Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

If you would like to do an extended test drive (keeping the car one night) with a Model S or Model X, please let me know. I've got invitations from Tesla for this that I can pass out. I only ask that you, in turn, us my referral code when buying your Model S or Model X. Tesla's new referral program, just announced today, continues Free, Unlimited Supercharging for Model S and Model X.

PM me for details.

Thanks,

Andrew

if thats for me, the answer is no that not what i am saying. i am saying that the person who did it last night did not get mention of a credit and there is no referral under today. but mine shows a 0 credit and bonnie shows 500. i dont know why.
It would make sense for anyone within the 3 day cancellation period to cancel & reorder today to get the credit.

bonnie shows 500

Don't let that "500+" throw you off. That's just a ranking column which forces your name to be at the top, and then the sorted rankings to display below it. It's kind of a hack that's showing through (it's probably something like '9999').

Also, that page is the number of newsletter sign-ups you and others have to be entered into the weekly drawing to race the semi. It's NOT the number of referrals you have.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I'd suggest giving them a call to find out.

You can also click the little "i" icon in the app, which will show you the details of your referrals.

upload_2018-2-1_13-49-25.png

Maybe there's a clue there as to who got your "first" referral either last night or today.

Don't let that "500+" throw you off. That's just a ranking column which forces your name to be at the top, and then the sorted rankings to display below it. It's kind of a hack that's showing through (it's probably something like '9999').

Also, that page is the number of newsletter sign-ups you and others have to be entered into the weekly drawing to race the semi. It's NOT the number of referrals you have.
No, Hank. He's referring to the screen shot I posted showing that if someone configures an S or X using my link, they'll get free supercharging and a $500 credit. I assume that will only work for the first referral that uses my link starting today.

--- Edit: nm, you caught up :)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
i guess i'll find out in a few days. last night's referral is going to cancel and rebook, so we will see if that set the $500 credit free or not and it will show up again.

I'm not that worried about it because Tesla always does the right thing for me, i just prefer it when it happens without intervention cause it is cleaner.

I suspect the credit will be available.

i guess i'll find out in a few days. last night's referral is going to cancel and rebook, so we will see if that set the $500 credit free or not and it will show up again.

I'm not that worried about it because Tesla always does the right thing for me, i just prefer it when it happens without intervention cause it is cleaner.

I suspect the credit will be available.
I'm sure they would've fixed things for you...but honestly, it would probably be faster to cancel and re-order.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but this $500 credit could lead to some (more) confusion. What if you get the "first" referral that claims the $500 credit, a second referral that misses out, and then the first referral cancels? Do you get it back for the third or subsequent referral, or does the second referral get grandfathered in and a $500 surprise credit? Or does the $500 credit stay displayed until the first person (say among several referrals) takes delivery? (obviously even more problematic, as you can imagine).

This leads me to suspect that maybe all referrals are going to get the $500 service/accessory credit and the "first" nomenclature is really just "marketing."

Status
Not open for further replies.