Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a response from the Tesla Referral email address today that said Powerwall 2 should be ready for install this Summer and that they will be covering up to $1,000 in installation costs. This was in reference to my round 6 winning.

Awesome, thanks so much for letting me know! Would you mind forwarding me that email? Would like to give my buyer some sort of proof :)
I could PM you my email address!

Arrrrggghhh... I need new tires so I hope they start catching up soon. I stopped putting any effort into the referral link so I get one or 2 a program now. This is all because they really dropped the ball on the response time and delivery time
Was holding out for my tires too, had 65,000 on my 19's, and would have been perfect, but gave up and got new tires a week ago.

I received the bag today, still waiting on the jacket which is on its way. It is different from the bag I received from the July 2016 program. That bag was matte this one gloss and this one also came with a storage bag. Both came with a shoulder strap.

Program ending July 2016 bag on the left, program ending November 2016 bag on the right.

Thanks Erik

FB_IMG_1492888707909.jpg

Did anyone here exchanged its gift for Tesla store credits?
I will get a Tesla carry-on and im really not interested on that bag. I would rather use the money to buy a T-shirt or a CHAdeMO adaptor.

I really doubt you'll get anywhere with this.

Tesla stopped issuing service credits in 2015 due to bird-dogging laws in Ohio and Virginia (and possibly California). All remaining service credits for the first referral round expired at the end of 2016. Since these prizes don't even have a retail value, I'm not sure what they would even give you. You're much better off just selling the items for cash then bother an already resource constrained referral team with a request like this which they will likely deny.

Also note that even if you could get service credit, it's only good at the service center for items they can sell, and not everything available in the online tesla store which is operated by a third party.

If you wanted to get cash for your reward items, you could always put them on Ebay.
I dont want cash. I want discounts on tesla gear :)
I really doubt you'll get anywhere with this.

Tesla stopped issuing service credits in 2015 due to bird-dogging laws in Ohio and Virginia (and possibly California). All remaining service credits for the first referral round expired at the end of 2016. Since these prizes don't even have a retail value, I'm not sure what they would even give you. You're much better off just selling the items for cash then bother an already resource constrained referral team with a request like this which they will likely deny.

Also note that even if you could get service credit, it's only good at the service center for items they can sell, and not everything available in the online tesla store which is operated by a third party.
that's fine. Here in europe we only buy gear in the service center, except for dutch people.

I dont want cash. I want discounts on tesla gear :)

that's fine. Here in europe we only buy gear in the service center, except for dutch people.
If you ask nicely, you can get a Tesla Owners discount on merchandise at service centers up to 20%, unless you just placed a order, then I've seen up to 30% discount on the spot. Not all service centers will do this, but I've seen it done at several locations.

I got $11.000 in credits on the first program. Used it on bags, snow chains, stuff for the car and a lot of chademo adapters that I sold online. They told me I could only use $1000 on a new car, but when I was paying for the Founder they told me I could use the rest of the credits to pay for the car! I should have known that before I used it all on chademo adapters.

I could not by t-shirts, jackets or other stuff. I live in Europe / Norway.

And, yes, I also got $3500 credits for the powerwall that they could not deliver in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.