Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just placed an order on a Model X! Very Excited! Quick question regarding the "Free unlimited Supercharging"... the invoice states that Free unlimited Supercharging is included, but will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

I always thought (as long I used a referral code) that the "Free unlimited Supercharging" applies to the vehicle and was transferable to the next owner. Did Tesla recently change this?

• Disagree
Reactions: MelaniainLA
We just placed an order on a Model X! Very Excited! Quick question regarding the "Free unlimited Supercharging"... the invoice states that Free unlimited Supercharging is included, but will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

I always thought (as long I used a referral code) that the "Free unlimited Supercharging" applies to the vehicle and was transferable to the next owner. Did Tesla recently change this?

Never mind... apparently it's been like this for almost a year. I should have googled prior to my post (not sure on how i can delete)

Is it new or a CPO?

Finally shipping for arrival to Grandkids Friday
Upgraded Battery & Refreshed Model!
(October as promised)

For anyone who might be curious what the potential lead time is for their order, here is the timeline of mine...

1st Referral Delivered July 19
Received Emailed Redemption Code July 31
Ordered August 5th.
Shipped: October 10
From Summer Washington USA
Arriving October 13
To Oakland California USA

EE96FF0A-17E3-4214-8B73-3AC1F28B5F85.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Reekdog and PrGrPa
Wow. Guess i was lucky. Got my mail on August 3rd, after friend taking delivery at the end of July.

Ordered the Radioflyer two days later. It shipped on August 12 and I got it delivered on August 15th.
That’s interesting. We ordered same day. What color did you order? Did you get a refresh version? Or the old one with the nosecone? Did they upgrade the battery?

My guess is that as they ran out of each color of the non-refreshed versions they pushed those orders out to October deliveries.

That’s interesting. We ordered same day. What color did you order? Did you get a refresh version? Or the old one with the nosecone? Did they upgrade the battery?

My guess is that as they ran out of each color of the non-refreshed versions they pushed those orders out to October deliveries.
All of ours so far have been with the old nosecone. The one we're waiting for will be the refresh version. Three of them will have the upgraded battery.

It's new custom order.

My initial assessment was correct. After researching more, in June 16, 2017 Tesla specifically said that "If you choose to sell your Tesla, free supercharging will transfer to the next owner" (as seen on the link below).

Tesla updates free lifetime Supercharging policy with Dec. 31 deadline
If the car was sold before 1/15/17 (the 12/31/16 deadline was extended), it should have Supercharging that transfers when the car is sold:
You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging.

If the car was bought after 1/15/17, it won't have Supercharging that transfers when sold:
You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded.

Our car from 12/2016 has the first Supercharging text. Our car from 3/2017 has the second Supercharging text. Note the "refunded" text at the end of the second quote. This is because cars sold between 1/15/17 and 5/20/17 didn't include free Supercharging. Fortunately, it was added retroactively when Tesla decided to extend free Supercharging (via referrals) for the rest of the year.

I think the change mentioned in the Teslarati article was to point out the deadline for free Supercharging. Originally, there was no deadline so if you were a current owner and bought a new S or X at any time in the future, you would still get free Supercharging. They updated the text to a deadline of 12/31/2017 on new S or X purchases.

This story from Electrek clarifies:
Update: we clarified with Tesla and all Tesla owners who ordered before 1/15/17 have access to free supercharging for the life of their vehicle, while all Tesla owners from then to now (who were on the paid program) have now access to free supercharging for the ownership of their vehicle.

Last edited:

Midnight Silver. Old nosecone. Not upgrade battery.

If the car was sold before 1/15/17 (the 12/31/16 deadline was extended), it should have Supercharging that transfers when the car is sold:

If the car was bought after 1/15/17, it won't have Supercharging that transfers when sold:

Our car from 12/2016 has the first Supercharging text. Our car from 3/2017 has the second Supercharging text. Note the "refunded" text at the end of the second quote. This is because cars sold between 1/15/17 and 5/20/17 didn't include free Supercharging. Fortunately, it was added retroactively when Tesla decided to extend free Supercharging (via referrals) for the rest of the year.

I think the change mentioned in the Teslarati article was to point out the deadline for free Supercharging. Originally, there was no deadline so if you were a current owner and bought a new S or X at any time in the future, you would still get free Supercharging. They updated the text to a deadline of 12/31/2017 on new S or X purchases.

This story from Electrek clarifies:

Thanks for clarifying! Extremely helpful!

• Helpful
Reactions: Reekdog
got 1 more referral to go....to get my rims...and that just might save my marriage.. Since I am driving my wife nuts in this referral hunt ROFL..

is there a patron saint to Tesla Referrals that I can pray to?

Back to the service center tomorrow... sighhhhh

What wouldn't i do?

Reactions: wbeck
Hello people of the future.
Just got done with a four hour sit down at the Tesla Store here in Dubai and the wife and I are just about to pull the trigger on our first EV. It’s gonna be a beautiful 75D Model S with the works.

1. Anyone wanna share a referral code for me to use?

2. What is the one thing you would recommend I do/ask/check/inspect/try/make sure of before driving off the lot?

Any help would be great.

Gando

Status
Not open for further replies.