Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mine out in the snow here in Portland about 10 days ago. I didn't have anything but the tires that came on it and it handled better than any car I've ever driven in the snow. My SO is a die hard Subaru fan and she was driving the Tesla because it cruised right on through icy patches where the Subaru would be all over the road. The first day after the storm the only vehicles on the road were trucks (4X4s), Subarus and Teslas.

Reactions: McMuggets
McMuggets, I'm from Calgary, how's the Tesla drive in the snow? Oil guys must hating you for getting a Tesla and gas guys will hate you for the Powerwall. Good luck on that.

Lol, I've surprisingly gotten very little "hate" (but still hopeful it won't happen). Oil guys usually are curious and once they find out the Tesla performs better than gas cars in the snow, cold winter, etc. they are intrigued enough to check out our local store. Once they find out the Tesla can outperform the best of gas cars, then they are really intrigued and realize they had this misconception about what electric is capable of. A lot of this is due to the incumbent auto companies making quirky/dumb/weird electric cars in the past in order to basically make consumers dislike electric and stick with their gas offerings. Some want to convert to buying a Tesla but the social pressure from their "oil circle of friends" prevent it. Tesla is making very good inroads into the Alberta market, it's only a matter of time until people realize that a Benz AMG burning premium fuel, performing less, and costing way more to maintain makes no sense. Superchargers are popping up in strategic places as well.

http://ts.la/john3598

Reactions: SmartElectric
I had mine out in the snow here in Portland about 10 days ago. I didn't have anything but the tires that came on it and it handled better than any car I've ever driven in the snow. My SO is a die hard Subaru fan and she was driving the Tesla because it cruised right on through icy patches where the Subaru would be all over the road. The first day after the storm the only vehicles on the road were trucks (4X4s), Subarus and Teslas.

It's funny you say that. I used to drive a Subaru myself and it was one of the best cars I've ever driven in deep snow, slush, ice, etc. I wasn't expecting the Tesla to beat it... but now it feels like the Tesla not only beat my Subaru experience it absolutely shattered it. Now if only the price of the darn cars wasn't so high we would be seeing a lot more Tesla's out in winter environments. Instant start and instant cabin heat in super sub-zero temperatures has been excellent.

It's funny you say that. I used to drive a Subaru myself and it was one of the best cars I've ever driven in deep snow, slush, ice, etc. I wasn't expecting the Tesla to beat it... but now it feels like the Tesla not only beat my Subaru experience it absolutely shattered it. Now if only the price of the darn cars wasn't so high we would be seeing a lot more Tesla's out in winter environments. Instant start and instant cabin heat in super sub-zero temperatures has been excellent.

My money is on the extra 1200-1500 lbs the Model S has over most Subarus. Not dissing the Subaru, just saying AWD + a lot of extra weight makes a huge different in handling.

I have just setup a test website where people can subscribe and submit their $1000 referral codes.
A standard place to go where people who aren't owners yet can get the $1000 deal and help existing owners get their points up.
Maybe frowned upon to post-by-post for each individual, how do you feel about having a central spot where current and active codes can be made public - forever?
Just an idea....this way we can all have our codes in one place and maybe get that Tesla Wall :)

• Helpful
Reactions: LuckyX
Does anyone know when the "gifts" from the last program will be shipped? I have 4 out of nine cars delivered but have not received anything. Not from the last and not from the one before that. Very strange. Now that they changed MyTesla to see all the deliveries, its pretty easy to follow up on the deliveries ;)

Did anyone get 10 referrals with no cancellations. I bet not many. EM could host those folks for dinner at his house I bet without getting any folding chairs from the basement. Unobtanium plated dinnerware.

I have eight confirmed deliveries and two pending for the program that was between July and October. I also have two cancellations in that program, but they cancelled before the end of the program so I had time to recruit two new. I wouldn't mind a dinner at Elon's :)

Also, interestingly enough, I have six confirmed deliveries for the program that was from May to July. Still haven't heard a single word about the Arachnids though. I'm switching from winter tires to summer tires in April, so I really hope I get them before then.

I have eight confirmed deliveries and two pending for the program that was between July and October. I also have two cancellations in that program, but they cancelled before the end of the program so I had time to recruit two new.

I had cancellations before the end of the program, but my counter then showed the max. I bet I could have replaced the cancellations if it were working properly. Hopefully the redesigned dashboard allows for that.

I thought I would share some photos of owning a Tesla in Sweden.
All photos of the Tesla adventure so far are finally up and there will for sure be lots more.

Next project is to clear coat the rear calipers and to attach some discrete mudflaps at the front.

Have fun!

/Anders

The code/link below gives you $1000 US off your next Tesla purchase (it works with all currencies) :)

Referral | Tesla

20161001_184749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.