Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question regarding the program and the terms; Tesla posts the terms of the agreement here: Referral Program

Clearly their obligation is to provide the award, and they even refer to shipping in the award definitions.

Yes, the awards say they include shipping. They do not say they include shipping information.

Ask your lawyer, he can explain the differences to you.

they must provide the award, it's that simple.

And where are they not providing the award?

Ask your lawyer, he can explain the differences to you.

Oh, and if you read my post history, you'll see I've been extremely critical of Tesla with regards to their user interface changes, USB and media player bugs, and firmware updates.

Like I said, I choose my battles for REAL issues.

Guess I am honored you consider my single post about the inaccuracies in the information provided by Tesla in the app a REAL issue, LMAO.

Is there any trick to getting a Radio Flyer code to take on the referral website? We're trying to get it to work in the promo code field but it isn't accepting it. It's the code I received several months ago, but says I have until March,2018 to redeem. Do the codes go stale if not used right away?

Ok, I haven't heard back from Tesla yet but did some digging on my own.

Here is the link in their email: tesla.radioflyer.com/build.html

I went through my history and found the link from the last Model S for kids: radioflyer.com/tesla-referral.html

I used the link I used for the last Model S for kids and my code worked there. So give that link a shot.

FYI, Pearl White Model S for kids is now available! It wasn't available when I got my first one.

Thanks Erik

What link do you have in your Tesla email? In one of their emails they have the link to the normal radio flyer website, not the special page for referral prizes. I reached out to Tesla and they fixed it on recent emails but the original emails were already sent. If you try to input the code on radio flyers normal checkout page it will not accept it.

Try the link in my quoted message above.

Thanks Erik

I really wish that you can refer Model 3 buyers. Like maybe a Model 3 buyer will count as 1/4 or even 1/2 a referral for each one. So you can refer 1 Model S/X Buyer or 2 Model 3 buyers to count as 1 full referral.

Why would Tesla do that? All it would do right now is reduce the margin on the Model 3 and make the wait list longer. They have no need for Model 3 referrals right now, they have a list of 400,000+ people that want to buy one already, and it will be 1+ years before they get through that list. (And it is growing every day.) Though hopefully they will soon be popping people off the list faster than people are being added to the list.

Once there is no backlog and production is greater than demand they might think about adding Model 3 to the referral program.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Tesla.com says: "up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging".

So, if you want to receive free Supercharger, you should not ask you to famous with 50 referral, but to those like me with three referral.

And then it is now Christmas, you deserve a gift for you: a beautiful Tesla Model S or Model X with free Supercharging!

And in addition I deserve it too: I'm not a spammer, but an active owner and fan that writes on a site in the language for technical explanations on Tesla, over 1500 posts: teslari.it

UNLIMITED TESLA SUPERCHARGING

:)

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911 and Kbra
Tesla.com says: "up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging".

So, if you want to receive free Supercharger, you should not ask you to famous with 50 referral, but to those like me with three referral.

Anyone who uses your referral code gets free Supercharging. It is not limited to the first 5 people. I've seen people spread this far too long. It simply isn't true.

Thanks Erik

I don't really know the answer to that yet. When you get the call for the PW2 site survey and hopefully the "credit option" alternative, you can ask them how it can be used. All I know is that they said I could use it for a M3 discount or solar panels.
Nice. I sent my Tesla Solar guy after the Referral Program guys to confirm this for me. He really wants to sell me solar and i said i'd consider it if you confirm i can cash in a powerwall prize for a solar discount. Hes been trying to get an answer out of them for over a week. The struggle is real, even within the company.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
My Awards page says i have a Radio Flyer waiting to be ordered but i already ordered and received mine. I wonder if its referring to the current round with the Flyer or Charger option. I have 2 delivierys this round that i have yet to see the email asking me to choose between the two. Id much rather have the wall charger than another radio flyer.

Nice. I sent my Tesla Solar guy after the Referral Program guys to confirm this for me. He really wants to sell me solar and i said i'd consider it if you confirm i can cash in a powerwall prize for a solar discount. Hes been trying to get an answer out of them for over a week. The struggle is real, even within the company.

When we are talking about credit ;) - If you sniff the traffic from the new part of the app (the awards), you can clearly see that all awards can be swapped out with credits. They have different info showing for each line and each line has the credit column. It also gives you info about the delivery of the awards. The text is there it just needs updates to the app :)

Status
Not open for further replies.