Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one place an order to redeem your referral award? I had 2 referrals in the March 16 - June 15, 2017 Program.
Even though it's not YET June 15, 2017, I see that they moved on to a new referral program. Does this mean I lost my 2 referrals or can I redeem an award until June 15, 2017?

How does one place an order to redeem your referral award? I had 2 referrals in the March 16 - June 15, 2017 Program.
Even though it's not YET June 15, 2017, I see that they moved on to a new referral program. Does this mean I lost my 2 referrals or can I redeem an award until June 15, 2017?

from the details of the updated program:
Owners with one or more referrals in the previous phase between March 16, 2017 and May 19, 2017 will be eligible for both updated and previous phase awards until June 15, 2017. Referral order vehicles must be actually delivered to qualify for awards [...]

if you've earned a referral reward, they will (eventually) contact you about it

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Ripped straight from the referral program's details.

Good Faith

We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

No soapboxing here either. I actually had the same idea as the OP when I initially bought and learned about the program. Throw some cash at someone to use my referral code to get some sweet wheels and everyone's happy, right? Wrong, according to Tesla.

Some time back I received a PM from a mod asking me to take down my referral code from my sig, yet I see plenty of sigs still sporting them. Did something change?

Anyway, here's my hat in the ring: $1,000 off a new Tesla and Free Supercharging

Additionally, I'll be more than happy to take the time to answer any questions regarding owning one of these dream machines--simply PM me or tag me with an @ in this thread. If you live in Illinois, I'm in the Oak Park/ River Forest area and would be glad to give a demo and share ownership experiences in the comfortable and inviting setting of the police department's parking lot.

Thanks for your consideration!

Is this scenario really the selling of a referral code though? The code recipient isn't paying for the use of it. However, this still may fall under the no commercializing stipulation since a cash incentive is being offered by the referrer.
For the sake of not splitting hairs, I'm gonna opine that it's not kosher. Hell, if Tesla says it is, then $500 goes to my first 3 referrals, each! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.