Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok on October 16 I received an email stating my wheels were being made. At that time I had two cancelations from the May-July 15 program, but also had 4 more places in the July 15 to Oct 15 program. Plenty to cover the wheels if it was indeed an extended program. Judging from the email and trinkets, it looks like I may still be good? I don't know. :(
There was some initial confusion because they used the word "extended" but then the referral counts were reset and it was actually a new referral program between July 15 and October 15. A friend had 5 referrals for the program ending July 15 but one cancelled. He got the survey for the jacket and bag but was not asked to choose wheels due to the cancellation. Since you had cancelled referrals, I don't think you would receive them either.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
There was some initial confusion because they used the word "extended" but then the referral counts were reset and it was actually a new referral program between July 15 and October 15. A friend had 5 referrals for the program ending July 15 but one cancelled. He got the survey for the jacket and bag but was not asked to choose wheels due to the cancellation. Since you had cancelled referrals, I don't think you would receive them either.

I was able to choose the wheels and all, and received the bag and jacket from that program already. My referrals didn't reset, they continued to climb through the 2nd cycle, then reset later into the extended program. I suppose time will tell but it's really the only reason why I'm still hanging onto the vehicle in the first place.

I was able to choose the wheels and all, and received the bag and jacket from that program already. My referrals didn't reset, they continued to climb through the 2nd cycle, then reset later into the extended program. I suppose time will tell but it's really the only reason why I'm still hanging onto the vehicle in the first place.
We were at the Gigafactory on the 29th talking to others and many had already had theirs reset but my friend still had 5. I think he found out a day or two later that his were reset to 0 as well.

We were at the Gigafactory on the 29th talking to others and many had already had theirs reset but my friend still had 5. I think he found out a day or two later that his were reset to 0 as well.

I'm trying to remember when they reset, but I can't. I'm suppose to be getting a call from Tesla since my Signature is part of the airbag recall. I will be bug that person with questions.

Sorry to ask the age old question. Are we getting taxed on the retail value of the wheels if you get them ???
Meaning taxed on $7000????

Or are we getting a much lower value as these are not sold commercially anyways?????

In the same token the powerwall, toy car, jacket and bags will also be taxed.

If the winners of the wheels have to pay around $3500 in taxes , many of them will not take delivery of them(including me). This may be a consolation for those who lost the wheels to cancellations unknown to them.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: LuckyX
Sorry to ask the age old question. Are we getting taxed on the retail value of the wheels if you get them ???
Meaning taxed on $7000????

Or are we getting a much lower value as these are not sold commercially anyways?????

In the same token the powerwall, toy car, jacket and bags will also be taxed.

If the winners of the wheels have to pay around $3500 in taxes , many of them will not take delivery of them(including me). This may be a consolation for those who lost the wheels to cancellations unknown to them.

I definitely believe there will be some tax implications but the amount remains to be seen... need to see the value base it is assessed on. I had some back and forth with Hank on this as well. Really the way Tesla is unorganized and all over the place all possibilities should be mentioned...including they issue nothing and we pay no taxes...

I heard some chatter a few pages ago indicating some may have received their wheels via the referral program. Can anyone else validate this? Also saw Hank mention end of January as possible delivery date? I also share in disappointment as a number of my friends and other referrals cancelled their orders...indeed very frustrating but we should just manage our expectations it's a new company and they will have many kinks to work out. Glad they made this view so I can see who cancelled who took delivery...

Attachments

• Referrals.PNG
    Referrals.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 51
I heard some chatter a few pages ago indicating some may have received their wheels via the referral program. Can anyone else validate this? Also saw Hank mention end of January as possible delivery date? I also share in disappointment as a number of my friends and other referrals cancelled their orders...indeed very frustrating but we should just manage our expectations it's a new company and they will have many kinks to work out. Glad they made this view so I can see who cancelled who took delivery...

I got a phone call from Tesla in December that the wheels will be delivered by "end of January".

Whenever I get a call and the Caller-ID is "Freemont, CA" I pretty much know it's someone from Tesla calling me.

Would someone please post a link to the just ended rewards redemption levels? I was all set for my powerall until I looked at my cancellations and I don't honestly recall the next tier down. Weird, I did some scrolling and scrolling and found the announcement of the US program.

No Powerwall premium on there anyway?! I wonder if I got notified about the Canadian program by mistake? I came in late to the game since my delivery commitment wasn't until mid-November, but I could have sworn the Powerwall was listed.

Oh well, onward and upward, but I've abused all my friends and network already, so little prospect of hitting that tier again during the next cycle.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Would someone please post a link to the just ended rewards redemption levels?

The link is gone, but I cut and pasted it before it went:

Referral Program

The current Tesla Referral Program begins October 16 and will run until January 15, 2017. Anyone who orders a new Model S or Model X during this period using the referral link of a Tesla owner will get a 1 200 $ credit towards the purchase price.

To show our appreciation, referring owners will be eligible for our Referral Program awards:

10 Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 10 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to attend our next Tesla unveiling event.

7+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 7 or more qualifying referrals will receive an exclusive red Founders Series Powerwall 2, hand signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz von Holzhausen. This limited edition Powerwall is not available to the public.

5+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to take an extended VIP tour of the Tesla Factory in Fremont, California, including a Q&A with Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla’s Chief Designer.

3+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 3 or more referrals will receive an exclusive thermal Tesla Owners Jacket.

2+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 2 or more qualifying referrals will receive a Tesla carry-on.

Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X
Each qualified referral you make gives you an additional entry into a drawing to win your choice of either a Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X.

We know that without our customers we would not be where we are today. This is our way of thanking you for your support in building the Tesla community.

Awards
Owners who won awards in the program that ended October 15, 2016 will receive email instructions after the Model X drawing on or around October 31.

Credits to owners from previous programs will expire on December 31, 2016.

Limits
Related order must be placed between October 16, 2016 and January 15, 2017 and delivered for a referral code to qualify. Pre-owned vehicles are not eligible. Limit of 10 referrals per owner.

Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for awards. No entry fee, payment or purchase required for the drawing. A random drawing will be held on or around January 31, 2017 to determine the winner. The winner will be contacted thereafter. Awards are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. The winner is responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees. Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Tesla Powerwall installation costs are covered up to 1 200 $ .

Good Faith
We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

Reactions: George Jetson
its nearly impossible to get the 10 referral award... not that i wanted it, but its pretty close to impossible.

Did anyone get 10 referrals with no cancellations. I bet not many. EM could host those folks for dinner at his house I bet without getting any folding chairs from the basement. Unobtanium plated dinnerware.

Hi,

I am new here and just bought a Tesla Model S 90d! Excited to get my car, I have been told it will likely be delivered early April but crossing my fingers it's before then (I ordered December 29th).

Welcome. Now comes the longest couple of months of your life as you wait for your car to be delivered.

When I ordered I subscribed to the Model S delivery thread here on the forum. Those of us in car wait limbo could commiserate with one another. It made it a little easier. :)

The wait is worth it though. It is simply the best car ever built.

Seriously I just need 1 more referral for a Powerwall, I would be super appreciative for one more person to use my referral link. Thanks in advance!
McMuggets, I'm from Calgary, how's the Tesla drive in the snow? Oil guys must hating you for getting a Tesla and gas guys will hate you for the Powerwall. Good luck on that. And if you hit your max referrals feel free to pass mine along, I could use any referrals at this point

Referral | Tesla

Reactions: McMuggets
Status
Not open for further replies.