Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was making the point that there will probably be a competition to get 10 signups if a free Model X (value ~$100k fully equipped) is on the table, even if there is just one (possibly per region.) I think they need to reconsider that incentive because it is too strong for someone to simply send spam out to every email they can get hold of and see what sticks.

I'm not eligible, I don't own a Tesla yet. But I'm aware that many Tesla owners are engineers and programmers, so might have the resources, if they were a little, uhm, backhanded.

It'd work if you paid $5000 to 10 people to use your referral link, still gets you a fully loaded X for 50k off retail

with new model coming people may not be as willing to jump into new Model S until they see what Model X offers. Just like last years cars and phones get a discount right before new models come out. With the Model S target audience the buyers are even more likely to have to want the newest thing.

Just this month, a friend just got his lease. He has ridden in my Tesla, read my blog, and even joined me on a factory tour.

Another friend also who got a test drive from me and asked many questions just sent in their order.

I'm hoping I can get at least $1K for the second. They can probably cancel and re-order...?

A Model X for FREE

Announcing a new referral program, Tesla today announced a $1000 referral rebate for current Tesla owners referring new Model S sales to the company. In addition, "Tesla says the first customer to make ten referrals in North America, Europe and Asia will get a Model X for free." Other bonuses were announced as well, like a Gigafactory party for those referring five people.

Tesla looks to boost Model S sales this Summer through loyal customers - Fortune

Is this for real?

Ron SigX #1015

Announcing a new referral program, Tesla today announced a $1000 referral rebate for current Tesla owners referring new Model S sales to the company. In addition, "Tesla says the first customer to make ten referrals in North America, Europe and Asia will get a Model X for free." Other bonuses were announced as well, like a Gigafactory party for those referring five people.

Tesla looks to boost Model S sales this Summer through loyal customers - Fortune

Is this for real?

Ron SigX #1015
Seems so, there's a new thread going on about it here: Model S referral program

I got the e-mail, and although the prospect of getting a few thousand dollars of credit or even a free Model X is exciting, I also have mixed feelings about this. Very early on (2012/2013), there was a long discussion here on the forums about referral credits, and I think the consensus was that no referral incentives makes the owner's stories completely honest and trustworthy.

I don't like this program at all. It's going to turn everyone into a salesperson, and before you know it, we are going to see these links all over the place. It's going to be like Amway around here. I'm already seeing links being posted to various facebook groups. This is not a good image, it's sleazy.

Before anyone completely freaks out, keep in mind that this is only a test idea, just something they are throwing out there. No one is required to do anything different, special, or otherwise. If you refer someone, great, if not then that's okay to.

I really don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. It's just something harmless to see what comes of it. The idea that it's sleazy or whatever is a gross overreaction. I mean come on... Some of you have been joking about this for years, now it's real and your going to complain?

I am developing a perception from this forum that no matter what Tesla does or doesn't do there is always going to be someone who wants to make it the end of the world...

Jeff

Is this for real...I thought Tesla is very confident that they don't need any kind of advertisement to sell their cars...

Seriously how many of us have praised MS and have influenced our friends, neighbors and even third persons ...without expecting anything from Tesla in the past and so far until today.:wink:

This kind of advertisement I don't like... but like many of you said...now there will be a race to get that free Tesla by pushing our friends to buy this car..

Friends here I come.....I can already see them running :biggrin:

I now have a dilemma to face. I'm a happy ambassador. Never been put in this spot before. Networking for work, I refer and get referred to companies for contract work all the time. Never any kick backs given or received. Just my reputation and theirs on the line. Keeps us all honest. Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.