Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like the only thing that changed was the $500 credit going away and the referral award levels changed a little bit. The counters aren't reset, and everything else, including accrual towards the Roadster, appears to have remained the same.

The "Referral" section on the Tesla Account disappeared for a few hours last night, but it's back to normal today.

So it looks like the only thing that changed was the $500 credit going away and the referral award levels changed a little bit. The counters aren't reset, and everything else, including accrual towards the Roadster, appears to have remained the same.

The "Referral" section on the Tesla Account disappeared for a few hours last night, but it's back to normal today.
I'm cautiously hopeful that we can continue accruing referrals.

I'm relieved that the one-time $500 credit is over - because once mine was used, I couldn't in good conscience let a friend NOT get the bonus. So I gave them a referral code from someone who had already bought using my code. It seemed fair, except for the part where I only received one referral during the duration of this last phase because of it.

Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
I'm cautiously hopeful that we can continue accruing referrals.

I'm relieved that the one-time $500 credit is over - because once mine was used, I couldn't in good conscience let a friend NOT get the bonus. So I gave them a referral code from someone who had already bought using my code. It seemed fair, except for the part where I only received one referral during the duration of this last phase because of it.
What I did was gave my 2nd my code, but let them have the award

I still think they are going to reset the counters back to zero at some point today. With the new prize structure, this is considered a “new” period, not an extension of the previous one.

You get the awards active during the time you received the referrals.

But yes, if you get one more referral, it looks like you get two powerwalls. Congrats!

Awesome!

Looks like it was better having 4 referrals...than 5! Idk if I will be able to get one more though...and I hope my current 4 won’t disappear/cancel.

When does the current program end? Got to work on that one referral!

I still think they are going to reset the counters back to zero at some point today. With the new prize structure, this is considered a “new” period, not an extension of the previous one.

They didn't do that the last time and they usually reset the counter at midnight (or close to it), but everything still looks "normal". Hope they continue with the current referral round (round 9). The app still says round 9 in the code and it is usually updated before they release new rounds.

They already restructured the prizes once during this phase, just because they were restructured doesn't mean they will start a new phase. I would love it if they did though, would like to get those prizes again!

Glad that the supercharger benefit is still in play for those who use codes.

I think the extra powerwall at 5 referrals is a loophole for people sitting at 4 referrals now.. that's how I interpret it.. but the real answer is 'who knows' what Tesla will do.

Hopefully can qualify for both. I was talking to somebody that got one referral that qualified for prize #3 from the March - June program and first prize of May - September last year so he got 2 radio flyers for the same referral.

I'm at 4 referrals and it shows a powerwall 2 in the awards tab (and still says available starting March 2018) and also shows a powerwall 2 as the next prize...now to work towards one more referral and see what happens.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
BTW - Now that we're in May, what are the new referral code benefits for a BUYER?
(i.e. can we still get free supercharging? Any sort of credit?)

BTW: The existing owner REFERRAL benefits are here:
Referral Program
I'm looking for the benefits of using a referral code as a new BUYER.

Thanks!
Use of a referral code on a new Model S or Model X will result in free supercharging as long as you own the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.