Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're saying isn't that difficult to figure out it's just math. my Chevy volt could do it. It used to be able to tell what miles came from the plug and what came from the gasoline-powered generator in the car. If the car has to travel several additional miles in between being connected to a supercharger the algorithms are going to know the car went further than the electrons it received from the last supercharge session would allow. I'm pretty sure that it could be done and probably is being done.

Not really. Which electrons get used first? The destination charger electrons or the Supercharger electrons?

It's all in one container. They're all identical. The Volt can figure out gas vs electrons because they're different things.

If the car has to travel several additional miles in between being connected to a supercharger the algorithms are going to know the car went further than the electrons it received from the last supercharge session would allow.

Think about it. There are dozens of factors that go into energy use and consumption. It's not just A+B=C. You're trying to find out what A and B are when you're only given C. That's impossible.

Think about it. There are dozens of factors that go into energy use and consumption. It's not just A+B=C. You're trying to find out what A and B are when you're only given C. That's impossible.

And if you are half filled from a destination charger and half from a Supercharger and then regen down a hill does that count toward Supercharged miles or not? :rolleyes:

The only reasonable way to do it is to give you a kWh credit based on your car. Remember they used to offer 400kWh/year but they also claimed that was ~1,500 miles. (At least that is what I recall.)

Ok, I did a little searching and the Supercharging FAQ says:

My Tesla includes 400kWh of credits annually—how do those work?
Certain Model S and X vehicles ordered before November 2, 2018 include annual Supercharger credits of 400kWh, or roughly 1,000 miles. For usage above the complimentary annual credits, a small fee applies to Supercharge. Credits replenish automatically on the anniversary of your delivery or known ownership transfer. Unused credits do not rollover to the next year and you can view your vehicle’s Supercharger credit status by logging into your Tesla Account.

So it sounds like they consider 400kWh equal to 1,000 miles.

Not really. Which electrons get used first? The destination charger electrons or the Supercharger electrons?

It's all in one container. They're all identical. The Volt can figure out gas vs electrons because they're different things.

Actually they weren't my volt used its gasoline engine to generate electricity to send to the battery pack. but in any case doesn't matter. I still don't see it as being that difficult it wouldn't matter what electrons were used first when you're dealing with a fixed quantity of electrons that came from a supercharger when X is gone it's gone so that means any other travel the car is doing must have come from another source.

Or as has been said it's just a flat number 400 kilowatts per year and that's it. regardless of how efficient your car is or isn't or how you use them, and you get what you get mileage wise. Roughly 1k miles

I am going to find a race track with a supercharger near by. I will trailer my Tesla to that location. Then, I will drive 1000 miles at max speed to get the most out of my benefit. I get my Model 3 on Friday so any tips would be great on this. ;)

No surprise here... https://electrek.co/2019/03/28/tesla-losses-head-of-growth-referral-program/

Tesla’s head of growth and the executive behind the automaker’s owner referral program has left the company this week, according to sources talking to Electrek. CEO Elon Musk cited high costs when shutting down the program earlier this month and the team relaunched it with much more reasonable prizes just a week ago. Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Arichandran quit Tesla this week. He has a new job lined up to be announced shortly.

To be fair, the turnover rate is fairly high in Silicon Valley and even more so in the sectors that Tesla operates in. Tesla has yet to respond to a request for comment and Arichandran has declined to comment until his position at the new company is announced.

Just got an email from someone at Tesla regarding my referral Powerwall (I haven’t contacted them about this, so this was initiated by them):

According to the address on file, it appears that you reside in an area currently outside of our service zone or reside in a property type that restricts Powerwall installations. As a result of these constraints, we would like to offer you one of the following in lieu of the Powerwall:

1. $5500 in Tesla credit. Credit expires 12 months after date of issue and can be used towards service, vehicle accessories, and new Tesla products. Credits cannot be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments.

2. Project Hold. We can place your Founders Series Powerwall project on a hold until Tesla or a certified installer is able to install the Founders Series Powerwall in your area. At this point, we are unable to give a timeline for when either we expand to your area or when there will be a certified installer in your area. The hold will expire in 12 months or when a Certified Installer becomes available in your area/Tesla opens your area to energy service, whichever comes first. Upon expiry, the award will be forfeit.

Please let me know by April 1, 2019 which of these options you would prefer.

So I’m pretty much forced to take the credit because if I do the hold and they can’t install it in the next year, I get nothing, which is not something I’m willing to risk. And since I don’t intend on buying another Tesla within the next year, I guess I have to find other stuff to use the credit for.

So I’m pretty much forced to take the credit because if I do the hold and they can’t install it in the next year, I get nothing, which is not something I’m willing to risk. And since I don’t intend on buying another Tesla within the next year, I guess I have to find other stuff to use the credit for.

You could ask if you can put it on hold, and if in 6 months they still aren't able to start your project if you can change and request the credit then.

Just got an email from someone at Tesla regarding my referral Powerwall (I haven’t contacted them about this, so this was initiated by them):

I got the same email. I emailed back asking for clarification. The way it's written, it says if you elect to wait, after 12 months if they still aren't installing powerwalls in your area, you're just screwed. I have to imagine that if you wait, then at the end of 12 months they'd convert it to a credit. But that's not how it's written. It's also weird that they're putting this 12 month deadline on it when there's still a lot of people that are actually in the service areas that are still waiting on their powerwalls.

The whole situation is crappy. Most of us asked about getting a credit a while ago, and were told no (even though some people got a credit). I wanted to use the credit towards my Model 3. Now that I already bought a Model 3 a couple of months ago, Tesla is finally willing to give me a credit, but the credit will expire in 12 months. I just got my 3 so I don't plan on buying a new car anytime soon.

I understand offering a credit less than the retail price of the powerwall for people who just don't want it since they don't offer any credit for the other prizes. But it sucks for people want the powerwall, but Tesla won't give it to them because they don't do installs in that area. I think those people should get the full retail price. Or be able to give/sell the powerwall to someone else that lives in an area where Tesla installs them.

I'll give an update once I hear back. Hopefully Tesla updates their options.

Now can we all get back to what this thread is all about? Spamming referral codes!

I got the same email. I emailed back asking for clarification. The way it's written, it says if you elect to wait, after 12 months if they still aren't installing powerwalls in your area, you're just screwed. I have to imagine that if you wait, then at the end of 12 months they'd convert it to a credit. But that's not how it's written. It's also weird that they're putting this 12 month deadline on it when there's still a lot of people that are actually in the service areas that are still waiting on their powerwalls.

The whole situation is crappy. Most of us asked about getting a credit a while ago, and were told no (even though some people got a credit). I wanted to use the credit towards my Model 3. Now that I already bought a Model 3 a couple of months ago, Tesla is finally willing to give me a credit, but the credit will expire in 12 months. I just got my 3 so I don't plan on buying a new car anytime soon.

I understand offering a credit less than the retail price of the powerwall for people who just don't want it since they don't offer any credit for the other prizes. But it sucks for people want the powerwall, but Tesla won't give it to them because they don't do installs in that area. I think those people should get the full retail price. Or be able to give/sell the powerwall to someone else that lives in an area where Tesla installs them.

I'll give an update once I hear back. Hopefully Tesla updates their options.

Now can we all get back to what this thread is all about? Spamming referral codes!
You wish is my command! Lol

1,000 miles of free Supercharging

It sounded to me like they just wanted to clear these rewards off their books one way or another within a year. They wanted a choice by Monday so hopefully one of us gets more clarification.

Here's a video from Exploration Tower:

And one from the "Feel the Heat" (Saturn V Center) where we were for the first FH launch:

IMHO, the launch referral award is nice, but if I'm going to go fly to Florida for another FH launch, I'd pay the $200pp for the FTH location. Totally worth it. Includes admission to the KSC, a bus tour of the area, and lunch at the SVC before the launch.

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
Hearing that we should get a better view of the landing from Exploration Tower. Are you still considering?

Here's a video from Exploration Tower:

And one from the "Feel the Heat" (Saturn V Center) where we were for the first FH launch:

IMHO, the launch referral award is nice, but if I'm going to go fly to Florida for another FH launch, I'd pay the $200pp for the FTH location. Totally worth it. Includes admission to the KSC, a bus tour of the area, and lunch at the SVC before the launch.

Dang seems

Status
Not open for further replies.