Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so awesome! This is one instance that I'm happy to have been wrong! I hope Tesla keeps the Free For Life Supercharging indefinitely on the Model S / X. Certainly a "premium" option for their "premium" vehicles compared to the Model 3. I can only hope there is a "premium" Tesla Pickup that offers it as well, as I certainly intend to buy one.

I think people are reading this so that it applies to current owners and current orders only. New (Model S/X) orders get in only through referrals.

I'd guess this is a push for Q2 (and Q3) sales. If Q4 needs more help maybe they will bring it back...

Reactions: Maaz
Clicking the referral link requests an email address to receive the free Supercharging and $1,000 credit. Will the five be limited those who submit their email address or only when an order is complete?

Referrals have been able to be added later at the Tesla Store to a previous order. Those who ordered recently without a referral should contact a Tesla friend, get their code and visit their nearest Tesla Store or call Tesla to check if that can be added to their order.
Good point. Completion of the order is required currently to count as a referral. So unless a buyer picks a referral code from an "ordinary owner" who rarely if ever has his/her code used, that buyer may miss out. Unless Tesla blocks use of a well known code that has a combined five pending or completed sales, the poor buyer may miss out.

I'm all for eliminating the absurd, current "referral of friends" program that is nothing more than a new buyer grabbing a referral code, often from some stranger who knows how to plaster his code all over the Internet (think YouTube and Elektrek authors). Maybe that will happen with this new program.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Only thing somewhat disappointing is that the previous promotion enabled the promoter to also get a $1000 discount/credit towards Tesla. The new promotion gives a kids toy for the first , a front line spot for solar roof for the second and new tires for the third. So no where near as beneficial to the promoter.

I didn't realize this was the case with the old promotion! Was it stackable, as in $5K discount for 5 referrals???

Really, so if a new buyer picks a heavily publicized referral code of say one of the guys who have Tesla videos on YouTube that buyer won't get free Supercharger if that code has been used five times -- and that's ok?

I'm guessing if you use a referral, you'll get supercharging regardless. The limit of 5 is likely more on the referrer's end as there are no more prizes after 5 with the new program. I'm sure Tesla won't stop people from referring others after 5, there just won't likely be any benefit to the referrer for doing so.

Can you refer yourself and if not I might need to trade referral codes with someone who has enough so I can get unlimited supercharging on my wife's Model X we are going to buy. PM me so I can't hit you up. We are going to buy after June 4th so we can take delivery end of this quarter or begining of this next quarter. Looking at a inventory vehicle.

Maybe you got a flagship video recently? When I made the Model X build quality video last year, it got 80k views and I got 3 referrals! My subscriber count is only 1200. How do you advertise your referral link on your videos? Link in description (URL shorter or Tesla link)??
The only two videos that have gotten a significant number of views are my Chevy Bolt video and my Model S "one year" video, but those were posted in January and February and the bulk of their 184k and 115k views occurred before the March 16th referral period started. That said, they still bring in a significant percentage of my total channel traffic.

To date, I don't think that I've talked about the referral link at all in any of my videos... I just stick the full Tesla referral link (no shortener or other obfuscation) at the bottom of the video description.

I've been trying for awhile to get the Model S power wheels for my 2 kids (2 and 4). I'll pay you to use my code or I'll buy one off someone who earned one and wants to sell.

PM me for what you want.

Thanks!

Hey, if you buy a Tesla Model S or X through the link below, you get free Supercharging and $1,000 off. Only existing Tesla owners can send the link, and it works for up to 5 friends. I think it’s a good deal so wanted to send it over. Call me if you want to see my car! My Tesla Referral Code

Can you refer yourself and if not I might need to trade referral codes with someone who has enough so I can get unlimited supercharging on my wife's Model X we are going to buy. PM me so I can't hit you up. We are going to buy after June 4th so we can take delivery end of this quarter or begining of this next quarter. Looking at a inventory vehicle.

Sent a PM your way, dhg.

My Tesla Referral Code

I think people are reading this so that it applies to current owners and current orders only. New (Model S/X) orders get in only through referrals.

I'd guess this is a push for Q2 (and Q3) sales. If Q4 needs more help maybe they will bring it back...
I think you are right. At this point in this young company's life every quarter's sales are really important. This provides another jolt to sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.