster is vaporware. I doubt we’ll ever see it, and if they do make it, I could see all the “free” NGR winners getting shafted in some way.

Reactions: electricar
And I was so excited about the SpaceX blastoff option. At this point the MuskMan's Crazy Train is so far off the rails that Tesla, its shareholders, and customers are suffering . If the Board wasn't MIA maybe we could get a CEO who made Tesla the priority and didn't raid Tesla ( a public company ) of its employees for his vanity project.

Reactions: HeyEph
And I was so excited about the SpaceX blastoff option. At this point the MuskMan's Crazy Train is so far off the rails that Tesla, its shareholders, and customers are suffering . If the Board wasn't MIA maybe we could get a CEO who made Tesla the priority and didn't raid Tesla ( a public company ) of its employees for his vanity project.
Not only that but as he continues to hemorrhage cash he keeps selling $Bs of TSLA stock further depressing the stock price at the expense of all the shareholders. If there were a normal BoD, they would have booted him ages ago. Apple booted Steve Jobs for nothing compared to how EM is quickly destroying all shareholder value in this company.

Still owed Event invites, they short changed me on PowerWalls. Forced me to take credits or nothing, and credits were about half the value of the Powerwalls :-(
You think you're owed? :)

1671401760674.png

Sounds painful! My 2012 Model S died due to bad electronics for the 12V battery on Dec. 2nd. I just noticed today Dec. 19th, that it is finally in service mode... It is out of warranty of course but Tesla replaced the 12V battery in May of this year. After it was replaced, we had the first ever issue with the 12V battery. In fact it was in the shop several times before it seemed to be fixed. Tesla said it needed to be replaced because the car would not accept any new firmware updates due to the old battery. I still contend that the current problem is due to the issues related to the May service.
Last week I drove from Silicon Valley to San Diego for a planned vacation. Since I couldn't take the Tesla, it cost me more than $250 in gas for the trip instead of free supercharging.
Originally we waited almost 2 years for our Model S to be manufactured and delivered! For folks with a free 2nd gen roadster, waiting is just part of the Tesla deal. Lucky you anyway!

Has anyone has experience with, or knows about the Priority software update perk for referrals? when it was active I qualified for it with 5 referrals on my old AP1 Model S. I really didn’t get the most out of it since, at that time, active develop shifted to AP2, so most of my priority updates were bug fixes. Now that I have an HW4 Model S, does anyone know if I can reach out and have that perk added to this vehicle as they did it themselves?

Has anyone has experience with, or knows about the Priority software update perk for referrals? when it was active I qualified for it with 5 referrals on my old AP1 Model S. I really didn’t get the most out of it since, at that time, active develop shifted to AP2, so most of my priority updates were bug fixes. Now that I have an HW4 Model S, does anyone know if I can reach out and have that perk added to this vehicle as they did it themselves?
This was when Tesla only had a small number of cars on the road. Now you are just dumped in the humongous queue vat without any passion and end up getting the update whenever your spot randomly rolls around. You can set your Software switch to Advanced and this may put you in the top 50% or so or it may just be placebo. Even Service can't do anything unless you are scheduled for an update.

The only people (that I can think of) who receive special update treatment is a small group of FSD Beta Influencers/Youtubers. Other that that we are all the same.

FSD beta people are on a different release branch that gives them newer FSD features, but they have older other features.
So sometimes just being "one of the regular folks" gets you nice stuff before the beta testers get it.

Should Tesla do something about this? If not, consider this the Referral Wall of Shame.

I typed in "Tesla" into Google on my phone, and the first result ("Sponsored") was this:

1684257697995.png

If you click on it, it goes here:

1684257707524.png

Which is a link with this referral code: paul48042

And looking at the Google ad reveals the culprit:

1684257714092.png

Now let me state that while I think buying Google Adwords to juice your referral awards might be within the letter of the rules, it surely isn't within the spirit of the rules, but that's just IMHO.

But to fraudulently and intentionally pretend to be "Tesla" and an official "Tesla Referral" and hide the fact that it's an individual (Paul Albert Ahlstrom) not at all associated with Tesla, is where I draw the line, and I would hope that Tesla would do something about this.

Now let me state that while I think buying Google Adwords to juice your referral awards might be within the letter of the rules, it surely isn't within the spirit of the rules, but that's just IMHO.
It is not within the letters of the rules:

We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. The intent of this program is to reward loyal Tesla owners for sharing their passion for Tesla products with their friends and family. Referral links should be shared from one person to another, not broadcast en masse on public platforms. To be clear, commercializing, advertising, mass-distributing, selling or paying or offering incentives for use of referral links is not appropriate, and we will not honor referral links associated with behavior that violates these Terms and Conditions.

I think in the past Tesla has voided referrals for people that buy ads. I don't know if they look for the rule breakers, or if they just deal with ones that are reported to them.

I'm guessing Mod's are deleting posts in this thread. I see quite a few missing posts that were there last week from various people. But I don't see any notifications, moved / merged to thread X, warnings, missing post numbers, or other mentions.

This used to be the only tread you could really discuss referrals but I guess that's changed since the program was last shut down, even though it's back now.

Should Tesla do something about this? If not, consider this the Referral Wall of Shame.

I typed in "Tesla" into Google on my phone, and the first result ("Sponsored") was this:

View attachment 938275

If you click on it, it goes here:

View attachment 938276

Which is a link with this referral code: paul48042

And looking at the Google ad reveals the culprit:

View attachment 938277

But to fraudulently and intentionally pretend to be "Tesla" and an official "Tesla Referral" and hide the fact that it's an individual (Paul Albert Ahlstrom) not at all associated with Tesla, is where I draw the line, and I would hope that Tesla would do something about this.
Tweet it at Elon. Or a big tesla account like sawyer and ask him to RT

Status
Not open for further replies.