Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on providing incentives for referrals -- my opinion is that if you're unwilling to provide your referral code to Tesla and ask if your behavior is within the "Good Faith" guidelines, you know the answer to whether it's OK or not. Personally, I think it's a clear violation of the rules. If someone disagrees, let me know and I'll contact Tesla with your code and ask.

Speaking of rule violations, solicitation of referrals via PM at TMC (or otherwise outside of this thread) is prohibited. This behavior has increased lately and I've moved to banning members for doing it. I'm hopeful we can put some more aggressive tactics in place to stop this, because it significantly lowers the value of participation at TMC. This should be an owners' club, not a spam festival.
Thank you @ohmman for recognizing that TMC has now become a marketplace for buying and selling referral codes. I used to visit this website to see the latest issues and solutions that Tesla owners had, but now it disgusts me everytime I see someone posting "special incentive" or "venmo $$" or otherwise to hawk the use of their referral code.
Thank you again.

Reactions: ohmman
Hello - new to the community. Took delivery of an M3 LR AWD a couple weeks ago, ordered Oct 15 and didn't bother entering a referral code at the time as I was ordering hurriedly at the time while traveling. Now seems per Tesla updates Referral Program, all Model 3 eligible for free Supercharging that I can get at least some retroactive Supercharging credit with a code, planning to try to contact Tesla with a code to see if anything can be done. Have some YouTuber's I'm following but would prefer to hook someone up here if possible. If it's possible to give "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates" to someone who used your referral, I'd actually most prefer to get that. Barring that, I'm in central NJ, would also be OK to get the Radio Flyer kids-car (mine are 8 and 5, will donate when they outgrow it) if anyone local happens to be close to that level.

Hello - new to the community. Took delivery of an M3 LR AWD a couple weeks ago, ordered Oct 15 and didn't bother entering a referral code at the time as I was ordering hurriedly at the time while traveling. Now seems per Tesla updates Referral Program, all Model 3 eligible for free Supercharging that I can get at least some retroactive Supercharging credit with a code, planning to try to contact Tesla with a code to see if anything can be done. Have some YouTuber's I'm following but would prefer to hook someone up here if possible. If it's possible to give "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates" to someone who used your referral, I'd actually most prefer to get that. Barring that, I'm in central NJ, would also be OK to get the Radio Flyer kids-car (mine are 8 and 5, will donate when they outgrow it) if anyone local happens to be close to that level.

Because you have already picked up your car, I think it's extremely unlikely (like 0% chance) that you will be able to add a referral code at this point.

I had 2 referrals in December of last year, my own referral in mid September, and a 4th referral for a Model 3P at the end of September. The solar token showed up relatively soon after my delivery. However, I still don't see the wheels in there.

I'm curious if anyone else has a similar timeline and is still waiting for wheels to show up in rewards? I've emailed Tesla and they basically just said "be patient" (that was about 2 weeks ago).

--

I also inquired about whether I could get the priority access to software updates since it's impossible for me to "earn" it now. They said they can't change it.

A friend of mine who has a Model 3 asked me this, and I don't know the answer.

The award for getting three referrals is Wheels for either the Model S or X, or One Week with a Model S or X.

Does anyone know or heard is there is a option for Model 3 owners to get Model 3 wheels?

Thanks

A friend of mine who has a Model 3 asked me this, and I don't know the answer.

The award for getting three referrals is Wheels for either the Model S or X, or One Week with a Model S or X.

Does anyone know or heard is there is a option for Model 3 owners to get Model 3 wheels?

Thanks

They've said that you have to own the vehicle to get that particular version of the wheels. Model 3 owners only get the one week reward. See the bold portion at the bottom of the below quote.

You can see it on the referral program page and expanding the Frequently Asked Questions section. Referral Program

Arachnid or Turbine Wheels and One Week with a Model S or Model X
I am eligible for Arachnid or Turbine Wheels through the referral program. How can I redeem my award?
Your wheel award is contingent upon your current vehicle ownership. If you own a Model S, you will be able to select the Silver Arachnid wheels. If you own a Model X, you will be able to select the Turbine wheels in Silver or Onyx Black. Award selections can be made by accessing the Loot Box section of your Tesla App.

If you own a Model 3, you may select one week with a Model S or Model X or delay award redemption until you have a Model S or X.

I had enough referrals to receive a set of wheels for my Tesla. When should I expect delivery?
The Arachnid and Turbine wheels from the current and previous phases of the program are currently in transit to local Service Centers around the world. Fulfillment times will vary by region, though on average, wheels will ship six to eight weeks after the award has been selected. Once they arrive, our Service team will contact recipients to set up an installation appointment.

Note: Awards destined for Europe and Asia-Pacific may experience a longer transit time due to shipping overseas and passing through customs on their way to delivery locations.

Can I exchange my Arachnid wheels for Turbine wheels and vice versa?
You may only select award wheels corresponding to your current vehicle ownership. For example, Model X owners may only choose Turbine wheels. If you currently own both the Model S and Model X, you may choose between the Turbine or Arachnid wheels for your award.

If you own a Model 3 vehicle, you may select one week with a Model S or Model X or delay award redemption until you have a Model S or X.

Reactions: NJ Plugin
Apologies if this has been answered already. If you hit 5 referrals and open up the secret levels, and then the referral program changes (without resetting the counter as has happened the last few times) you aren't able to collect additional rewards correct?

Once you hit 5, at that point anything past only counts towards the roadster discount yes?

Apologies if this has been answered already. If you hit 5 referrals and open up the secret levels, and then the referral program changes (without resetting the counter as has happened the last few times) you aren't able to collect additional rewards correct?

Once you hit 5, at that point anything past only counts towards the roadster discount yes?

I heard they closed out the secret levels if you didn't reach them by 10/5/18. Not confirmed personally as I am waiting for my 5th delivery.

Correct. In the past, the referral program would reset every couple of months and you were eligible for any new physical prizes. For most of 2017 and 2018, the program hasn't reset. This allows more people to get physical prizes...but reduces the number of prizes each individual can earn.

Correct. In the past, the referral program would reset every couple of months and you were eligible for any new physical prizes. For most of 2017 and 2018, the program hasn't reset. This allows more people to get physical prizes...but reduces the number of prizes each individual can earn.

I heard they closed out the secret levels if you didn't reach them by 10/5/18. Not confirmed personally as I am waiting for my 5th delivery.

I got 5 referrals before the Oct 5th date, and have 3 additional ones since then. Because of the changes to the program it worked out that I earned two sets of rims (which I have now collected on). Would have loved 2 powerwalls, but not complaining. :cool:.

Just was wondering if I could somehow get the glass plate in space thing or if it's not in the cards.

Yes to the Roadster discount, but also to the additional secret level "experience" prizes: Drive an Electric Boring Machine, Watch a SpaceX Rocket Launch, Race the Tesla Semi and Launch a Time Capsule into Space.

Of course, no information has been provided about any of these prizes.

I had 2 referrals in December of last year, my own referral in mid September, and a 4th referral for a Model 3P at the end of September. The solar token showed up relatively soon after my delivery. However, I still don't see the wheels in there.

I'm curious if anyone else has a similar timeline and is still waiting for wheels to show up in rewards? I've emailed Tesla and they basically just said "be patient" (that was about 2 weeks ago).

--

I also inquired about whether I could get the priority access to software updates since it's impossible for me to "earn" it now. They said they can't change it.

Hi do you have the right count of cars across all your referrals? I.e. delivered, ordered, etc. If you do then your wheels will appear in your loot box at some point, I think there are a few manual processes lurking in the system & sometimes they get behind. Also the referral wheels ship with summer rubber on them so they may not actually send them out to you now until spring. I think mine arrived in May from a Dec referral last year.

• Informative
Reactions: alexdav
Status
Not open for further replies.