Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Tesla employee at the service center provided a referral code for my contact when he went to order at the SeC. Two different SeC's even.

Does "provided a referral code" mean that the person you helped didn't have/remember your referral code and the service center gave them one, or does it mean the person you helped gave them your code and the Tesla employee used a different one instead?

If it's the latter, I'd recommend elevating this.

Pretty peeved off at the moment: twice already that I referred somebody with my link after her Ng them out with their choice, and both times the person the Tesla employee at the service center provided a referral code for my contact when he went to order at the SeC. Two different SeC's even. As such, my link wasn't used 2 times. Would have been at 3 referrals by now, was looking forward to getting the Arachnids... I thought Tesla employees didn't have codes? Or perhaps they're giving one from a friend, I don't know.

Anybody else had this happen?

Yes, happened to me as well. I took this up with Tesla in Norway. They changed one of them, many weeks after. And I'm still waiting for the other one to be changed. It was the same sales advisor both times :(

Reactions: Bengineer
Does "provided a referral code" mean that the person you helped didn't have/remember your referral code and the service center gave them one, or does it mean the person you helped gave them your code and the Tesla employee used a different one instead?

If it's the latter, I'd recommend elevating this.

I talked with one of my friends when he ordered. Was on the phone and heard him say my code, but another one was used. I elevated it ;)

Reactions: Bengineer
Also noticed the Powerwall pushed out from late Summer to Fall. That probably means an extra 3-4 months.

4 Qualifying Referrals: Founders Series Powerwall 2
Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery. This edition is not available to the public and will be available for installation starting Fall 2017 for winners in this program. Installation charges may apply.

On a positive note they claim the wheels a be available starting this month.

3 Qualifying Referrals: 21” Arachnid Wheels
Enhance the performance of your Model S with exclusive 21” forged-aluminum Arachnid wheels in silver. These are not available to the public and will be available for installation in August for winners in this program.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
How is the referral program going for you...Congrats and appreciate the videos
For me, Extremely slow since the program ending on Jan 15th finished. I had no problem getting referrals on any of the previous programs, and it literally dropped like a rock. One period I had zero. I'm up to 3 in this one. Praying for 2 more so I can attend the Semi event :-( Prizes are nice, but I want to attend all the events to report back and live stream to my channel. Just don't know whats going on though, Referrals have really stagnated for me :-(

• Informative
Reactions: Bengineer and K-MTG
For me, Extremely slow since the program ending on Jan 15th finished. I had no problem getting referrals on any of the previous programs, and it literally dropped like a rock. One period I had zero. I'm up to 3 in this one. Praying for 2 more so I can attend the Semi event :-( Prizes are nice, but I want to attend all the events to report back and live stream to my channel. Just don't know whats going on though, Referrals have really stagnated for me :-(

I really hope you get two more...you are one of the first Tesla YouTuber!

I have 0 this year...got 3 last year...

Yeah, it has been slow for me, too... I've also had a 50% cancellation rate so far during this period. I really don't care one bit about the stuff, I'd just like event access.

Has anyone received their Tesla Carry On or thermal jacket from the program ending 15 Jan 2017? The only referral prizes I've received to date are the radio flyer codes....
The Tesla carry-on luggage hasn't been sent out yet. The thermal jackets were sent out a few months ago. The jackets from the program ending October 2016 weren't sent out yet.

Not the thermal jacket, but I emailed Tesla about 10 days ago about the other jacket (mine was from the contest ending Oct. 15, 2016), here is the reply I got about a week ago.

Tesla Referral Program said:
Thanks for contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program.

We experienced some delays with the production of the Tesla Owners Jackets, and have only recently received them at our warehouse here in California. We expect these to ship within the next week, so please let us know if you haven't received yours within the next 10 business days.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Yeah, it has been slow for me, too... I've also had a 50% cancellation rate so far during this period. I really don't care one bit about the stuff, I'd just like event access.

And just the opposite for me - very few in the last few programs & plenty this cycle. Photos as people take deliveries (love that!). And even a couple of referrals have sent hand-written thank-you notes. That never happened before.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.54.16 PM.png

Pretty peeved off at the moment: twice already that I referred somebody with my link after her Ng them out with their choice, and both times the person the Tesla employee at the service center provided a referral code for my contact when he went to order at the SeC. Two different SeC's even. As such, my link wasn't used 2 times. Would have been at 3 referrals by now, was looking forward to getting the Arachnids... I thought Tesla employees didn't have codes? Or perhaps they're giving one from a friend, I don't know.

Anybody else had this happen?

Yes happened to me. I posted about this type of stuff too. Not good for us referrers.

Yes happened to me. I posted about this type of stuff too. Not good for us referrers.

Happened to me today as well. Was hoping to get a PW2 but the OA used someone else's code. Still hoping to get one more referral to get to 4. If anyone has any questions on a S / X feel free to ping me. I've been able to help folks looking for discounted inventory S / X. Here is my code for $1,000 off and free unlimited supercharging.

My Tesla Referral Code

Status
Not open for further replies.