Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 189787 View attachment 189787
I was under the impression that there is an 'extension' of the referral program and you don't start at zero. Like I had five initially and am now at 6 referrals after getting one more after the extension

My referral count went from 5 (capped) to 6 (at renewal) to 1 (few days after renewal).
I emailed Tesla, and they did confirm to me that this new program reset my counter to zero.
This is the first hand info I have received.

My referral went from zero to zero ;)... Have had a crazy year and haven't been posting or really contributing... Such is life sometimes. On my second annual Virginia to Florida road trip (did 875 miles today) will be in cocoa beach tomorrow for the space x launch... Good times are back

My referral count went from 5 (capped) to 6 (at renewal) to 1 (few days after renewal).
I emailed Tesla, and they did confirm to me that this new program reset my counter to zero.
This is the first hand info I have received.

I can confirm this as well. My referral count also went to six then back to one when I got my first new referral. I e-mailed Tesla about it and they called me up and confirmed on the phone that it's a completely new referral program, and you can win all the prizes all over again.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxena
Mine, was at 5 and now doesn't show a count at all not even a zero. I didn't have the option for the wheels in the survey I got a week ago so I email tesla yesterday and waiting to hear back.
Nothing is zero. You will see 1 once you get another

I checked with all my referrals and found out one of them couldn't use the link since someone online used it and seemed to have cancelled. Sucks though but I'm at 2 now so just need 3 more haha

Referral | Tesla

As above, I'm becoming so irritated with the lack of any details from Tesla on this program and prior.

Who won any of the Model Xs?

When I won a radio contest for a cruise, I had to agree to release my name, photo and for it to be used in marketing. So, who won what? We need some transparency.

No reply to emails to Tesla.

As above, I'm becoming so irritated with the lack of any details from Tesla on this program and prior.

Who won any of the Model Xs?

When I won a radio contest for a cruise, I had to agree to release my name, photo and for it to be used in marketing. So, who won what? We need some transparency.

No reply to emails to Tesla.

It's the lack of visibility in regards to who wins the BIG prize that leads me to believe that this "drawing/raffle" is just a cover up to allow Tesla to choose who they want to give a free car to, with other motives/factors being at play. If they had a live stream of the drawing that would be different but the fact that there is no information makes me think differently about this.

Look at the history of this prize, 2 of the winners were big YouTube channel owners when the contest was visible and quantitative. Another winner seemed to have won a drawing but was complaining on the TM boards that he was liable for taxes on the "free" car. Tesla worked it out with him and my suspicion is that they don't want that issue anymore so they may be selecting people who they know can take care of the taxes. Just a theory, but that's all we are left with in this situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.