Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I learned that lesson about then, but then some people are more idealistic, I know some of them. One friend drives me crazy with her constant rose colored glasses about everybody and everything.
So we should all be negative? I like optimism. Wish I could be more often... Cursed with realism. But I admire persistent optimism in others.

So we should all be negative? I like optimism. Wish I could be more often... Cursed with realism. But I admire persistent optimism in others.

IMO opinion being consistently pessimistic is as bad or worse than being consistently optimistic. I probably lean towards being an idealist, but try to temper it by forcing myself to be a realist. In my experience, the vast majority of people, are trustworthy and quite a few are genuinely good people. Some people are always completely out for themselves with no regard for others and shouldn't be trusted. When I find one, I try to get along with them and/or stay out of their way, but don't trust them.

Fairly recent research has found about 1% of the population are sociopaths (or psychopath from some sources, the definition of the terms are in dispute) and only a small percentage of these people are in prison (though a high percentage of violent criminals are also sociopaths). The sociopaths who are not violent still lack empathy, they just aren't doing things that land them in prison most of the time. There are also people who have learned behaviors that are similar.

In the case of people who have abused the referral program and abuse superchargers, there may be a tiny few who are sociopaths, but the vast majority are probably just people who haven't thought through how their behavior impacts other people. Similar to the people who say insulting things to people on the internet but would never in a million years say the same things to someone's face. In person, probably most of those people are just fine. Most of the small scale problems in the world are caused by people who just aren't thinking about how their actions impact the people around them.

Last edited:
KCBS Radio Ad for Tesla $1000 Discount

Today I heard a 30 second radio spot on KCBS in the Bay Area. It was an advertisement for the $1000 rebate program, very professionally done. It referenced a website, which might have been teslaoffers.com. That is a referral link for owner staci7055.

Did anyone else hear this? Is that the correct website? I'm trying to verify if this was an ad from Tesla or just someone trying to make some rebate $$.

Strange. What's the ROI on that? How much can radio spots cost?

If Tesla did not do it , then I = 0, ROI is infinite. They use word of mouth, this seems a little extreme but its pretty cool.

Pretty sure HankLloydRight was referring to the ROI for the person placing the ad, not for Tesla. Assuming the ad was not free, I does not equal 0. Of course if the person has some sort of "in" at the radio station, the ad may have been cheap or even free, so who knows.

Ahh, common mistake to believe that optimists are not realists (I think it gets confused with 'daydreamer'). I'm usually aware of (and prepared for) all possible outcomes, but choose to be optimistic. We get what we expect, typically.

My mom once asked me why I never had any bad news to share, always upbeat. I told her there were two ways I could look at it ... poor me, left my husband, raising son on my own, putting myself thru college, no money, blah blah blah ... or I could look at it as getting an education, have a great kid and circle of supportive friends, the future is looking great. Both scenarios are the same, but the optimist sees the possibilities while dealing with the reality.

Well as long as we are having a psychological discussion... Agree that realists can be optimists, and I think I fit in that category - looks as if you do too. But there's also a class of people that I would call persistently optimistic, and they often deny others' reality. Against all odds and in any situation, they are attached to their vision, and deeply believe it is attainable. Once they commit to something, Katy bar the door... it's going to happen! These people, thank goodness, are not always realistic. They sometimes disregard common sense, balance sheets, history... because they believe so deeply. Remember the tablet computer that failed at least 10 times in the market until the iPad? Who was persistently optimistic about that? I only use that example because it's common knowledge -- I know many people personally (well... I knew Jobs too) who fit this model in less public, recognizable roles. They can be infuriating to work with and be friends with, but I admire their vision, commitment, and single-mindedness.

Ahh, common mistake to believe that optimists are not realists (I think it gets confused with 'daydreamer'). I'm usually aware of (and prepared for) all possible outcomes, but choose to be optimistic. We get what we expect, typically.
I am constantly confusing people on other forums when I use my favorite sig:
I'll See It When I Believe It

They tell me it needs fixing, then I tell them to re-read and think about it, and sometimes they do!

Missed out on this one. Been working on this married couple for over a year. Wife and I went to Iceland and the program came out. returned home , saw them a week later. Say say hey, we just ordered a Tesla.

S90
I noticed it has LTE.

IMG_3001.JPG
IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG

Well as long as we are having a psychological discussion... Agree that realists can be optimists, and I think I fit in that category - looks as if you do too. But there's also a class of people that I would call persistently optimistic, and they often deny others' reality. Against all odds and in any situation, they are attached to their vision, and deeply believe it is attainable. Once they commit to something, Katy bar the door... it's going to happen! These people, thank goodness, are not always realistic. They sometimes disregard common sense, balance sheets, history... because they believe so deeply. Remember the tablet computer that failed at least 10 times in the market until the iPad? Who was persistently optimistic about that? I only use that example because it's common knowledge -- I know many people personally (well... I knew Jobs too) who fit this model in less public, recognizable roles. They can be infuriating to work with and be friends with, but I admire their vision, commitment, and single-mindedness.

These people you talk about are also "doers". I think the combination of optimist and driven doer is pretty rare, but when they come together, they become a force to be reckoned with. I agree Jobs was one of these people. Elon Musk appears to be one too.

Most of the extreme optimists I know are dreamers who see the world through rose colored glasses and never actually do anything about it because in their mind it's already perfect. They live in an inner utopia and only get upset when the differences with the real world slap them in the face.

Today I heard a 30 second radio spot on KCBS in the Bay Area. It was an advertisement for the $1000 rebate program, very professionally done. It referenced a website, which might have been teslaoffers.com. That is a referral link for owner staci7055.

Did anyone else hear this? Is that the correct website? I'm trying to verify if this was an ad from Tesla or just someone trying to make some rebate $$.

Heard it again. The website is myteslareferral.com. Takes you directly to the Design Studio with a referral from Nicholas. Very slick.

Yep, So I missed out on the X, I still have a shot at the P90DL ^_^ With Autopilot and Ludicrous Mode! That could also provide me with another 1-2 years of YouTube Content! Anyone using my referral, this would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

To anyone who is interested in using my link. I will be following Bjorn's idea. All further referral credits I get, I will be purchasing CHAdeMO Adapters, and placing them at locations and having them available for free loan to travelers. I will be placing the first one on "Permanent Loan" at Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha, WI. They have a 80 Amp HPWC, 70 Amp J1772, and a CHAdeMO/Combo Station at 50 kWh. And a 70kW Solar Array. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marshall-Auto-Body/112599232109729

http://ts.la/christopher5460
I am picking up the first 2 adapters tomorrow when I get my car back from the service center, and will be ordering 2 more every $1000 in referral credits I get.

GRAZIE!
Kman

Status
Not open for further replies.