Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for real...

Yes, there is a page about it on Tesla website here.

Referral Program

Anyone who orders a new Model S before October 31st using the referral link of a current owner will get $1,000 off the purchase price. In return, the current owner will get a $1,000 discount that can be applied to a new car, service center visit or accessory. Referral discounts are limited to ten and are awarded on a first to purchase basis. New orders must be placed prior to October 31, 2015.
In addition, those who make five referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to attend the Gigafactory grand opening party. Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving. The first person to make ten referrals will get a fully loaded Model X for free.
We know that without our customers we would not be where we are today. This is our way of thanking you for continuing to build the Tesla community.
Limits
You must be a current Tesla owner to make referrals and cannot refer yourself. Discounts will be available for you to use when your friend’s order becomes non-refundable. You can use discounts toward a service center visit for your Tesla, to buy accessories or even a new Model S. Discounts are not transferrable and cannot be used to make monthly payments, purchase pre-owned Model S, or reserve Model X.
Free Model X
The first person to refer ten friends in each sales region— North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific — will receive a free Model X. They will be invited to configure their Model X once all ten friends have taken delivery of their new Model S.
Gigafactory Grand Opening Party
The Gigafactory grand opening party will take place in Nevada at a date to be determined in April 2016. Customers who make five referrals will receive two tickets to attend the grand opening party. These customers will be responsible for the cost of their own travel, lodging, and other incidentals. Tesla will provide transport to and from Reno, Nevada for the grand opening party.
Redemption
Discounts will automatically be applied to the purchase price of any new Model S. Discounts on service and accessories will be available beginning August 15, 2015. Remaining discounts will expire on December 31, 2016.
Good Faith
We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold credits, discounts or other awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

Last edited:
For those that are not comfortable having the referral hang over your evangelizing, just don't bring it up. If you don't tell them about the referral it's no different than if the program didn't exist. If they're interested enough to buy and happen to find out on their own that they could save $1k by asking you for your link, all the better for you when they come to you later and you don't look sleazy.

I agree. There should be a site-wide ban on solicitation posts like this - or take any other form except for maybe people's sigs.. and even that I find a little bit over the edge, since EVERYONE will now have a referral link in their sigs.

As the page on the Tesla site mentions that this must be done in good faith, I imagine that they would object to spreading links to strangers like that...but then I'm not really sure how they would find out!

Also, thanks to those who responded to my request for the e-mail text.

So, refer 10 and get a Founder edition...And the promotion ends at the end of October.

So...when do founders get their cars again? hmm...

I had the same thought. Did Elon just unintentionally tell us when founders will get their cars? Of course they could build a "founders" edition car anytime they want. They don't have to be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.