Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you choose the credit instead of the PW2, does it visibly show up in your account, or is it only noted internally in Tesla's own system?

Yes it does. I won 110k Norwegian kroners on Phase 1 of the referral program. Thats why I have the Founder Model X. I got the money in my Tesla Account and it shows up on the My Tesla page with the correct amount.

Yes it does. I won 110k Norwegian kroners on Phase 1 of the referral program. Thats why I have the Founder Model X. I got the money in my Tesla Account and it shows up on the My Tesla page with the correct amount.

That was for the first, ill-fated referral program phase in 2015, where people got US$1000 per referral good for service, sales, or (limited) parts. Those credits also expired on 12/31/2016 and no longer show up on the mytesla page.

There's no knowing what Tesla will do with the limited number of people who might opt-in for the alternate "credit" offered for the PW2 award in 2018, which is completely different from the Phase 1 referral program and is being managed by the Tesla Energy group and not the referral program group.

Since it affects so few people, I doubt they are going to revamp the website to show the credit online like they did three years ago. So much has changed since then both with the mytelsa page and the running of the referral program in general. They didn't even know that giving the owners a cash credit was illegal in several US states, which is why they had to stop that after Phase 1.

So I really don't think you can say for sure it will show up online just like it did in 2015. It might, but I really seriously doubt it. My guess is that it will be handled internally as a credit you can use against a future purchase and not piecemeal like the first credit system allowed you to do. That is, you won't be able to go into a Service Center and just say "use my referral credits" to pay for service or parts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Freedom101
I did a check at the source code for the My Tesla site and its there - just hidden. If you "inspect" it with a browser and change from "none" to "block" on display it will turn up ;)

upload_2017-12-14_12-36-14.png

I did a check at the source code for the My Tesla site and its there - just hidden. If you "inspect" it with a browser and change from "none" to "block" on display it will turn up ;)

Right, but that doesn't change anything else I said. It's an entirely different type of credit from a different source and a different use.

By "revamp their website" I didn't mean just the HTML. I meant all the internals needed to run that credit program, which is now defunct. Like I said, they might do it that way, but I doubt it.

Does anyone know how the roadster thing is going to work? It says we have to buy it within a year of being available for purchase so does that mean Nov 2018???
It's not available for purchase yet. The only action happening on it now is the ability to reserve. So you'll have a year once the production version is available to buy.

Still waiting for an email reply (10 days) to find out where my jacket from last year is.
Will give it another couple weeks and see if my adviser can do anything.
I never got a direct email reply concerning my missing jacket. I did get an email from FedEx indicating Tesla was sending a 2 pound package. I'm signed up for FedEx delivery alerts so I actually got two emails, one from FedEx when Tesla prepared the shipment and then another from FedEx to alert me of the delivery the next morning.

I never got a direct email reply concerning my missing jacket. I did get an email from FedEx indicating Tesla was sending a 2 pound package. I'm signed up for FedEx delivery alerts so I actually got two emails, one from FedEx when Tesla prepared the shipment and then another from FedEx to alert me of the delivery the next morning.
This is the only way I have ever been notified about any of the referral prizes (FedEx notification). A few weeks ago I reviewed my past referrals and noticed I should have received a jacket. Living in AZ, I wouldn't care, but want to give it to my dad who lives in IL. He can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.