Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will have to fix it 'by law'. After thinking about it I think its great. Now we have double incentive over other states to 'act as sales people' and see more cars sold here. total irony, I love it.

Now its not just people shopping for links if they are interested in purchasing, they should shop VA for links. Maybe most won't work this way buy I have no problem giving my link for $2K and no quid pro quo. After all its the law!

they will have to fix it 'by law'. After thinking about it I think its great. Now we have double incentive over other states to 'act as sales people' and see more cars sold here. total irony, I love it.

Yep, I don't need or care about the 1K, I haven't posted my link till now so if it gets someone $2k and me nothing, I'm ok with that.... go ahead and use it someone....However, the downside of Virginia, I'm refusing to pay my Fairfax county property tax until they play fair, outrageous. Ill end up paying more in taxes over the years than I will on the purchase price.

AMPUP, thanks. It is still the same here from the UK too. The interesting thing about referral links is, they work worldwide. I thought it would be interesting if UK buyers could get £2000 off because of a technicality in Virginia in the USA.

PhX7zvL.gif

AMPUP, thanks. It is still the same here from the UK too. The interesting thing about referral links is, they work worldwide. I thought it would be interesting if UK buyers could get £2000 off because of a technicality in Virginia in the USA.

PhX7zvL.gif

well 1000 pounds is like 1.5K USD, so a good deal worldwide I guess. If they double it thats a 3k USD benefit for UK buyers

He he! Karma, it is just karma. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

These monthly estimates for Tesla by industry watchers are usually quite unreliable. Note the nice round numbers. There should be an asterisk by the Tesla column!

See their comment on that on the scorecard page.

Tesla Model S: Tesla does not give out exact monthly sales (apparently because the public can’t handle the concept of regional allocations and delivery lead times)… so we never know for sure what the monthly numbers total up to until Tesla’s quarterly updates add clarity, but we do our best to keep our finger on the pulse of what is happening.

To come to an estimated monthly, number, we don’t simply take the quarterly estimate given by Tesla and divide it by 3 and hope it all works out…it just doesn’t work like that in the real world.

We simply report from the data we accumulate ourselves, the first hand accounts available from the factory and from the community itself when available – and the number is what it is. So far that has worked out pretty well, with no quarter being off by more than 300 units versus information Tesla has reported publicly, and for the full year results last year we came within 100 units with our net estimate of 17,300.

That being said, we only estimate this number because Tesla does not, and to not put a number on Model S sales would be to paint an even more inaccurate overall picture of EV sales. Despite our fairly accurate track record, we are not analysts, portfolio managers and we do not own any positions in Tesla the company.

Cross posting from another thread:

Björn announced on his Facebook page that if he wins the Founders Series Model X, he's plans to sell it to his close friend Morgan. His friend told him about the EV incentives in Norway, lent him the money for the deposit (which allowed him to snag a 2000€ Early Adopter credit just before YE), and takes care of the Milennium Falcon when Björn visits Thailand. Morgan will give him virtually unlimited access to the Model X so he can shoot videos while using it for Nimber tasks and trips to Europe.

I think this is a brilliant solution. He'll be able to effectively keep both cars. More importantly, this will allow him to help his extended family in a meaningful way. He told me privately "the Model S is already the perfect car for us."

What do you guys think of this idea?

Cross posting from another thread:

Björn announced on his Facebook page that if he wins the Founders Series Model X, he's plans to sell it to his close friend Morgan. His friend told him about the EV incentives in Norway, lent him the money for the deposit (which allowed him to snag a 2000€ Early Adopter credit just before YE), and takes care of the Milennium Falcon when Björn visits Thailand. Morgan will give him virtually unlimited access to the Model X so he can shoot videos while using it for Nimber tasks and trips to Europe.

I think this is a brilliant solution. He'll be able to effectively keep both cars. More importantly, this will allow him to help his extended family in a meaningful way. He told me privately "the Model S is already the perfect car for us."

What do you guys think of this idea?

I think if he wins the car he should do what he wants to do with it. But I would really hope to see in-depth reviews and trips with Bjørn in a Model S.

$2,000 to the purchaser is a great idea. It not only takes away the appearance of "salesperson", but it gives the purchaser an experienced Tesla owner that they can contact.

$2,000 to the purchaser is a great idea. It not only takes away the appearance of "salesperson", but it gives the purchaser an experienced Tesla owner that they can contact.

It is difficult for me to disagree with you, Jerry, because of how much I value your opinion, but I have to disagree with you in this case. I think the $2000 in Virginia only is a huge mistake.

Tesla has now completely unleveled the playing field for everyone attempting to get referrals. And it was completely unnecessary.

For the Tesla owners that live in Virginia, it makes no difference to them whether the person they refer gets $1000 or $2000--giving their referral the extra $1000 does not make up for the fact that Virginia law says that they (the referrer) can't have it. For the person being referred, the extra $1000 was unnecessary. They would have been just as likely to go to someone in Virginia as to someone anywhere else.

Everything changes by kicking the amount up from $1000 to $2000, in Virginia only. People shopping for referral links now are going to focus on getting one from someone in Virginia, because it means getting an extra $1000 off the car. People looking for someone to mentor them, which I think is a great idea, will now likely look for that person to be in Virginia, because frankly while there is some appeal to having the person be local, what's much more important is that the mentor be knowledgeable on the subject, and accessible. If I were looking for a mentor I can't think of too many people that would make a better one than you, Jerry, and you're on the other side of the country! That extra $1000 discount is going to outweigh geographic proximity for a lot of people.

The extra $1000 has given an unfair advantage to all the Tesla owners in Virginia attempting to get referrals, and has put all other owners trying to get referrals at a disadvantage. And it just wasn't necessary!

I predict that once Tesla sees a disproportionate number of referrals coming from the Commonwealth of Virginia they will make another change to the rules of the program.

I wonder if you have to get to the end to input your information that shows you're in VA before the discount shows up.

I got to the end, but I didn't click order, there is a message "Congratulations Max's referral saves you $1,000." on the last page before you hit order. So no dice.

They specifically said it's $2k off the purchase price, not $1k off the purchase price and $1k to the buyers account for accessories. So something isn't right.

I suspect tesla predicted that the purchaser would privately give the referral individual 1k under the table. Thus VA residents still get the credit, but since it's not from Tesla it's legal.

Fwiw, I'm in VA and have not as of yet participated, despite having several referrals in the past. The only reason I might participate is for the invite to the party. If you want to "level" the playing field, then offer your 1k to the buyer (shrug).

I suspect tesla predicted that the purchaser would privately give the referral individual 1k under the table. Thus VA residents still get the credit, but since it's not from Tesla it's legal.

Fwiw, I'm in VA and have not as of yet participated, despite having several referrals in the past. The only reason I might participate is for the invite to the party. If you want to "level" the playing field, then offer your 1k to the buyer (shrug).

The $2k link doesn't work yet, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.