Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The IRS wouldn't even laugh at someone if they tried that. They'd just give you a blank stare.

They want the tax on the value actually awarded, irrespective of the funny money between actual price paid and true market value.
I kept digging and I found it. I couldn’t find the exact code but I missed the most important part where it’s for businesses and not individuals. If Tesla gives a discount that requires the recipient to spend money, that discount could be seen as non-taxable for Tesla. My bad!

Has anyone heard anything about Powerwall 2 installs? I have yet to receive an update after the initial survey

I have created official tracking polls for delivery on the last few phases of the program. Please take a few minutes to catalog your luck. Update things if something does show up so we can keep the poll accurate.

Referral Program Phase 8 (Ended 6/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 7 (Ended 3/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 6 (Ended 1/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 5 (Ended 10/15/16) Delivery Survey

Last time I checked, no one has received their Powerwall 2s. Earlier phases gave out Powerwall 1s and only a small fraction of those who won ever received one. I personally took store credit instead.

Anyone have experience with the Arachnid wheels award timelines... if all goes well my 3rd delivery will be before the end of December. So then it becomes a race between when i can get the arachnid wheels and when I am going to need to replace my current tires... Front tires should be OK but backs are down to about 4/32nds... Living in Las Vegas I have no weather to contend with but if it takes a while to get the rims i might have to buy rear tires... Would love it if it timed out perfectly...

Also 1 away from the powerwall which I am really wanting to get... so looks like i will be back to the showroom this weekend... I had a plan to take my wife's 84 y/o grandmother and have a "sweet old lady" pitch strangers

I have created official tracking polls for delivery on the last few phases of the program.

Do you want to create a poll for the current phase? Got the silver arachnids and refresh model S for kids from the current phase. Took delivery in June so this is the only phase I've been eligible for.

Got the email and survey for the solar token and powerwall 2 but nothing about installation yet.

Reactions: Reeler
I have created official tracking polls for delivery on the last few phases of the program. Please take a few minutes to catalog your luck. Update things if something does show up so we can keep the poll accurate.

Referral Program Phase 8 (Ended 6/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 7 (Ended 3/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 6 (Ended 1/15/17) Delivery Survey
Referral Program Phase 5 (Ended 10/15/16) Delivery Survey

Last time I checked, no one has received their Powerwall 2s. Earlier phases gave out Powerwall 1s and only a small fraction of those who won ever received one. I personally took store credit instead.
I received a reply from Tesla energy regarding the powerwall award. It looks like end of first quarter 2018. Terrible way to run a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.