Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the following update on the Arachnid wheels from Tesla:

Thanks for your patience as we produce and ship your Arachnid wheels. Unfortunately, there have been delays that pushed out our shipping and installation timeline. We are currently tracking to have your wheels delivered to your selected service center for mid April with installs after that. This is extremely high priority for us to get you your wheels with high quality as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and ongoing support. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

I'm not sure if this means they will be here where I live (in Sweden) by mid-April (and thus sooner for North American customers) or if it's a more general date and I'll have to wait additionally for overseas shipping.

I have been waiting since July 2016 for the Arachnid wheels and the North American service centers have not received any yet ... :cool:

I have been waiting since July 2016 for the Arachnid wheels and the North American service centers have not received any yet ... :cool:

Sure, but even if they mean mid-April in Sweden that would mean they shouldn’t be available in North America just yet. It doesn’t take a month and a half to get them here.

Also, AFAIK they’re made in the UK, and I don’t know if the ones bound for Europe will have to go to Freemont for painting first or not.

i used another browser, clicked the link posted above, placed the order.

I did get the referral credit. So, what this shows is that TMC referrals are working at least based on location. I'm stumped... i dont know whats going on.

Maybe i should have asked someone to post the referral link on their website.

Hopefully we can figure this out.

Or, tesla sales recently took a dump and no one is buying... i dont know.

So you're saying you self-referred, and got the referral credit on the mytesla page as soon as you placed the order -- counting as "friends referred"?
the purchase is for my mother. She wanted a S. i helped her place the order since she would be confused doing it online using her new account.

I did get the credit right away.

something is up, and maybe some other posters are right in that it accounts by location, but i'm really confused now.

the purchase is for my mother. She wanted a S. i helped her place the order since she would be confused doing it online using her new account.

I did get the credit right away.

something is up, and maybe some other posters are right in that it accounts by location, but i'm really confused now.
Have you and your mother both registered at 23 and Me by any chance? Perhaps they accessed the 23 and Me database and confirmed a DNA match before awarding the referral credit? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Reeler
I don't know why things would shut off so abruptly on the referral side. This is the first phase in a while that folks invested in buying ad words on the search engines. Perhaps that coupled with so many more owners out there sopped-up all the buyers.

Maybe that with some geofencing and light vetting is causing all this. One thing I know is that if you show up at a showroom, they will give you the referral credit too quite readily. I don't know if they just hand out a friends or have a way to give the discount without the program.

Party's Over!

I'm showing 3 so far, but Tesla has always been very erratic about updating totals. They also just decided to add a 7th referral out of nowhere for last round, which should mean that I'm still gettin a Powerwall if they all end up being delivered, right? Just wondering if anyone had the same thing happen in previous rounds...
I had that happen to me for the Oct 16 - Jan 15 program. Got 7 Referral and was all happy. Then when they updated the My Tesla with details to check on the referrals it showed 2 customers had cancelled their order. I still have 1 person that has not taken delivery. I'm assuming that they will be taking delivery soon. I did get the award email and I submitted my jacket, bag and Tesla Fremont factory tour for 3 people. So only 5 counted. I'm hoping for 3 this time around but like everyone else the total till day is 0. My son is going to be disappointed... its my fault I told him we would have no problem getting 3 referrals.

i wish there was another way to test the referral count theory. like a cross country purchase from a referral thread blog that one of you guys run.

or like reeler said, i'm really worried about teslas numbers this time around. Maybe all the buyers thinking of buying jumped last quarter to get the savings and liftime charging... but if thats the case, this is gonna be a really really tough quarter.

Last edited:
i wish there was another way to test the referral count theory. like a cross country purchase from a referral thread blog that one of you guys run.

or like reeler said, i'm really worried about teslas numbers this time around. Maybe all the buyers thinking of buying jumped last quarter to get the savings and liftime charging... but if thats the case, this is gonna be a really really tough quarter.

I used a business partner's referral code when I purchased my X - I'm in the Pacific Northwest, he's in the Atlantic Southeast. He received a referral credit for my delivered X.

I used a business partner's referral code when I purchased my X - I'm in the Pacific Northwest, he's in the Atlantic Southeast. He received a referral credit for my delivered X.
Hi Bonnie, was this recently for this period and was the code a direct use code? We believe direct code is always valid, but its when its used from a referring website like a blog that it wont work. but still no clue.

Hi Bonnie, was this recently for this period and was the code a direct use code? We believe direct code is always valid, but its when its used from a referring website like a blog that it wont work. but still no clue.
Yes, this referral cycle. I ordered my X on 12/21 & took delivery last Friday. And yes, it was a direct code - he's my business partner so no need to pull his code from a website. I just asked him. :).

Yes, this referral cycle. I ordered my X on 12/21 & took delivery last Friday. And yes, it was a direct code - he's my business partner so no need to pull his code from a website. I just asked him. :).
I think that would count as the previous referral cycle which went until 1/15/17. The current referral cycle is for orders from 1/15/17 through 3/15/17.

I'm still waiting on 4 deliveries from the previous referral cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.