Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BD86DB81-9DD2-4A98-A45E-38FB1E7629CA.jpeg
The supercharging is implied if not explicitly stated in the email. They go out of their way to say the $500 is ending so it would be odd to not also call out SC ending in the same sentence.

Reactions: Amit519
ok. nevermind. jumping through hoops are here to stay.
Hi @Shuji, the powerwall credit jumps from C$5K to C$7,500 in the next referral cycle effective May 1 - July 15. Lucky Canadians!!
Why does Tesla have the US refferers jump through hoops to get credit in lieu of the powerwall, and wait for months upon months to get the credit.
Would it be worth it to see if we (US) can get something like this in writing too?
Also, they will get C$7,500 credit, which is equivalent to US$6,155, way more than what we have heard of people getting so far.
If given the credit, I can turn around and buy the AWD M3 in a heartbeat, it would be my 3rd Tesla. Come on Elon and Tesla!!
Do the math!!
Give away a free powerwall or give a credit that people would use towards another Tesla.
Win-Win!!
If given a credit option, customer could buy another Tesla that they will actually use and Tesla could sell another car with a healthy profit margin.
I'm not an Economics major nor do I have a MBA degree but even I can see the financial benefits. Hopefully someone at Tesla HQ starts thinking along these lines too.

Like @ReddyLeaf I also am willing to give away my prize if you want to use my code (you still get the $500 credit toward services/accessories which expires 4/30). For the give away prize, you can choose between a Founders Series Model S for Kids or a Signature Black Tesla Wall Connector. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
I am also willing to give away my prize if you want to use my code (you still get the $500 credit toward services/accessories which expires 4/30). For the give away prize, you can choose between a Founders Series Model S for Kids or a Signature Black Tesla Wall Connector. Please PM me if you are interested.

I have no $500 referral credit to offer nor do I have referral prizes to offer in exchange for using my referral code. All I have to offer is a BIG "Congratulations on your new S/X purchase and welcome to the Tesla family".
PM if you would to be a part of this family.:)

Not sure when they changed it but now it says specifically it OK to share your code on YouTube channels, Social Media and websites that are informational or a fan website. Glad they realized that those things are a major part of Tesla's popularity and success.

Hi @Shuji, the powerwall credit jumps from C$5K to C$7,500 in the next referral cycle effective May 1 - July 15. Lucky Canadians!!
Why does Tesla have the US refferers jump through hoops to get credit in lieu of the powerwall, and wait for months upon months to get the credit.
Would it be worth it to see if we (US) can get something like this in writing too?
Also, they will get C$7,500 credit, which is equivalent to US$6,155, way more than what we have heard of people getting so far.
If given the credit, I can turn around and buy the AWD M3 in a heartbeat, it would be my 3rd Tesla. Come on Elon and Tesla!!
Do the math!!
Give away a free powerwall or give a credit that people would use towards another Tesla.
Win-Win!!
If given a credit option, customer could buy another Tesla that they will actually use and Tesla could sell another car with a healthy profit margin.
I'm not an Economics major nor do I have a MBA degree but even I can see the financial benefits. Hopefully someone at Tesla HQ starts thinking along these lines too.

Canadian credit for the powerwall has always been and still will be $7,800 CDN. I have already received and used this credit here in Canada.

Would any attorneys weigh in? I would have guessed that giving away the referral prize constitutes an exchange of value which is a form of payment. But if you give away advice to get the referral is that not also a form of payment?

I actually think that giving away a referral prize with a $500 credit this close to the program cycle end is admirable since you probably aren’t going to win a PowerWall or Arachmid rims before the end of the month. But then to see a bunch of other non $500 credit code pimping clutter up the forum makes me sad.

Maybe the most unfortunate thing is that prospective buyers who know just enough to know they need a code may know just enough to look here but not enough to know that all codes are not equal and that unless the referral code shows “$500 in credit” they won’t receive that part. Hence the incentive for referrers to spam the forum and obfuscate that fact.

Here how an unused $500 credit link looks once you click on it, in case anyone is unclear, notice the $500 credit reference...

wp_ss_20180420_0001 (2).png

Last edited:
Would any attorneys weigh in? I would have guessed that giving away the referral prize constitutes an exchange of value which is a form of payment. But if you give away advice to get the referral is that not also a form of payment?

The rules say that 'referral codes can not be sold' -- which is like someone trying to sell their referral code on ebay for $100, in order for the buyer to get a $500 service credit. Selling referral codes is not the same as buying/bartering a referral credit with advice, prizes, or even cash. Now if luring buyers with advice, prizes, or cash to use a referral code, or buyers seeking out such additional benefits to use a referral code, violates the 'good faith' clause, that's certainly up for interpretation/discussion.

• Informative
So...I just got an email from a Tesla email address inviting me to an event this weekend. I went ahead and highlighted a sentence that jumped out at me...

I hope this email finds you well. We’d like to personally invite you and a few friends to our “Owners Referral Event” this weekend. At the end of this month, our free supercharging network through the “referral program” is transitioning into pay-per-use for future Tesla owners. We’d like to take the time to celebrate you as an owner who took a chance on our new car company and invite your friends to take advantage of the free supercharging network offer before it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.