Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine too. I see that 3 of my referrals haven't taken delivery yet, and I need one more to take delivery in order to get the powerwall. If I take the survey now, will it be based upon assuming that they will take delivery? Or should I wait a few more days hoping one more will take delivery, just in case the survey excludes the powerwall?

Tesla please ship out the rims already. It's been so long and I'd love to put the new shoes on. Anyone get there's yet?

No one on TMC has confirmed receiving the Arachnid rims ... going on 7 months now :cool:

Just got mine too. I see that 3 of my referrals haven't taken delivery yet, and I need one more to take delivery in order to get the powerwall. If I take the survey now, will it be based upon assuming that they will take delivery? Or should I wait a few more days hoping one more will take delivery, just in case the survey excludes the powerwall?

I would recommend that you complete the survey ... then check your status at MyTesla on a daily basis :cool:

Did the survey ask what flavor of Powerwall you want (AC or DC) or any hints about shipping or timing?
It asked if you wanted to add them to existing solar, new solar or just a battery backup to house (partial or full). I don't remember seeing anything about timing. You could also indicate if you were not interested in the VIP lunch or Powerwall.

There was a survey asking about referral program satisfaction, etc. as well.

Just got mine as well. I took the survey afterwards too.
Did you offer any ideas for their future referral awards?

I am thinking about what to ask for: SC credits....I dont need them but it might incent others, spaceX tour.....i've done it and would highly reccomend, solar roof tiles...YES, driving gloves....meh, racetrack driving.....YES, seats in the tesla suite at the teslasphere......YES

we need to juice up the award programs.

Just take it now and it will ask you about all options you are eligible for. If someone cancels, they'll just not send you that award.

Did you offer any ideas for their future referral awards?

I am thinking about what to ask for: SC credits....I dont need them but it might incent others, spaceX tour.....i've done it and would highly reccomend, solar roof tiles...YES, driving gloves....meh, racetrack driving.....YES, seats in the tesla suite at the teslasphere......YES

we need to juice up the award programs.
I did mention earning credits towards a solar roof and wished the rewards were cumulative, similar to what they implemented this program, but allow you to keep banking them. If someone can get a few referrals over a couple years, they deserve something but right now the counts reset every program and lots of people won't ever get a physical award...or they keep getting bag after bag.

I should be winning the PW2 also. 5 delivered, 3 or 4 more ordered.

I can't use it...but of course I want it, and will sell it. Unless I knew what the possible credit would be...but they don't mention that.

So....should I try and sell it now and have it shipped directly to the buyer....but that means I need to sell it by Feb 10 apparently?

Or wait, have it delivered to me then sell it without such the rush?

I did mention earning credits towards a solar roof and wished the rewards were cumulative, similar to what they implemented this program, but allow you to keep banking them. If someone can get a few referrals over a couple years, they deserve something but right now the counts reset every program and lots of people won't ever get a physical award...or they keep getting bag after bag.

With the program started in January they now have some prizes for year long totals.

I got my prize e-mail yesterday too. I initially clicked just 2 people for the VIP tour, but remembered I know a lot of people in the Bay Area and would almost certainly be able to get another two people.

Nobody has taken delivery yet, I think everyone who used my code was outside the US, so it may be a while until they all take delivery. I could afford one cancellation and still get the VIP tour, but I won't invite anyone until I'm sure the tour is going to happen.

Reactions: bonnie
I had 4 referrals from the program that ended 15 January. All ordered, none delivered yet. Have not received an email or anything but think I qualify for prizes under the last program (or do your referrals have to take delivery before you get credit and awards?). Anyone have a suggestion/point of contact I should reach out to?

I had 4 referrals from the program that ended 15 January. All ordered, none delivered yet. Have not received an email or anything but think I qualify for prizes under the last program (or do your referrals have to take delivery before you get credit and awards?). Anyone have a suggestion/point of contact I should reach out to?

Did you check your award status on MyTesla?
You will be able to see when the status changes from ordered to delivered :cool:

upload_2017-2-3_21-5-44.png

I went to the SC to have my 12V battery replaced yesterday, and all of a sudden they told me my Arachnid wheels had arrived and they could put them on. When they were done, it turned out that they had the wrong color on file and had put silver ones on instead of gray.

I told them unfortunately there was a mix-up with the color, and they responded they only came in silver. I showed them screenshots from other referrers displaying the color selection part of the awards survey, and they told me I'd have to get in touch with headquarters. Last night someone from the referral program replied to me and basically told me that after "extensive digging and research" they found my selection in their system, which was definitely silver. I never even considered silver (was torn between gray and black) and don't consider myself too stupid to tick the right one out of 3 checkboxes...

Unfortunately I also realized I don't have any proof of my selection, thanks to Tesla not sending out a detailed confirmation email, just mentioning that "your weekender bag, jacket, and Arachnid wheels" will be custom-made according to your selections"...

The person with the referral program basically told me politely to suck it up ("These are made to order and there is no back stock. The Arachnid wheels are extremely exclusive and a badge of honor for our most prolific referrers").

I cannot believe that they don't even bother once to verify that their system recored the selection for a $7k+ item correctly and then are completely unwilling to even consider having them repainted or help me out in any way after having referred well over 30 people and not gotten anything so far besides a tiny weekender bag and a flashy jacket that I'll never wear ("Look at me, I'm a TESLA OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!").

Really frustrated with this company that I love so much otherwise :/

Did anyone have a similar experience or wants to swap their gray rims for silver ones? I had them take them back off at the SC and went home with my old stock rims until this is resolved (or not).

Best,
Ben

Reactions: Steve S
Ben, sorry to hear about your woes with Tesla. (not surprised based on their prior customer service)
I have been waiting for 7 months for my wheels and took a screenshot of my grey selection ... hope mine are correct. :cool:
Award 3.PNG

I went to the SC to have my 12V battery replaced yesterday, and all of a sudden they told me my Arachnid wheels had arrived and they could put them on. When they were done, it turned out that they had the wrong color on file and had put silver ones on instead of gray.

I told them unfortunately there was a mix-up with the color, and they responded they only came in silver. I showed them screenshots from other referrers displaying the color selection part of the awards survey, and they told me I'd have to get in touch with headquarters. Last night someone from the referral program replied to me and basically told me that after "extensive digging and research" they found my selection in their system, which was definitely silver. I never even considered silver (was torn between gray and black) and don't consider myself too stupid to tick the right one out of 3 checkboxes...

Unfortunately I also realized I don't have any proof of my selection, thanks to Tesla not sending out a detailed confirmation email, just mentioning that "your weekender bag, jacket, and Arachnid wheels" will be custom-made according to your selections"...

The person with the referral program basically told me politely to suck it up ("These are made to order and there is no back stock. The Arachnid wheels are extremely exclusive and a badge of honor for our most prolific referrers").

I cannot believe that they don't even bother once to verify that their system recored the selection for a $7k+ item correctly and then are completely unwilling to even consider having them repainted or help me out in any way after having referred well over 30 people and not gotten anything so far besides a tiny weekender bag and a flashy jacket that I'll never wear ("Look at me, I'm a TESLA OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!").

Really frustrated with this company that I love so much otherwise :/

Did anyone have a similar experience or wants to swap their gray rims for silver ones? I had them take them back off at the SC and went home with my old stock rims until this is resolved (or not).

Best,
Ben

• Love
Reactions: Bengineer
@FlatSix911 -- My referral page still shows "ordered" which is not unexpected since the people ordered in late December and early January. Should I not expect to hear anything from Tesla until those roll over to "delivered"? Anyone have a point of contact I should reach out to? I just don't want to do that until I know if I should have heard anything yet or do I wait until after the referrals take delivery of their cars...

@FlatSix911 -- My referral page still shows "ordered" which is not unexpected since the people ordered in late December and early January. Should I not expect to hear anything from Tesla until those roll over to "delivered"? Anyone have a point of contact I should reach out to? I just don't want to do that until I know if I should have heard anything yet or do I wait until after the referrals take delivery of their cars...

You should definitely wait till at least all the referral cars are delivered at the bare minimum.

Tesla's track record is that it can take 1-3 months after all the cars are delivered for Tesla to email you to choose colors. And then it can take 6 months or more to actually receive the item(s).

• Helpful
Reactions: Morristhecat
I had 7 referrals when the wheels was the price for 5 and I had 10 referrals last time, but have not received anything! I got the mail both times. Where I could choose colour on the wheels and the size of the jacket. But now bags, wheels or jacket has arrived. 4 of the cars from the October program is delivered and 3 of the cars from the December program. They should at least send the jackets and bags?

Reactions: Bengineer
I had 7 referrals when the wheels was the price for 5 and I had 10 referrals last time, but have not received anything! I got the mail both times. Where I could choose colour on the wheels and the size of the jacket. But now bags, wheels or jacket has arrived. 4 of the cars from the October program is delivered and 3 of the cars from the December program. They should at least send the jackets and bags?

7 Referrals!! You are lucky!

Reactions: nasatech
Status
Not open for further replies.