Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It changed again, it's no longer a year of supercharging after Sept 16th, it's now $100 of supercharging credit.

Owners can give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with the purchase of a new Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance. After September 16, 2018, full unlimited Supercharging will go away and owners will be able to give friends a $100 Supercharging credit.

• Informative
Reactions: calace01
Bye, bye referral program. $100 in free electricity isn’t even worth mentioning to the average luxury car buyer. It was so poorly run, good riddance. I have all my prizes except a wall adapter and some Powerwalls.

Never wanted a roadster because even if free, I cannot afford the second wife that is part of the package along with the obligatory “male unit” reduction surgery. ;):):p

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Will the program end on September 16th... or just get refreshed for next quarter? :cool:

Anything is possible (for good and for bad) with Tesla. I mean Tesla themselves do not even know what to do sometimes. Take for example the pricing of their M3 AWD upgrade, which went from $5K to $4K to $5K to $6K all in just a few months.

Losing $1,000 referral credit and now free supercharging. I would expect Tesla to do something to “compensate,” especially when the tax credit gets halved in january. As much as the M3 is important, they can’t let the momentum fall on selling S and X since these produce a higher margin. I would imagine they will do something in the near future to incentivize continued purchase, either by lowering price, adding new features, upgrading components, etc.

Reactions: Reeler
Anything is possible (for good and for bad) with Tesla. I mean Tesla themselves do not even know what to do sometimes. Take for example the pricing of their M3 AWD upgrade, which went from $5K to $4K to $5K to $6K all in just a few months.

Losing $1,000 referral credit and now free supercharging. I would expect Tesla to do something to “compensate,” especially when the tax credit gets halved in january. As much as the M3 is important, they can’t let the momentum fall on selling S and X since these produce a higher margin. I would imagine they will do something in the near future to incentivize continued purchase, either by lowering price, adding new features, upgrading components, etc.
I personally think one move they could make which is kind of middle ground, would be Tesla credits. So referral for specific models/trims could be SC credits around $500 - $1000, limited of course to specific things like vehicle accessories or services requiring payments.

upload_2018-9-16_19-13-26.png

In case anyone hadn't seen Elon's added emphasis today.

Last edited:
What's the general consensus on whether it's really never coming back this time? I wasn't quite ready to order my P3, but I'd really hate to miss the free supercharging.

I think it may or may not be coming back, but I guess this time, no free supercharging will last at least few months. You can at least order first and think about 3days while you still can cancel it. Please feel free to use mine if this helps. Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Status
Not open for further replies.