Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote the referral program e-mail address and got a quick reply that there is a waiting list for another VIP tour. They aren't sure there will be another one, but if more people sign up, I think it increases the chances there will be another date later this year. The link for the waiting list isn't obvious, but it's there at the bottom of the invite e-mail below the RSVP link.

That link looks like it is just for a standard open tour invitation, but it does indeed link to a VIP tour wait-list. It may be the only way to go now, things look to be about filled up...

After much re-arranging my family's schedule we were ready to RSVP last night for the Saturday. We were thinking this would be a great experience for our kids to see. Upon trying to RSVP, I found there were no more spots available for more than 1 person at all on Saturday, and my immediate family is 4. What the heck? Admittedly, there is just one spot for 4 available for Friday - but with kids school plus some other things I can't get out of, it won't work.

The way I see it, I went out of my way for Tesla to get some referrals, so I was happy to be invited and told to RSVP before May 10. I went about and rearranged my family's schedule, and when I found I could do it I tried to RSVP on the 3rd (which one would think is plenty of time), then was told my family can't be accommodated??!! What the heck! Sure, early bird gets the worm and all, but this is supposed to be a VIP event and you don't turn away VIPs. This is looking just like the airline industry and overbooking, invite more golden tickets than you can handle and just upset a bunch of people by not letting them board. I am sure that I am not the only one still trying to RSVP... Do I just have sour grapes or is this legitimately upsetting?? I emailed them to see if they can fit us in and am awaiting a response.

Reactions: Ormond and Reeler
Man, you guys are lucky they at least acknowledge it's their fault and fix it. With me, they just pretended I was too stupid to choose the right color out of 3 and told me they found that I had definitely selected silver "upon extensive digging" in their system...

How many people in this thread alone selected grey and received silver? I would have been irate if Tesla blamed me for their mistake. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.

Reactions: Bengineer
That link looks like it is just for a standard open tour invitation, but it does indeed link to a VIP tour wait-list. It may be the only way to go now, things look to be about filled up...

After much re-arranging my family's schedule we were ready to RSVP last night for the Saturday. We were thinking this would be a great experience for our kids to see. Upon trying to RSVP, I found there were no more spots available for more than 1 person at all on Saturday, and my immediate family is 4. What the heck? Admittedly, there is just one spot for 4 available for Friday - but with kids school plus some other things I can't get out of, it won't work.

The way I see it, I went out of my way for Tesla to get some referrals, so I was happy to be invited and told to RSVP before May 10. I went about and rearranged my family's schedule, and when I found I could do it I tried to RSVP on the 3rd (which one would think is plenty of time), then was told my family can't be accommodated??!! What the heck! Sure, early bird gets the worm and all, but this is supposed to be a VIP event and you don't turn away VIPs. This is looking just like the airline industry and overbooking, invite more golden tickets than you can handle and just upset a bunch of people by not letting them board. I am sure that I am not the only one still trying to RSVP... Do I just have sour grapes or is this legitimately upsetting?? I emailed them to see if they can fit us in and am awaiting a response.
Our friends that planned to go with us can't attend so there will be an additional 2 spots available at tour time. I emailed the referral program before we put their names in (because they were on the fence) asking if we could give the names later and they said "no", so I had to fill in some names put theirs in and now they can't go.

Point is at least 2 more spots are open on our Saturday tour, I'm sure more will come up. I'm happy to send and email to the referral program again (concerning my open spots) if you'd like me to

Reactions: Morristhecat
Our friends that planned to go with us can't attend so there will be an additional 2 spots available at tour time. I emailed the referral program before we put their names in (because they were on the fence) asking if we could give the names later and they said "no", so I had to fill in some names put theirs in and now they can't go.

Point is at least 2 more spots are open on our Saturday tour, I'm sure more will come up. I'm happy to send and email to the referral program again (concerning my open spots) if you'd like me to

Thank you, I really appreciate the offer to communicate that with them. The way I left it with the organizer was that they will contact me if there are any cancellations. If folks have a cancellation and let them know, it opens up a space for others. Much better than having spots go unused.

As a follow up to my post above where I couldn't get my family into the VIP tour, Tesla has followed up with me and confirmed that we are now on for the Group E tour, Saturday afternoon. Thanks @GasKilla and anyone else that advised Tesla of unfilled spots - my family and I really appreciate it! :)

After the regular factory tour, last year, we had a VIP factory tour which was awesome -- they took us to places the regular tour did not go (which is just the factory floor) -- they took us through factory offices and the research and development areas (and the cafeteria, too!). There's also a second factory floor for smaller electronics assembly, like the MCU and ICs.

But I'm sure the June "VIP Tour" will be completely different (and probably better!). There's also the Model 3 viewing and the Q&A with Franz. And lunch. ;)

And I just did the regular factory tour two weeks ago while I was in the area for a conference, and I'm still going back (also from the east coast) in June just for the VIP tour because I think it will be a really unique "insider's" opportunity compared to just the regular, everyday, factory tour (which is still really amazing in its own right).

So on the fence - currently booked for me and my family for Saturday .. is it really worth it? Would love to hear from someone who has done a VIP tour in the past? Long haul from east coast - but would be nice to show family around SF.
I've been on the regular tour a few months ago, while I happened to be in town for other reasons. It was really fun, but I felt it was kind of limited to riding a trolley around the main assembly areas. I hope the VIP tour shows us some more depth. But the main reason we are interested in going is to expose our kids to it so they can see for themselves how things are made, how much work goes into producing these vehicles, actually talk (or even if they just listen) to a guy like Franz. etc. How often do opportunities come to expose young minds to these things, and of all the Tesla events, this one is probably a little more kid friendly and the most appropriate to expose them to. We are in an age of youth being screen zombies and used to instant gratification. Events like these are brilliant opportunities for inspiring kids. I expect this will be something they remember for a while.

Reactions: hariclt
Mines been like this for 2 months.
Mine just updated last night as well. Before last night, the Friends Referred showed ordered, delivered and cancelled. Now Friends Referred only shows Ordered.

Here's what it looks like now.
referral_count.png

Before last night, the Friends Referred total was 9, not 5. They are no longer including the Delivered count in the Friends Referred total. While the new display does separate out Ordered, Delivered and Cancelled, it doesn't accurately display the total referral count. If they are only going to show Ordered under the Friends Referred count, then they should change it to be "Ordered" and add a 4th count showing the actual Friends Referred ( = Ordered + Delivered).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bengineer
Mine just updated last night as well. Before last night, the Friends Referred showed ordered, delivered and cancelled. Now Friends Referred only shows Ordered.

Here's what it looks like now.
View attachment 226663

Before last night, the Friends Referred total was 9, not 5. They are no longer including the Delivered count in the Friends Referred total. While the new display does separate out Ordered, Delivered and Cancelled, it doesn't accurately display the total referral count. If they are only going to show Ordered under the Friends Referred count, then they should change it to be "Ordered" and add a 4th count showing the actual Friends Referred ( = Ordered + Delivered).
Same here!

I haven't received my wheels yet. I received an email from the Tesla Referral Program 3 weeks ago informing me that my wheels had been "dispatched" to the Rocklin Service Center.

Stopped by the Rocklin Service Center and was told that they have no wheels nor the ability to match the wheels with the owner so I should contact Tesla on how to get this handled. Extremely frustrated. Emailed Tesla Referral Program 10 days ago with no reply.

Would you mind sharing the email? I haven't heard a word and my tired need replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.