Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole process begins when Tesla Energy calls you to set up a site survey. Just select "I am interested" and wait. Could be many months (or more) until they contact you.

Also, I've only posted my experience. When they call you, it's quite possible the policies could change, so YMMV.
Have they applied the credit to your account yet or do you have to wait another few years?

I think I worked for Tesla for about an hour...

went to the service center to talk to some folks on Saturday since I am now obsessed with getting to the powerwall. There was one OA there and the other 2-3 were out on test drives. one couple in the showroom... then all hell broke loose... there must have been 6 groups that all came in at once and no one there to help. I talked to 2-3 different groups there who were there just "Looking and fact finding" but ended up just giving one of them my referral code... and I am not sure if he will buy but what the heck... you never know.

the one thing that struck me a little odd was a couple that came from Utah.. they knew very little about the cars but clearly wanted a model S. the OA helped them and spent a good amount of time with them. They wanted a test drive and the OA told them that they would have to schedule an appointment and come back. I know that this is the standard procedure and that Saturday test drives are usually totally booked but at the same time this couple did not know that they had to make a test drive appointment (which I think is unique to Tesla) and they drove about 125 miles each way. All they got to do is sit in a showroom car for 20 minutes. Again I know this is the practice but I was hoping the guy would make an exception or even try to squeeze them in later in the day. IF i drove a 250 mile round trip and didn't get to test drive the car I would be upset. Maybe it was his fault for "not knowing" how it works but they might have sold a car that day had they "figured it out". He didn't even offer to call him if there was a cancellation... Don't get me wrong the people at my service center are really good and friendly helpful people it was just this instance that I thought could be handled better and if you have to say no at least do it with a little empathy. Thank god the car sells itself. LOL

I thought about offering them a ride so they could at least ride in one but they were gone as soon as they heard they could not test drive. I looked up and they were pulling out of the parking lot... without even a referral code!!! Clearly a missed opportunity for both of us!

LOL

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Have they applied the credit to your account yet or do you have to wait another few years?

There's no credit yet. I asked if I could wait a while to decide what I wanted to do. We're in the middle of selling two houses and buying a third, so I don't know if I want a PW2 at the new house (and pay the tax on it) or just take a credit against the Model 3 next year some time.

But say if I wanted the credit right now to buy an MX or MS, I probably could get that done, I suspect.

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
There's no credit yet. I asked if I could wait a while to decide what I wanted to do. We're in the middle of selling two houses and buying a third, so I don't know if I want a PW2 at the new house (and pay the tax on it) or just take a credit against the Model 3 next year some time.
We are working to schedule a site survey but were told "There are no alternatives to the Powerwall" so it sounds like we'll have to shake a few branches to find that $5500 credit offer.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Do you have existing solar? Trying to figure out when to expect my call for a non solar home and a phase 6 (end of 2016) Powerwall.
No, not yet. Originally, we were told the solar roof would be available in Colorado in 2018 so we were trying to wait for that but over the weekend, they said 2020. They did say we could get the Powerwalls installed and add solar later. We do have TOU so we'd get some benefit out of them but not as much as if we had solar.

No, not yet. Originally, we were told the solar roof would be available in Colorado in 2018 so we were trying to wait for that but over the weekend, they said 2020. They did say we could get the Powerwalls installed and add solar later. We do have TOU so we'd get some benefit out of them but not as much as if we had solar.
And they don't have TOU software available yet with a continuously extending ETA.

Hi,

I am new to the community, planning to place an order for my model X in a couple of days. I have a few referral codes that work but I would like to surprise my little one with a Tesla mini for kids. If you have a referral code and are not interested in the mini please let me know. I can pickup or pay for shipping. If you are in Seattle area that's even better.

Thanks

I'm in Tacoma, and my 11 year old is way too big for the mini-Tesla... I'll PM you the code.

I know this post is old, but if anyone local (or not) needs a code I have one. I really want the Arachnid wheels for the summer and as a bonus I will send you my extra High Power Wall Charger when the car is delivered. No waiting and a must have item for new Tesla owner.

Attachments

• E0EFFAA4-9192-484B-89A1-213F49EDD558.jpeg
    E0EFFAA4-9192-484B-89A1-213F49EDD558.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.