Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really Bonnie is that right? I haven't seen a single other post from anyone offering complete strangers their full $1000 credit from Tesla to help people lower the cost of ownership just that much more and get them on board.

Have you? Everyone else seems happy to keep their $1000 credit from Tesla.

She already did.

Absolutely. I can't in good faith take the credit. So I'll just share the good fortune with the new lucky owner. Makes it even more fun to tell people about the car.

There was also the discussion about using the funds to buy chargers and donate them.

Really Bonnie is that right? I haven't seen a single other post from anyone offering complete strangers their full $1000 credit from Tesla to help people lower the cost of ownership just that much more and get them on board.

Well, let me help you then:

Thanks. This and Bonnie's reasoning helps. I just can't say I won't benefit if I end up getting to order a founder series or get a free Model X. Being up front about it would go without saying and if I were to do it I'd certainly think passing along the credit somehow would help.

Absolutely. I can't in good faith take the credit. So I'll just share the good fortune with the new lucky owner. Makes it even more fun to tell people about the car.

Totally agree!

I have mixed emotions on the referral program, I have always promoted the brand to everyone I meet that wants info. If you love the company and car for what it is you do not need compensation to sell or buy one. I hope no one goes over the top on trying to make some money on having someone buy a Tesla. Personally will continue my promotion of the company and its mission and really do not want compensation. It feels to much like a game show and to me cheapens the brand, I hope after October were are done with it.

Folks, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tesla used to give out HPWCs to Roadster owners who referred someone else to buy a Roadster.

Furthermore, this led to folks donating the HPWCs that eventually formed the network of HPWCs in the West Coast that enabled longer distance travel?

So, for those that don't want to use the accessory credit/service credit or whatever, you can always do something like that.

As for individual tire pressure, agreed... We already get that on the Roadster, should do it on the S as well.

It's BS that the mods are pulling down posts with referral incentives from owners. Don't you think Elon wants owners to go nuts soliciting potential buyers. Seriously...how is this a problem? I think it's a win-win for Tesla and buyers. Mods obviously have too much time on their hands to police threads....

So 1) soliciting people who were buying anyway (which is why people are here) is not exactly what Elon was hoping would happen - I suspect he's hoping that NEW customers are brought in, 2) soliciting on this forum is a TOS issue, and 3) I'm not a moderator (yay!).

If you want to go nuts soliciting POTENTIAL buyers, do it! But hanging out here to pick up referrals is just lazy.

Now this is entertainment.

We can sit back and watch a user with a handful of posts over three years come out of the woodwork when money is involved to attack one of the forum's most well-liked and well-respected long-time members over an issue that pretty much everyone agrees he (or she) is in the wrong about!

My advice, FTLRKT would be to quit while you're behind.

So 1) soliciting people who were buying anyway (which is why people are here) is not exactly what Elon was hoping would happen - I suspect he's hoping that NEW customers are brought in, 2) soliciting on this forum is a TOS issue, and 3) I'm not a moderator (yay!).

If you want to go nuts soliciting POTENTIAL buyers, do it! But hanging out here to pick up referrals is just lazy.

Lots of people who are on this board are not current owners. Many are people who are thinking about buying and are reading the board for info.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is entertainment.

We can sit back and watch a user with a handful of posts over three years come out of the woodwork when money is involved to attack one of the forum's most well-liked and well-respected long-time members over an issue that pretty much everyone agrees he (or she) is in the wrong about! My advice, FTLRKT would be to quit while you're behind.

Sorry but I'm siding with FTLRKT here. Not everyone is drinking the board Kool Aid. And what difference does it make if someone has a handful of posts? Does that make their limited contribution any less valuable?

Lots of people who are on this board are not current owners. Many are people who are thinking about buying and are reading the board for info.

Again, just lazy. Soliciting referrals here is doing absolutely nothing to drive up sales. Make some posts to convince people on the fence as to why they should give up an ICE. Show up at different events and talk about your Tesla. Hand out your referral code. Meet the intent instead of just trying to find an easy way to beat the system. That's all.

Sorry but I'm siding with FTLRKT here. Not everyone is drinking the board Kool Aid. And what difference does it make if someone has a handful of posts? Does that make their limited contribution any less valuable?

No need to apologize.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure if someone on this board needs a referral link they won't have to ask very hard to get one. Here's an experiment. First person to get their referral link in my PM box wins.

Hah! Referral links are littering the ground right now. Can hardly move without tripping over one :).

I hope, really hope, that whoever wins the various incentives, that they are the folks that have been out their giving their personal time to show their car, talk about the company, and really earned it. I'd hate to see it go to someone trying to game the system (and I suspect Tesla would disqualify them anyway).

Hah! Referral links are littering the ground right now. Can hardly move without tripping over one :).

Amazingly I haven't received one yet. Guess I can't compete with the $1000 or discounted Model X.

I hope, really hope, that whoever wins the various incentives, that they are the folks that have been out their giving their personal time to show their car, talk about the company, and really earned it. I'd hate to see it go to someone trying to game the system (and I suspect Tesla would disqualify them anyway).

I agree.

The fact the FLTRKT is so persistent in trying to give away $1000 per referral makes it sound really scammy. No contracts, no recourse, it makes the perfect soup for Internet fraud. Take the money and run.

Let's just call a spade a spade. The reason for being persistent in sharing it isn't to give away the $1000. It's to get a Founder Model X (discounted or free). You can't buy one of those if you wanted it. So it's not some charitable action.

That's not what I meant. I posted and suggested that getting a code would be easy and said the first person to put one in my PM box wins in an effort to illustrate that there would be no lack of people willing to give a code to someone that wanted $1000 off the car.

breser, if any of us thought you really wanted one, we'd inundate you. I thought it was rhetorical.

My 2 cents: $1000 off could be just the thing to push someone over the edge...maybe. Even if they've been lurking on the forum pining. Whereas 1000$ off of an expensive car to someone who had no previous thoughts about it...pretty neutral.

Additionally - clicking my own link takes me to the design studio. Is there anyway to use the referral on a CPO / Inventory car from Tesla's website?

Last edited:
My 2 cents: $1000 off could be just the thing to push someone over the edge...maybe. Even if they've been lurking on the forum pining.

Additionally - clicking my own link takes me to the design studio. Is there anyway to use the referral on a CPO / Inventory car from Tesla's website?

Please read the earlier part of the post or the blog post. This is only on new Model S purchase.

breser, if any of us thought you really wanted one, we'd inundate you. I thought it was rhetorical.

Yeah but I still figured I'd had some wiseguys that'd send it anyway and ask what they'd won.

Wonder if Tesla considers previous or current owners eligible for the discount. I.E. if I wanted to add a 2nd Model S to my garage would I be able to get a referral code from someone here and use it? I'm guessing that falls under their good faith clause and they'd withhold the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.