Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, it's Tesla time, plus add in Hawaiian time.... it ends up being an OMG long time... but after submitting the request my set was here in about 30 days...

I just realized the dates are order dates and not delivery dates posted on the site... so my earlier post is wrong about the timeframe... i am not sure how long after delivery I got the email.... of him taking delivery...

After no response from my referral program contact, I emailed the person who I reached out to in January. She apologized for me not getting the email and sent my order in directly to the wheel fulfillment department. Still not convinced that i'll ever get them though.;)

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
Smart ;) So, 6 more then. Then it will be 20. 20 Roadsters :)

I'm guessing less than 20 (maybe 16 or 17), as it's harder to accumulate significant referrals when just the first referral for this period gets the $500 credit. Everyone after the first referral in the period doesn't get the credit, so those people are better off going with someone else's referral. I think that will limit the number of additional people hitting 55. Of course, Tesla could keep extending the program and obviously, the longer it runs, the more likely to have additional people hit it.

Has anyone received an autographed red Powerwall 2 from the referral program ending January 15, 2017?

I don't believe anyone has. It has been posted elsewhere on TMC that all batteries for the powerwall referral awards are being used for Model 3 deliveries, and that non-purchased PW2s are delayed until summer or fall. I have not heard this directly myself, though.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I don't believe anyone has. It has been posted elsewhere on TMC that all batteries for the powerwall referral awards are being used for Model 3 deliveries, and that non-purchased PW2s are delayed until summer or fall. I have not heard this directly myself, though.
Totally makes sense as the batteries had been a bottleneck. Hope they resolve these manufacturing issues quickly. I have a friend who’s a Gigafactory engineer and he said Elon has personally been on the manufacturing line there regularly giving tips and encouragement. Don’t know how he does all this!!!

• Funny
Reactions: GayForEllon
Has anyone received an autographed red Powerwall 2 from the referral program ending January 15, 2017?

I was told that the Tesla energy team would contact me this month in response to my inquiry. o_O I'm trying to hold off upgrading my electrical panel at home.
Someone posted pictures last month but I've only seen that one install so far. Still waiting on ours.

Wait for the Tesla Energy people to call you. Then ask for the credit. It's $5,500.

I was told today that “ Unfortunately, awards are not exchangeable and do not have a cash value. For your fourth reward, you qualified for the Founders Series Powerwall 2. This is an item that is also eligible to be installed at any address, not just the home address we have on file for you.“

Doesn’t this seem contradictory to what others have heard?

I was told today that “ Unfortunately, awards are not exchangeable and do not have a cash value. For your fourth reward, you qualified for the Founders Series Powerwall 2. This is an item that is also eligible to be installed at any address, not just the home address we have on file for you.“

Yes. I would escalate the issue. We were able to get credits for a few of our Powerwalls just a few weeks ago.

• Informative

Yes, and the answer you got seems to be the stock answer the Referral team is telling people. But they don't control the actual award distribution, the Tesla Energy (Solarcity) people do. And they have said very clearly that the awards are not transferable, and you can get a credit on future purchases. The "item that is also eligible to be installed at any address" is new, but I also suspect that is mis-information. With respect to the powerwall awards, and I reiterate, I would not rely on any information provided by the referral program team.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.