Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for real...I thought Tesla is very confident that they don't need any kind of advertisement to sell their cars...

Seriously how many of us have praised MS and have influenced our friends, neighbors and even third persons ...without expecting anything from Tesla in the past and so far until today.:wink:

This kind of advertisement I don't like... but like many of you said...now there will be a race to get that free Tesla by pushing our friends to buy this car..

Friends here I come.....I can already see them running :biggrin:

It doesn't have to be like that though, people react to these things in very different ways...

Jeff

I wonder if this program will apply to "inventory" cars. It probably will, since they are still considered "new".

Also, what about prospective buyers (like my family) with multiple friends who own Tesla vehicles? If this program takes off, it'd be nice to be able to split the referral credit among everyone influencing the purchase.

Whether or not this comes off as "sleazy" depends on how owners behave. If some owners (edit: like the above) go around begging new buyers for referral credits, that'll look bad. Perhaps a good way to use this program will be to discreetly disclose its existence up front. As in, "Would you like to go for a spin in my Model S? If you buy one, they'll even give me credit! But seriously, it's an awesome car."

This is not good news. It shows that Tesla is desperate for sales ambassador. If Tesla could appease the existing dissatisfied customer by resolving the little nagging issues, it could be much more effective. I don't need the $1000. I want my MS to perform what Tesla promised (i.e. AP), and at least be better than a cheapo Honda or GM when it comes to tire pressure reading.

This is not good news. It shows that Tesla is desperate for sales ambassador. If Tesla could appease the existing dissatisfied customer by resolving the little nagging issues, it could be much more effective. I don't need the $1000. I want my MS to perform what Tesla promised (i.e. AP), and at least be better than a cheapo Honda or GM when it comes to tire pressure reading.

I knew people would misinterpret this. Tesla is fighting the dealership lobby in state after state in this country. Letting owners sell for them totally bypasses the laws that are suppressing sales in those states - it's a brilliant move. Owners are not bound by the dealership-promoted protectionist laws on the books. It's a great workaround. Wish I'd thought of it.

Will TMC have a policy to prevent people who've already decided to buy a Model S from creating "I'm buying a Model S, who wants to be my friend today?" threads?

This goes against the spirit of what Tesla if trying to offer, but given that the buyer also gets a $1K reward, such threads might be started.

Can we just agree as a forum that these sorts of posts are tacky and shouldn't be happening.

IMHO.

Want to post your link in your signature, go right ahead.
Someone asks you for your link and you reply, go right ahead.

But in general this isn't the place for playing salesman.

+1.

Besides, everyone should be using MY link. [emoji12]

What's interesting is that folks who refer 10 friends essentially cut in line ahead of the Sig's AND get $25000 in free options. Kind of unfair in my opinion. Instead of loaning Tesla $40000 for free for 3 years folks could have just given out $2500 cash each to 10 friends to encourage them to buy Model S (in addition to the $1000 discount Tesla gives) and they would have gotten an X with the same or better options than a Sig for the same price and much sooner! (And earn $10000 in service and accessory credits)

To me, Bjorn has been the best ambassador Tesla Motors could ever ask for. I've watched all his videos and learned so much about the pros and cons and ultimately focused my future purchase on a Model S. When I buy my new or CPO I'd be happy to reference Bjorn Nyland. I would personally like to see him get a new ride out of his efforts...

Don't bother going for the Model X bonus for 10 referals. It's only for the first person who does it. As soon as I heard about this I got on the phone and I've already got it locked up and in the bag. Ten sales in one hour. Just kidding. I wish. I'm not even on the same continent as my car for the next 3 weeks, dammit.

Sorry, but this looks like solicitation to me - you're using TMC for your own benefit. Hope your posts (and any others like this) get removed for a TOS violation.

I agree. There should be a site-wide ban on solicitation posts like this - or take any other form except for maybe people's sigs.. and even that I find a little bit over the edge, since EVERYONE will now have a referral link in their sigs.

What's interesting is that folks who refer 10 friends essentially cut in line ahead of the Sig's AND get $25000 in free options. Kind of unfair in my opinion. Instead of loaning Tesla $40000 for free for 3 years folks could have just given out $2500 cash each to 10 friends to encourage them to buy Model S (in addition to the $1000 discount Tesla gives) and they would have gotten an X with the same or better options than a Sig for the same price and much sooner! (And earn $10000 in service and accessory credits)

So, refer 10 and get a Founder edition...And the promotion ends at the end of October.

So...when do founders get their cars again? hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.