Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would use it to upgrade my S when they have a better deal (which will come for us patient folks), or to buy a Model X or to buy the extended warranty if that better trade in deal doesn't materialize.

But don't the referral credits expire at the end of 2016? Or has that been extended?

- - - Updated - - -

New tires?

None of the tires TM offers are tires one would buy. :)

My 2014 S does not have Auto pilot, so my plan is to use the credit on Dec 31 2016 to buy a new Model S. Hopefully, it will have it's next update by then. I can't justify driving a $150k X, so will I be selling the Founders shortly. It will be fun to drive for a few weeks though.

That's more like it.

Hypothetically, say someone already has the 8 year pre-paid service plan, the ESA, the LTE and power folding mirror retrofits, and a Chademo adapter, what else could one possibly get for $2,000 of credit that fits those categories, and doesn't want to buy a new S or X? Also, don't need a HPWC or UMC.

Easy.
Donate - or loan - a Destination CHAdeMO Adapter to a deserving Public CHAdeMO Station where it will help fill in an area unserved, or under-served, by Superchargers.

Its been sitting at my local SC for 3 weeks. (long story) I'm not sure I can wait any longer. I am planning on selling it in a few weeks and the premium for Model X's goes down every day as they pump our new Model X's. I am afraid my window is very small to maximise the selling price.

I don't think the inverter or any switching equipment is included in the "installation". For the referral awards, I think all you will get is the powerwall itself, and some sort of basic installation allowance. If your specific install requires significantly more work, you'll be paying for that, as well as the inverter.

Just conjecture or do you know what installation includes? It must include wiring and something to make it work as at least a home backup battery.

Just conjecture or do you know what installation includes? It must include wiring and something to make it work as at least a home backup battery.

A little of both. When Powerwall was launched, everyone was talking about how the price did not include the inverter or any additional equipment. But in terms of the referral awards, I just don't think Tesla is going to give a blank check on installation costs to all the referral winners. I know my situation here is non-typical -- a longer run from the breaker boxes to the powerwall mounting location, as well as the fact that both our breaker boxes are full, so if they'll likely need to move a lot of circuits around and possibly add a third break box somewhere else. Installation could be several thousand dollars. So I think Tesla might give you say, $750 towards installation, and the rest is on you. Plus the inverter.

Power is very stable around here (we'd be using the PW for power outage backup, not daily power shifting as we don't have solar here). It's something that might kick in once every two years or so, for up to two days max. For that, I'm much more tempted just to take the $3500 and deal with some spoiled food.

Referral program 3.0

Surprised I've not seen this mentioned already (or at least I could not find it if it has):

Spread the electric revolution and you could win a Ludicrous P90D Model X and a private tour of SpaceX.

Until April 15, 2016, Tesla owners will each have the opportunity to give up to 3 friends a credit of $1,200 toward the cost of their home charging installation. Anyone who uses a valid referral code to purchase a new Model S and takes delivery by April 15, 2016 will be eligible for the credit.

Even better, each qualified referral you make gives you an opportunity to win a referral program giveaway::

Referral Program | Tesla Motors

Where do I find my referral link?

I wondered that myself. Even my 5 referrals from 2.0 are gone.

I'm guessing that since the site just went up (I could not find it early this afternoon) and since there's no obvious link (as I post this) to the referral 3.0 page the page is not yet complete.

Update: Just noticed that you do not have to be logged in to see the page so you do not have to be an owner to see it. Guessing only a page linked to through a My Tesla account will see the code.

Last edited:
Yep, no referral code available on "My Tesla" site... I suppose they´re working on it.

Isn´t it odd that they say "Related Model S order must be placed after February 16, 2016 and delivered by April 15, 2016 for a referral code to qualify" ? That means less than 2 months delivery time.
If I place an order online now for a 90D or P90D I get the car in May (I live in Norway)... so it would be impossible for the referral code to qualify. Or did I misunderstand things?

Status
Not open for further replies.