Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough is enough...

Just looking back on this thread, in the last 2 weeks, since you joined TMC, you have posted/spammed this thread at least 9 or 10 times (I ran out of fingers to count on) with your referral code. To me, that is a bit rude.

His strategy obviously works better than mine because he has more referrals (I have none), but I do find the constant "use my referral code!" posts a bit annoying too. I guess as far as Tesla is concerned, whatever sells cars.

I have my referral code on my blog, but then I haven't had much time to update it lately either.

At this point I've accepted that most of us are getting 0 referrals. How some people get any referrals baffles me. I can understand those with channels on YouTube, popular websites, or a lot of rich friends in the real world. But there are some people who seem to get referrals who fall into none of those categories.

Wdolson
Those who have very good websites, Tesla blogs, YT channels have is "easy". But it is work.

I enjoy going to car shows (like Cars & Coffee), cruiser nights, EV car shows and the like to talk about Tesla's, and the benefits and how great the car is. During the summer I had printed some business size cards with a Model S on one side, and a Model X on the other. I also have the link to my site (see link below) as well as my referral code. I hand the cards out to anyone who is interested.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Wdolson
Those who have very good websites, Tesla blogs, YT channels have is "easy". But it is work.

I enjoy going to car shows (like Cars & Coffee), cruiser nights, EV car shows and the like to talk about Tesla's, and the benefits and how great the car is. During the summer I had printed some business size cards with a Model S on one side, and a Model X on the other. I also have the link to my site (see link below) as well as my referral code. I hand the cards out to anyone who is interested.

I was blogging consistently there for a while, but life got crazy. In October and November I worked more than I have in 20 years.

His strategy obviously works better than mine because he has more referrals (I have none), but I do find the constant "use my referral code!" posts a bit annoying too. I guess as far as Tesla is concerned, whatever sells cars.

I have my referral code on my blog, but then I haven't had much time to update it lately either.

At this point I've accepted that most of us are getting 0 referrals. How some people get any referrals baffles me. I can understand those with channels on YouTube, popular websites, or a lot of rich friends in the real world. But there are some people who seem to get referrals who fall into none of those categories.

I saw a google ad with someone's code. I have 2 referrals this quarter that are both people I know. I haven't had luck with any forums this time around. I just want the powerwall, but my only hope is posting this:
Take $1000 off a #Tesla Model S or Model X using the following referral link or program code
Referral | Tesla

Had to

I saw a banner ad pop up in a YouTube video, and the URL link in the ad displayed Tesla.com but it really went to someone referral link. I think that's a violation of Google's AdSense rules. The ad really looked like it was from Tesla saying "save $1000". It was pretty bad. Every time someone clicks on these ads, the person placing the ad has to pay Google a buck or two.

Yep, I got a FedEx e-mail today as well. 8.5 pounds heading my way (so probably a jacket and a bag, then). Still no word on the rims. Doesn't matter much to me right now, though - I'll be running on winter tyres until April next year, so that's the earliest I'll be able to switch to my Arachnids anyway. Unless I get two sets (which I have technically already won, but I'm worried about cancellations by customers in the referral program that maxed out at 5 referrals), in which case I might consider putting winter tyres on on of the sets.

Yep, I got a FedEx e-mail today as well. 8.5 pounds heading my way (so probably a jacket and a bag, then). Still no word on the rims. Doesn't matter much to me right now, though - I'll be running on winter tyres until April next year, so that's the earliest I'll be able to switch to my Arachnids anyway. Unless I get two sets (which I have technically already won, but I'm worried about cancellations by customers in the referral program that maxed out at 5 referrals), in which case I might consider putting winter tyres on on of the sets.

Was this for The July program. I didn't get an email from anyone yet :(

I didn't see an email but my weekender bag showed up on my doorstep last night. Very nice surprise

So, I also received the bag. But this seems to be from the last program, in which I got to weekender bag-level.
I had gotten to three in the previous one, so was expecting a bag and a jacket. Has not selected the Moab bag back then, so no way to tell the bags apart here...

This is far from scientific confirmation or peer-reviewerd research, but am making the assumption that this was the latest program's reward.

So, I also received the bag. But this seems to be from the last program, in which I got to weekender bag-level.
I had gotten to three in the previous one, so was expecting a bag and a jacket. Has not selected the Moab bag back then, so no way to tell the bags apart here...

This is far from scientific confirmation or peer-reviewerd research, but am making the assumption that this was the latest program's reward.
Well I never got an email from the last program to select the bag color so I'll say this is from 2 programs ago since I selected this color, still haven't seen the jacket

So, what I received is the leather Tesla bag. It looks like the picture from when I had to select between it and the Moab. So that would be from n-2, but am also expecting a jacket (the one with your name on it) from that program.
Was the fall program not the same bag? So duffle? We shall see then!

Status
Not open for further replies.